Bugged interaction between Scion-Hierophant and Searing Bond

Hi GGG,

First off, I'm loving the Ascendancy content, thank you! That said, last night I experienced a build-limiting bug upon "ascending" with my Perandus Scion character which is a real drag.

The issue occurs with some but not all configurations of Searing Bond and the Scion-Hierophant Ascendancy, and results in a lower than intended max number of totems for some configurations. Specifically, Searing Bond in helm + other totem in other slot works just fine, but the opposite is bugged (other totem in helm + Searing Bond in other slot = less than appropriate max totems available). Details below:

Use Case:
-Perandus Normal
-Scion (pre and post ascendancy to Hierophant subclass tested)
-Searing Bond Gem ("can have up to 1 additional totem summoned at a time")
-Hierophant subclass ("skills in your helm can have up to 1 additional totem summoned at a time")

Abbreviation Legend:
-SB = Searing Bond
-ST = Spell Totem
-MT = Max # of Totems
-HS = Helm Slot (gem is slotted in helm)
-NHS = Non-Helm Slot (gem is slotted in other gear besides helm)

Description:

Scion, Pre-ascendancy behavior [all work as expected]
-SB in NHS, ST in NHS: MT=2 (SB1+ST1 or SB2)
-SB in HS, ST in NHS: MT=2 (SB1+ST1 or SB2)
-SB in NHS, ST in HS: MT=2 (SB1+ST1 or SB2)

Scion, Post-ascendancy to Hierophant subclass behavior [some interactions bugged]
-SB in NHS, ST in NHS: MT=2 (SB1+ST1) [as expected, hierophant bonus not in play, since helm slot is not in use for either totem]
-SB in HS, ST in NHS: MT=3 (SB3 or SB2+ST1) [as expected]
-SB in NHS, ST in HS: MT=2 (SB2 or ST2 or SB1+ST1) [broken, should allow MT=3 (ST2+SB1 or ST1+ST2)]

Of note, based on other limited testing:
- This issue occurs with hierophant Scion + SB + other totems besides just Spell Totem (also tested with Siege Ballista)
- Test of Standard marauder character with Ancestral Bond keystone works appropriately (MT=3: SB3 or SB1+ST2 or SB2+ST1)

Thank you for your attention, looking forward to getting this patched! :)
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 7:41:50 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
THIS IS A GAME BREAKING ISSUE!

To simplify...

My searing bond is in my weapon. Flame totem in helmet.

I have ancestral bond.

I want to have 4 totems out (as my spec would suggest) 3 flame totem and 1 searing bond - this doesn't work.

Whenever you cast the 3 flame totems from the helmet they work, however searing bond replaces one of the totems for a max of 3 totems...

PLEASE FIX THIS GAME BREAKING ISSUE! 64 LEVELS IN... NOW I HAVE TO START OVER :(
Sorry for the trouble. We are currently looking into this.
While you are at it, look here too https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1610457#p13010916
tl;dr: totem resummoning order is bugged for hiero-scion; helmet totems are resummoned before normal ones.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Mar 15, 2016, 5:45:39 AM
"
FoxxElite wrote:
THIS IS A GAME BREAKING ISSUE!

To simplify...

My searing bond is in my weapon. Flame totem in helmet.

I have ancestral bond.

I want to have 4 totems out (as my spec would suggest) 3 flame totem and 1 searing bond - this doesn't work.

Whenever you cast the 3 flame totems from the helmet they work, however searing bond replaces one of the totems for a max of 3 totems...

PLEASE FIX THIS GAME BREAKING ISSUE! 64 LEVELS IN... NOW I HAVE TO START OVER :(

I have the same issue. Posted here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618667

I want 4 Totems.

If you put in the Searing Bond in the Helmet too, it is working correctly 3 Totems and 1 SB. But you loose 1 Slot to push up the Flame Totem. Hope to get a Fix for that soon ;)

lg
Thanks for explaining the situation very clearly POEbadger!

"
POEbadger wrote:
Scion, Post-ascendancy to Hierophant subclass behavior [some interactions bugged]
-SB in NHS, ST in HS: MT=2 (SB2 or ST2 or SB1+ST1) [broken, should allow MT=3 (ST2+SB1 or ST1+ST2)]

This is not a bug. Each totem skill has its own idea about what the max totems is. In this case, SB's max totems is 2. (1 normally, +1 from SB.) ST has max totems of 2 as well. (1 normally, +1 from helm). So the max totems is 2 for both skills. That's why you can't summon a third totem, because neither skill can summon 3 totems.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 18, 2016, 5:36:50 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Thanks for explaining the situation very clearly POEbadger!

"
POEbadger wrote:

This is not a bug. Each totem skill has its own idea about what the max totems is. In this case, SB's max totems is 2. (1 normally, +1 from SB.) ST has max totems of 2 as well. (1 normally, +1 from helm). So the max totems is 2 for both skills. That's why you can't summon a third totem, because neither skill can summon 3 totems.
This is correct.
Thank you dudiobugtron and Mark_GGG for the clarification! I really appreciate it. Basically, I am interpreting this explanation as these particular "additional totem" skills do not stack.

I can't say I really like it, but I can accept that it is what it is; it is a game, after all! It sure seems inconsistent though with every other use case involving "additional X", which actually do stack with each other (i.e. ancestral bond, soul mantle). And especially punitive given the inherent limitations already associated with the ascendancy skill (limited to helm slot).

Thanks for bearing with me!!! :)

POEbadger

"
POEbadger wrote:
Thank you dudiobugtron and Mark_GGG for the clarification! I really appreciate it. Basically, I am interpreting this explanation as these particular "additional totem" skills do not stack.

I can't say I really like it, but I can accept that it is what it is; it is a game, after all! It sure seems inconsistent though with every other use case involving "additional X", which actually do stack with each other (i.e. ancestral bond, soul mantle). And especially punitive given the inherent limitations already associated with the ascendancy skill (limited to helm slot).

Thanks for bearing with me!!! :)

POEbadger

I think you are interpreting it wrong. Those particular "additional totem" skills are exactly the same as every other "additional totem" skill. They do stack, but only on individual skills.

Ancestral bond and soul mantle give +1 additional totem to every totem skill. Exactly the same way that +1 additional projectile gives an additional projectile to every skill. You could think of Ancestral bond as saying "Totem Skills can have 1 additional totem".

If totems from different skills didn't over-write each other, then with ancestral bond you should expect to be able to summon 2 flame totems *and* 3 searing bond totems. That would be 5 totems in total.
It doesn't work like that though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info