[2.4] Fairgraves' Drinking Blade Vortex (life build, Shaper deathless)

Actually I did level with Caustic Arrow with high movement speed. When I started this character there was no Blade Vortex yet. I did respec to Blade Vortex at around lvl 80, had this character laying around and didn't want to start a new one again.

But BV is good enough for levelling. Better to first go towards Assassin nodes and grab some mana+flask nodes to have it easier.

Something like this with first 36 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeBbUILhEvFr8XlhmOI_YknSaVMHw2PTdMRA1NklFHVUth4mJaYqxsjHX9hG-NfY2Sjb-bjZ2qo4q0xbVIwuzHncjw037UQumY62Ptg-4O73r3PQ==

Then add some damage nodes from around and after that go after extra duration or extra area. Both of those are helpful.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Last edited by Iceclad on Mar 17, 2016, 2:50:25 PM
Killed Ambosius. Tried to roll mods which would make him to last as long as possible to see how flasks hold during the fight. Rolled 35% Extra life and Elemental Equilibrium. Both give him a lot more durability. Also made sure that he has extra damage mods to see my durability better.

Flasks did last easily. Got to start all 4 times, so Master Surgeon does help a lot. He has those invulnerable times so it takes on duration. Could have made more cycles also. Should remember to check flask charges after the fight next time. Forgot to do that before town portal.

Ambrosius was the real test on high end maps for Master Surgeon as there are no adds to get flask charges from and his invulnerable timers also mean that some flask uptime is wasted.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Last edited by Iceclad on Mar 19, 2016, 10:03:35 AM
Great looking build,would love to try. Just need enough currency for the flask set up as that is pretty essential and taste of hates aren't that cheap. Haven't been lucky enough to drop one yet :).
Master Surgeon seems to be worth it's weight after all. So far never ran out of charges after I did set the build like this.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Really nice build Ice. So you can sustain 1v1? Btw have you tried Vaal Temple bosses yet?
It really seems that I can sustain 1v1 easily. I've been doing tier 13-14 maps with Warbands mod and never ran out of charges. Even against those Lightning Warp guys who dodge all the time. Playing some in parties and 100Q+ maps. Haven't really found a situation where I would actually run out of flasks even if I mess up with them. Will try to see the same with lvl 1 BV gem, that should be the final test to see if I'm correct.

Haven't tried Vaal Temple again. Have been unable to corrupt it... Will soon buy one if it doesn't corrupt soon.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Confirmed that with Master Surgeon one CAN keep infinite flasks with Blade Vortex pretty easily. Took all Life Leech with similarly working flasks. Then changed gloves to Southbound and added Elemental Focus to BV. So was unable to kill monsters.

Tried it for few minutes and did have not trouble with keeping flasks up.

So infinite flasks are for real.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Awesome man, was that with max blades up? Still possible on like 30 blades?
I did try it with 2 configurations. First was with max blades and second was 30-35 blades with Increased Critical Strikes gem. Both configurations were able to keep infinite flasks. Max blades without Increased Critical Strikes was closer to losing infinite flasks than the version with less blades.

My build is a crit build, but not that heavy into crit as many other BV builds. Going even heavier into crit would make this even easier.

Personally I hate to use extra portals when in a group, so this was really good to find out. But suspected it already as I was not running out of flasks. Better to be safe than sorry when it counts.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
cant seem to make CWDT, Blade vortex, curse on hit, assasins mark work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info