2.2 [Inquisitor] Incinerate is viable again! RF Incinerate, Tanky, -EZ Atziri W/ Video

Added merciless lab run video. Will try uber when i get my hands on a hope, but blew all my currency for 600-something fusings and still didn't get 6l on my splendour :'(
Hey guys,
I'm glad that some RF Incinerators are still here. I would love to play my again, so I re-rolled from Icestorm. I just did the tree, but I saw my dps are pretty low - 14k =(
I may wrong gone to Anger + Iron Will Gem, I still need to do the Ascendancy (btw - I know I need do it once, but have I go Merciless or just Normal? ).
In 2.0, I was running Blood Rage for the extra Frenzy Charges (4% phys DoT vs 88% = ~0,5%), so can have nice boots. Also, I was use Alpha Howl + Iron Reflex with Grace:
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:
on August 24, 2015 4:32 PM
Not finished yet, but aleady 90% phy reduction (76/77 maps).
Extra +10 to respect for Fortify =]
Defence

Here my current gear and tree:

In weekend I'm going to take a Inquisitor nodes and get Sulphur and Silver flasks (Onslaught yea!)
Mayby Im not now straving from mana leak, but I'm pretty sure I will can drop the Eleron ring to Emberwake perhaps?

But therefore, cannot use Elemental Focus, so may Iron Will stay.
Also, I really like to have a Warlord Mark on my CWDT, so I guyess I will need +1 curse for flammability (extra ignite chance to even more combo with Eberwake?)
Overall, need do some math, are "always" better is to take %more, or sometimes the +flat values (f.e. Anger or Empower). Missing times with 100% more stage and Spell Echo...

@Edit: what you think about this?

The bonus from Repentance are twice higher upon ~450str but no require so much int and gives projectile speed and chance for knockback...
Last edited by _Aldheart_ on Apr 22, 2016, 5:27:58 AM
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm glad that some RF Incinerators are still here. I would love to play my again, so I re-rolled from Icestorm. I just did the tree, but I saw my dps are pretty low - 14k =(
I may wrong gone to Anger + Iron Will Gem, I still need to do the Ascendancy (btw - I know I need do it once, but have I go Merciless or just Normal? ).
In 2.0, I was running Blood Rage for the extra Frenzy Charges (4% phys DoT vs 88% = ~0,5%), so can have nice boots. Also, I was use Alpha Howl + Iron Reflex with Grace:
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:
on August 24, 2015 4:32 PM
Not finished yet, but aleady 90% phy reduction (76/77 maps).
Extra +10 to respect for Fortify =]
Defence

Here my current gear and tree:

In weekend I'm going to take a Inquisitor nodes and get Sulphur and Silver flasks (Onslaught yea!)
Mayby Im not now straving from mana leak, but I'm pretty sure I will can drop the Eleron ring to Emberwake perhaps?

But therefore, cannot use Elemental Focus, so may Iron Will stay.
Also, I really like to have a Warlord Mark on my CWDT, so I guyess I will need +1 curse for flammability (extra ignite chance to even more combo with Eberwake?)
Overall, need do some math, are "always" better is to take %more, or sometimes the +flat values (f.e. Anger or Empower). Missing times with 100% more stage and Spell Echo...

@Edit: what you think about this?

The bonus from Repentance are twice higher upon ~450str but no require so much int and gives projectile speed and chance for knockback...

Hey there, glad you wanna try it out!

At a first glimpse, i see 2 ways to improve your dps.
1st - drop iron will and get controlled destruction(CD will almost always give more damage)
2nd - get a weapon with added ele damage to spells. Doryani is a nice cheap starting weapon, but should be upgraded to a well rolled rare if you're looking to improve your dps. Either get a wand or a dagger, if you get a wand make sure to get one with some projectile speed, offscreen incinerate feels really satisfying. And if you get a dagger just yolo whirling blades to improve clearspeed.

Also another obvious way to greatly increase your damage is getting a 6l. i'd even recommend you to try out tabula if you have ~5k hp without belly.

