[2.2] WIP, "Righteous White walker" - RF based on self-freezing effect

Fire pen doesnt work with rf, since it doesnt hit, get butning damage/conc/aoe/whatever instead.

Neat idea, interesting concept, i am sceptical however:

"Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied"

and with 350 phys base damage , 35k armour and cold resistances, of which only a third is cold i dont know how effective even auxuim will be.

Get some videos posted if you have something going
"
MrokPandy wrote:
Fire pen doesnt work with rf, since it doesnt hit, get butning damage/conc/aoe/whatever instead.

Neat idea, interesting concept, i am sceptical however:

"Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied"

and with 350 phys base damage , 35k armour and cold resistances, of which only a third is cold i dont know how effective even auxuim will be.

Get some videos posted if you have something going

Spoiler

To be honest, some really nice game I was waiting for came-up so I wasn't really playing PoE for the past... two months? Yea.... I also almost forgot about this build, so thank you for posting here xD

Getting back to the topic:

Damage conversion work BEFORE mitigation from armour kicks-in, so we are working with full 30% conversion which is 105. Also, since we are freezing ourself only with CRITICALS, this damage goes up to 150% value - 157.

Next, from our gear we shouldn't get more than around 300ES and auxium makes our freeze chance be based on 65% of it. Thus we can assume that 195 (0,65*300) is our 100% of maximum life (for freeze calculations).

Now, to get past 0,3 sec (300 miliseconds), we need to dmg ourself with cold by at least 5% of it:
195 * 0,05 = 9,75.

If we deal ourself 157 of cold dmg with 0% resistance, we are 15-times above our lower limit, and at 75% we are around 4-times above it. Still, 0.3 sec is kind of low and having extra 20% regen is much better than being more resistent to cold attacks.
moderate necromancy here, but I wish this tree could be updated for 2.4 so I could still see it and think about it.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info