[2.2] 1H'er Ice Crash - Gladiator 100k-250k DPS Non-crit

Hey thanks for the fast response.
I was also wondering about the final ascendancy point. I would go for the Blood in the Eyes point.
Would it be good ore you would go for something else?

I was looking at the “Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt” with increase physical damage, and I found a “Lightning Coil Desert Brigandine” some of my friends says it bad for this build and some of them says it could be good. So I would like your take on this.

Thank you
"
Deletedmuffin wrote:
Hey thanks for the fast response.
I was also wondering about the final ascendancy point. I would go for the Blood in the Eyes point.
Would it be good ore you would go for something else?

I was looking at the “Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt” with increase physical damage, and I found a “Lightning Coil Desert Brigandine” some of my friends says it bad for this build and some of them says it could be good. So I would like your take on this.

Thank you

For the final ascendancy points there are (3) options.
1.) Violent Retaliation - increased physical damage per 'recently' blocked attack. While on paper this would be an excellent decision, to me it does not make sense. Yes you will block roughly 70% of all attacks done to you. BUT the stacks only last for 4 seconds. The up time for the increased damage is not 100% and is thus unreliable.

2.) Outmatch and Outlast - Provides frenzy charge generation. This ascendancy is also not a good option. With the benefits on Blood Rage and our high armour value, we get passive frenzy charge generation with nearly no downside. The 10% additional physical damage is a nice bonus but not worth it.

3.) Blood in the Eyes - Bumps passive bleed chance to 50%. Reduces damage bleeding targets dish out. Maim is okay but nothing too special. and 30% increased damage to bleeding targets. That's ALL types of damage. To me, as you also suggested, this is the best ascendancy for an IC build. Extra bleeds, extra damage, and reduced damage taken. A good combination to finish off the build.

Moving on to your Lightning Coil question. Is it a good option for this build? The quick answer is "it depends".

There was a time is Path of Exile where acquiring physical damage mitigation was difficult. That's where Lightning Coil came in. It's fairly easy to get 75% resists to cold, fire, and lightning right? There's a lot on gear, nodes in the passive tree, and skill gems that provide it. To reach 75% physical damage reduction, however, takes more investment. Gear needs to have additional properties and armour nodes are mandatory.

With this build, the aim is to get around 20,000 armour without any buffs. That will give roughly 68-69% physical damage mitigation. With 2 endurance charges you then surpass 75% damage reduction. If you had a Lightning Coil equipped you'd actually receive more damage per hit (due to the 75% cap on lightning resist).

I'm not saying that Lightning Coil is a bad item. In fact, if 20,000 armour is not obtainable with your current gear than Lightning Coil would be a safer pick.

So "it depends" is probably the best answer I can give you. Hope that helps.
Hi PUCivilEngineer! First of all great post! I'm trying to make a character following your build.

This is my first character which I'm going to make wearing a shield so this is quite new for me.
Here comes my question: how does blocking on spells work? How do you get 67% block chance on both (attacks and spells)? Because I don't see any passive in the tree where it says x% block chance on spells and when I go to my defense tab I only have Chance to block Attacs. Chance to block spells doesn't even appear.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I respond myself... Thanks to Versatile Combat is possible to block spells too, right?
Last edited by Veurules on Jun 17, 2016, 8:54:34 PM
"
Veurules wrote:
Hi PUCivilEngineer! First of all great post! I'm trying to make a character following your build.

This is my first character which I'm going to make wearing a shield so this is quite new for me.
Here comes my question: how does blocking on spells work? How do you get 67% block chance on both (attacks and spells)? Because I don't see any passive in the tree where it says x% block chance on spells and when I go to my defense tab I only have Chance to block Attacs. Chance to block spells doesn't even appear.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I respond myself... Thanks to Versatile Combat is possible to block spells too, right?

Hey buddy sorry I didn't see your post before. Versatile combat takes your physical block and applies it to spell block. It's a very powerful passive point. Without selecting that ascendancy node or equipping any spell block items, the tool tip will not exist. If you need any help feel free to message me or post in this thread. I'll continue to check periodically.

Just been a weird time, my family has been visiting for the past week... and you know what they say "Guests are like fish, they go bad after a few days". I do apologize for the late response.

Stay Safe!
Hi,

how about a 2h version for this build, will it work ?
i've versioned a litle your build and now i got to the point where i have to chose between 2h and 1h + sh.
also i swapped ranger for templar

here is my current state:

http://poeplanner.com/AAMAANxBQU1BQUFNQVRyNjg5TVpGQ2pYV01aNm1WMDNqX284MWt0aTl0Zko0RGNBYXFXNXZPM2ZqQWR5RTJiNm5aVTI5TmtkLWVXakJCRjhfR2o1OHVDa3U5a2lNejQ2X0cwWEcyQlFnN3c1UVItUlI4YXhYRGZPYmFHWFNJZkpCZ2dmWmZPb1lkcXozTW56WmNxbkU5cS1uUFE5OHUzZmxPdGduTDVCVjdEaUZlMlpVZ3B1YU81X2Y3M3c4QmNCbUJMT2lBUEFmYVBMWllhMk56MzctQ3ZKRjhpODY0UT09AAhBQUFBQVFBQQAA

i got 1h+sh / 2h points close. both options are on the table.

thx
IGN:MuaddDibb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info