[2.2] Request help for Chieftain RF-Cyclone build

Hello all

Before you start reading please note that this is my first try to make a build by my own and not copy the complete suggestions from other players.

Maybe I have a really crazy idea for a marauder build and it would be nice if some of you (more experienced) guys could help me. The thing is that my ground slam marauder sucks as hell and in my opinion there are much more options that a marauder can profit from e.g. the new ascendancy classes.

My first plan was a RF Marauder but I found it a little bit…yeah not boring, but it is not the way of playing I like the most. So I try to implement a Cyclone with a RF build with the Chieftain class.
The most damage will be taken from RF and the cyclone is for additional portion damage and as the case may be more life leech.

Gear:

Obviously using Rise of the Phoenix is the first choice. For I Main Hand I would choose Brightbreak – or is there any better option?

Passive Tree:

[…]
That is my main problem. Unfortunately I’m not able to combine a Cyclone Build and a RF build in the correct way so I’m afraid that I have not enough life/armour at the end.
That is the main point in this build I need your help.

Gems:

Righteous Fire
-Increased Burning Damage
-Increased Area of Effect
-Concentrated Effect (maybe not useful???)

Cyclone
-Faster Attacks
-Melee Physical Damage
-Life Leech
-Added Fire Damage
-Fortify

Leap Slam
-Faster Attacks
-Curse on Hit
-Vulnerability
-Fortify (as an option instead of CoH)

Cast when Damage taken
-Molten Shell
-Immortal Call
-Increased Duration

Chieftain
-Ngamahu - Flames Advance
-Hinekora - Death’s Fury
-Tawhoa – Forest’s Strength

So that would be my first plan- maybe you have some better ideas or maybe it would be better to quit game and hang myself. (For sure I’ll get this answer.)

Of course if there is any possibility to realize this "project" I'll adjust the thread which would be useful for other players.

Many thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 12:06:25 PM
By the looks of it you're trying to build a Cyclone build, AND a Righteous Fire build, trying to achieve good damage from both skills in the same build is a non-starter, you can't build physical damage for cyclone while also building health regen and flat health for RF.

The most popular RF pure builds use Cyclone with Life Gain on Hit and Fortify to boost defenses and heal life while spinning. Life Leech is not a good option because it is based on the damage you deal with cyclone, which will be low, so we go LGoH instead.

If you're looking to do damage with RF then

Is probably best in slot, although will cost you north of 1.2 Exalted Orbs. A rare rolled with attack speed/%Fire Damage is always useful, maybe some intelligence/strength.

If you have any more questions regarding the build don't hesitate to ask, as it is the build I am running currently.

Last edited by smittles on Mar 10, 2016, 9:59:24 AM
I'm working on an all-fire Chieftain cyclone build right now, using Oro's. No RF though, like the person said above, you probably won't get all your bang for your buck with that.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1610191 if you wanna see what I've done so far. I played it last night, and it was pretty fun doing mid-tier maps. Only on a lvl 82 character.

Pretty cheap too, only a few chaos for an Oro and the two Fireborn gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info