Sorry, not good enough.

So we only need to do Labyrinth once in Merciless if the character is already in merciless for Ascension? Is that the only change? That's a small concession, not even close to good enough for me. I won't back down and demand better, and want you, fellow exiles, to do the same. Here are the reasons why I won't compromise:

1) Lab doesn't fit in with the core game. I'm sorry GGG, it's obvious you're butt-hurt you spent all that time making something people don't want (I would be to; as an artist, it sucks when people don't like your vision. Truly, that sucks and I sympathize) but forcing us to do it once is still too much for me. I will never step foot in that shitty NES style mini-game again. If you added checkpoints, made traps do less damage and tuned down Izario I would still hate every second in that pathetic excuse for a zone. It's terrible, and nothing can change that.

I have never done Atziri and don't plan to; but you never forced me to run Atziri. You DID force me (or quit, which I chose) to run Lab to get the new skill tree, which is unacceptable.

2) I have other games I enjoy playing. Many of them. When you made PoE not fun for me I wasn't in a forced situation to deal with it. This isn't like when you get a new boss at work you don't like and have to change careers or deal with it. I very comfortably quit PoE and went back to the other games I still love and enjoy. I am posting this in the hopes people agree and there are changes made and I can return to a game I love, but for now, I no longer love the game and don't want to play it. Period.

If you enjoy the Labyrinth, kuddos, I'm happy you do (especially since you will need to run it on average of 300+ times to get the enchantment you need) but that doesn't mean we all share your view.

3) This doesn't fix the problems of doing it again with a new character not currently in Merciless. My (would be future culler) is level 11. I already bought all her gear but I will never, EVER do the Lab 3 times with her. She might as well not exist to me now, as the mere thought of doing it 3 times with her makes me unable to want to play her.

4) The enchant system is still in place and still broken; the odds of me getting a flicker strike enchant are roughly 0.28%. I will never, EVER do the shitty Lab 300+ times to get the enchant I want.

5) Crit Multi change is still implemented in a horrible way; as an example, I have a near perfect Abyssus helm. It's worth about 0.5 exalted. It would cost me about 10-20 exalted (20-40 divines) to get the new rolls to be equal to my current. For all intents and purposes, my helm is bricked. This is REVERSE legacy; the NEW drops are now better than the old. Why? What did that fix? To make it easier for the ridiculously casual to understand the math? You nerfed everyone in standards items for that and made it so we can get the exact same value out of our uniques if we spend a ton of currency divining them? ROFL wtf? And if you have mirrored/corrupt/legacy I guess you get to eat a dick.

If you just nerfed all crit multi across the board, we would at least not have divine our items and it would be for a purpose (crit multi is too strong, now it's not as strong). Instead, many items CAN be just as good (Abyssus, Shadows and Dust, etc) but you're making us waste currency to get our value back. Unacceptable. I already have near perfect rolled items, I shouldn't have to roll them again.

To anyone who says I just suck at the game, am QQ'ing, am wrong because Lab is fun, etc., you are entitled to your opinion. But so am I, and for me this patch ruined the game, and I no longer want to play it, and I demand better. So, on that note, on to solutions:

Solution 1: Give us full ascendancy from Act 4 quests. I don't want to do Lab, and shouldn't have to. Never before was the new content so mandatory. You can even leave your terrible enchant system in place for a reward for people who DO enjoy the Lab, and let us who don't wanna grind it deal with having to forgo GG enchants or pay 50-100 exalts for the perfect enchanted item. This is adequate cause for people who enjoy lab to play it, while letting those of us who don't like it to skip it.

Solution 2 (crit multi). Just nerf it all across the board or manually scale the new value for us so we don't have to waste our currency to do so. My Abyssus, for example, while formerly near perfect is now worse than that ABSOLUTE worst possible crit roll... it isn't my fault or responsibility to fix your issues. Do that for me if you feel the need to change it, as I knew full well how the crit multi worked and didn't need you to nerf my item to make it simpler for me. Could I just buy a new near perfect Abyssus for like an exalt? Yes, but I shouldn't have to. I ALREADY DID.

