The Labyrinth can imprison you? Are you serious???

After 45min of boring and unrewarding Labyrinth gameplay I pull a lever in good fate to disable the traps outside. Instead it closes the only door in the room I'm standing in and locks me in. The only way to leave is portal out and start all over.

Are you serious? I already dread the Labyrinth with all this constant back tracking which is really boring. The only reason I'm running it is for the Ascendancies but I honestly wish there was another way to get them. I will never grind it regardless of how powerful enchantments you can get from it.

At the very least it's too big and long. imho it's size should be max twice the size of regular maps.

I know you have put a lot of work into it and I'm sure a lot of players enjoy it. But forcing it upon us is bad. I play ARPG because I love these games and for my taste the Labyrinth is not an ARPG anymore even if it's only a part from one. The content it gates is too important to play the game.
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 2:24:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

10/10
path of exile expert
"
fae76 wrote:
...I pull a lever in good fate to disable the traps outside. Instead it closes the only door in the room I'm standing in and locks me in. The only way to leave is portal out and start all over.

I´ve had this happen, too, I hope it´s unintentional and will get fixed, else it´s really nasty to troll players like that.
I get the feeling the locking you in was unintentional. There were some blocked paths that have been fixed previously and I don't think that is GGGs intention. Would I do that as a dev? most certainly, but I enjoy doing that and having that happen to me. I'm also not the one making PoE.
run into one of those but using the same lever a second time open it again so no idea whats the big deal.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
fae76 wrote:
I play ARPG because I love these games and for my taste the Labyrinth is not an ARPG anymore even if it's only a part from one.

Because dodging traps isn't "action?"

Because dodging or outmaneuvering boss mechanics is any different than dodging or out maneuvering trap mechanics?

It's still an ARPG. It's a slight chance of pace, and I welcome it.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
It feeds on the souls of those unfortunate enough to seek its riches.

Yes it feeds on your tears.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
caboom wrote:
run into one of those but using the same lever a second time open it again so no idea whats the big deal.

Because the lever was disabled after the first use.
"
fae76 wrote:
"
caboom wrote:

Because the lever was disabled after the first use.

Was it by chance a timed lever?
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
fae76 wrote:
I play ARPG because I love these games and for my taste the Labyrinth is not an ARPG anymore even if it's only a part from one.

Because dodging traps isn't "action?"

Because dodging or outmaneuvering boss mechanics is any different than dodging or out maneuvering trap mechanics?

It's still an ARPG. It's a slight chance of pace, and I welcome it.

I wrote my taste. You can have your own, I respect that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info