2.2 Help crafting low budget quad totem.

Am relatively inexperienced and seeking a Flame Totem build for 0 budget that ends with quad totem or 3 totem self cast and isn't going to have me spending 50 orbs of regret. I've done a lot of looking online and most of the builds I've seen are geared towards marauder and witch. Can anyone please give me some real insight? >.< SC Perandus League
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 9:31:12 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAASzBg4GoAn2C2EMXw48EMwUcRZvGS4aOBpsHKcc3B8YJKonLyftKU8qEyu2LKc1kjbFNuk62DwtQ2NDyEShSsROrk8EUftTpVcNWOVaK15dZIRmVGaeaFhoZWjybqpxTXKpeyB8g4IHgpuDX4PMg_OFe4nYjEaMdo8aj0aQVZo7ms-drp48ogCj8qcIp5Stja4Sr2yxNrXytzG3PsMTxPbGrs0Wz37R_dIh1HzXltgk2L3ZYdl84XPjauQi6-7sOPAf8kHzm_au98H4k_m9_gr-hw==

This is the passive tree I've constructed? I still am mostly unclear on what support gems to use. Any input is greatly appreciated. It's Life/Armor/ES, gets 6 jewel sockets, every totem node, and Zealots Oath.
Rethink your tree a bit.

Spell damage and elemental damage nodes will add to your totems damage. You're missing some good nodes in the templar area such as Retribution, and Light of Divinity. You have some totem damage nodes that could be swapped out in favor of these that would benefit you. There's also Celestial Judgement just below Ancestral Bond which is worth grabbing. In most cases, I think you're better served skipping the specific totem damage nodes in order to reach or grab better nodes elsewhere in the tree. Anything that adds to totem survivability should not be skipped.

I'm also not sure going for Totemic Zeal below scion is worth the points. more often than not, your totems are either going to die or you'll be repositioning them before their duration expires. That leaves you with wasting a few points to grab a bit of cast and placement speed which you can grab elsewhere in the tree.

In my opinion, you could make your tree a bit better by dropping the 5 points to totemic zeal and the 1 damage node in the ancestral bond wheel. Also swap the 1 damage node in the ironwood cluster in favor of the totem life node in the same cluster.

As for support gems, faster casting, fire penetration, Iron will, Controlled destruction, faster projectiles, Elemental focus, Added chaos. I'm no expert on support gems. Drop controlled destruction for crits. Faster casting and fire pen should be in any build. I'm liking elemental focus atm. It's a good boost to elemental damage and you can forget about status effect nodes.
Ty so much for your informative reply! I have also been toying around with a Mind over Matter build with Eldritch Battery, considering the divine guidance passive. If I take this route and use a Heavy ES build, while taking zealots oath and easy to reach life regen nodes, do you believe that would be effective? Scrapping Totemic Zeal line and adding more elemental damage priority, leads me to this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBFEEswYOCaoJ9gthDF8OPBBYEMwRLRFQFHEWbxkuGj4abBslHKcdTx_HJKon7SkuKyYreCycLKctHy2LMtE1uTbpOhY8LUVHRtdKxEuuU6VXDVcpWOVaK15dXz9mVGaeaFpoZWjybRlxhXIPeyB8g3y4gh6Cm4Nfg8yFMoV7hoKHZYuMjHaUb5UgmjuePKIAo_KnK6eUr2y3Mbc-wGbAmsHzwxPE9sau0f3UfNSP1abYvdlb2WHZ_NsL34rhc-Nq5CLpAuvu7DjtIO088B_xrPIv85vz3fau98H4k_jr-d3-Cv6H

I'm a bit unsure about going into Marauder for Diamond Skin and warriors blood. But that's about what I'm shooting for.
As far as gems go.

6L - Flame Totem, Fire Pen, Faster Cast, Controlled Destruction, Iron Will, Elemental Focus
3L - Flame Dash, Flammability, Faster Casting
3L - Vaal Haste, Increased Duration, Flame Golem

Aaaaand that's the best I've got so far. Any suggestion on defensive setups would be greatly appreciated. Also considering Anger/Herald of Ash combo.
I think I'm far from a POE expert, but it looks good to me. I thought of trying something similar with divine guidance and EB. My one concern is how low budget it will be, if that is indeed what you are going for. Then again, I think the price of uniques is taking a nosedive so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The way I play is to keep my tree as generic as possible and grab what I need as I go. I don't really plan anything. Maybe consider holding off on delving into marauder until later. You could cut those nodes and instead grab shaper (near scion) for 40% mana regen and 1% life regen. There's also the quick recovery cluster at the intersection between templar and witch that ends in .8 life regen.

One small improvement with your tree would be to drop the 8% elemental damage node below Elementalist along with the 6% elemental damage node in the Celestial Judgement wheel and stick both of those points into the two 12% fire damage nodes on the outside of that same wheel..... Now you have me thinking about this lol. I think there are some better ways to plan out this tree. I might post a tree in a bit. I'm out of time.

Herald of ash gains a % of your physical damage. Herald of thunder would work though.

Flame golem dies easily. If you have a couple slots, I think chaos golem tied to fortify, works a bit better and gives you a bit of survivability.
I really appreciate the assistance and I'd love to see that tree! 26 and rolling soo far.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQOaBFEEswYOCaoJ9gthDF8OPBBYEMwRLRFQFHEYVhkuGmwbJRynHU8fxyftKyYreCu2LJwspy0fLYsy0TW5OhY8LUGHRUdFnUbXS65TUlOlVw1Y5VorXl1j_WZUZp5oWmhlaHRo8m0ZcYVyD3hpeuZ8g4IegpuDX4PMhXuGgodli4yMRpRvlSCaO5rgogCj8qcrp5SvbLc-wGbAmsHzwxPE9sau0f3UfNWm2VvZYdn82mLbC9-K4XPkIukC6-7sOO088B_zm_Pd9q73wfiT-Ov53fno

This is the tree I've decided to work towards. Thanks again for the input. If you can find a hole in there somewhere, please let me know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info