To my fellow Exiles, I plead, please don't settle for mediocre changes and demand to have the game fixed. I know they track the amount of players online among other stats, and the best way to make change is to quit playing until they make this right.

There are many cool things about this expansion; the Ascendancy tree, for example, is very cool. But they put it behind a brick wall of tedium and frustration, and I will not play their game.

I fully expect this post to fall on deaf ears, but I had to try.

See you all in Heroes of the Storm until some serious changes are made.
Last edited by Vaalamity on Mar 7, 2016, 4:57:46 AM
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2016, 1:39:12 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You aren't forced to do anything.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
they just implemented new challenges, that's what players heavily demanded.

"the endless grind" is just another name for "path of exile".

so they force you to use currency to update your stats on unique items? minor to other games with item degradation having you constantly spend currency on your items.

poe has ever been a hardcore game, the new challenges just made the hardcore aspect more clear.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 7, 2016, 5:09:39 AM
Just whirling blades trough the lab. <10 mins cleartime is really possible.
path of exile expert
[Removed by Support]

If you don't like the labyrinth, just don't do it, easy as this.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Mar 15, 2016, 2:26:15 PM
You know, you can run the labyrinth whole day if you enjoy it so much. Nothing stops you. If GGG decides to give us ascendancy points from completion of a difficulty(unlikely because it seems they want to shove this content down our throats no matter what) this wont change anything for you. So please if you are a labyrinth fan stay quiet and.......enjoy?
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You know, you can run the labyrinth whole day if you enjoy it so much. Nothing stops you. If GGG decides to give us ascendancy points from completion of a difficulty(unlikely because it seems they want to shove this content down our throats no matter what) this wont change anything for you. So please if you are a labyrinth fan stay quiet and.......enjoy?
So constructive feedback that doesn't agree with the OP shouldn't be posted? I had no idea the feedback forum was only intended to address complaints.

Really, you can still do all the content if you want to without completing the lab even once.
path of exile expert
"
[Removed by Support]

I would love to go back to maps but the thing is, they put the new skill tree behind the Lab.

And, contrary to your [Removed by Support] belief, I could complete it; probably easily in a few hours... but I don't WANT to. Games are about fun. Maybe you missed that point somewhere; I don't WANT to run Lab several times on every new character; I don't WANT to do it at all.

Is it really so hard to believe that some people absolutely hate the Lab and find it incredibly unfun? It isn't about ability... I could equip move speed items and leap slam and run through the damn thing... but would I enjoy it? No... it's not fun, and I shouldn't have to do it.

"
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
So constructive feedback that doesn't agree with the OP shouldn't be posted? I had no idea the feedback forum was only intended to address complaints.

Really, you can still do all the content if you want to without completing the lab even once.

CAN do all the content is technically true; but let's face it, the Lab is mandatory. Ignoring the most OP 6 skill points ins't an option. Much like I technically don't need to eat food; I would die, yes, but that's a side effect of the choice. I don't need to run lab even once, but the side effect is my character is now a gimped POS.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Mar 15, 2016, 2:27:44 PM
"
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

What feedback? According to the labyrinth supporters the place is perfect as it is, only the crashes should be fixed.

Giving us the ascendancy points from somewhere else will stop a lot of the QQ without ruining your fun.

See how everyone wins?
"
Vaalamity wrote:
"
[Removed by Support]

I would love to go back to maps but the thing is, they put the new skill tree behind the Lab.

And, contrary to [Removed by Support], I could complete it; probably easily in a few hours... but I don't WANT to. Games are about fun. Maybe you missed that point somewhere; I don't WANT to run Lab several times on every new character; I don't WANT to do it at all.

Is it really so hard to believe that some people absolutely hate the Lab and find it incredibly unfun? It isn't about ability... I could equip move speed items and leap slam and run through the damn thing... but would I enjoy it? No... it's not fun, and I shouldn't have to do it.

Also, no one had any comments about the Crit Multi change... I assume that's because you can't just say you enjoy it and I should to.

Go sit and spin and do more Lab. GTFO.
If you don't want to do the lab, then don't?
path of exile expert
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Mar 15, 2016, 2:28:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info