I considered going for winds of change, mediocre life, nice proj speed and some damage, definitely worth trying if you can cap your res w/o your gloves. Repentance would be a bigger upgrade tho.

About anger, i think its well worth running, but you might wanna go flammabilty on blasphemy + AA for more balanced setup. Even if not consider using flammability instead of WM, and switch to life leech gem for hard content(mostly because during maps you wont need that leech, so swap it when you try a rippy map, or uber atziri etc.)

About emberwake, i don't think its worth using it over elemental focus unless you do the Taming combo, and i also dont think thats possible without BM. Another heads up about mana; when you get a 6l, or swap your iron will with a support that has mana multiplier, it won't be possible sustaining the manacost, not with your current jewellery at least.
Yea, I know I need 6L Belly, but currently Im out of Fussing and Chromatics (tried color to 3x blue...). I've picked the Iron Reflex, so now with Alpha's Howl and Grace got 21k armour (~72% at T11/78lv maps), plus basic 0,6% hp leech and extra 2% life/mana from Warlord's Mark makes me really tanky and less mana hungry; even with Vulnerability mod wasn't so harmful, but takes time. I think for now the main points are:
- change Iron Will to Controlled Destruction (damnt colors!),
- get Winds of Change,
- fuse Belly to 6L OR get a 6L Astral Plate.
- wait for end of Perandus League (still hope to get Shavronne's Wrappings or Voltaxic Rift from Cadiro =))

Definitely, trade WM to Flammability is fair, specially for mapping. Boosting dps will allow to drop some defences, so may even get double curse. Emberwake might be good for me at the moment due to my tanky character, because burning stacks will grant "DoT" in a bit of time. With high dps it wont be so useful - especially when need stack a +ignite modifiers... You said that nice combo would be with The Taming, but you sure that each ignite on enemy will stack toward increasing damage? That could be an option...
Doriani's are quite nice for start with - 0,2% leech and 100% inc elemental damage. I will look for nice scepter with +fire to spells, I don't like dagger, due to limits of Whirling Blades (obstacles...)

Till end of league I will focus to my Bladefall Hierophant (phy/chaos + 40% MoM), and then try figure more optimal build/gear for my Inquisitor =)
Hey, nice guide, i play a similar incinerate build, at the moment without rf. I thought about it, and the only possibility for me is, to sacrifice flammability(with blasphemy ofc) for purity of fire. My tooltip dps goes up from 21k to around 33k with rf instead of flammability, the question for me is, is it worth it?
Right now, i play dual curse with warlords mark+flammability, and i cant play without wm, because i refuse to use elreon rings/amulets and i need it to sustain endurance charges and leech in general.
So what should i do, wm+flammability without rf, or wm+purity of fire+rf?

Edit: In your original post, you said we need 12% hp regen to sustain rf. You also said its easy to get from the tree. Well, iam sitting at around 5k life at the moment, so if my math is right, i need about 600 life regen to sustain rf. Right now, without shaper and the marauder starting node, i have 380 life regen with every node in the marauder and templar area picked. Even with these two, i cant reach 600. There is also no way for me to go for master of the arena, to far away.
Last edited by traax87 on Apr 29, 2016, 7:24:27 PM
"
traax87 wrote:
Hey, nice guide, i play a similar incinerate build, at the moment without rf. I thought about it, and the only possibility for me is, to sacrifice flammability(with blasphemy ofc) for purity of fire. My tooltip dps goes up from 21k to around 33k with rf instead of flammability, the question for me is, is it worth it?
Right now, i play dual curse with warlords mark+flammability, and i cant play without wm, because i refuse to use elreon rings/amulets and i need it to sustain endurance charges and leech in general.
So what should i do, wm+flammability without rf, or wm+purity of fire+rf?

Edit: In your original post, you said we need 12% hp regen to sustain rf. You also said its easy to get from the tree. Well, iam sitting at around 5k life at the moment, so if my math is right, i need about 600 life regen to sustain rf. Right now, without shaper and the marauder starting node, i have 380 life regen with every node in the marauder and templar area picked. Even with these two, i cant reach 600. There is also no way for me to go for master of the arena, to far away.

Since you run incin on mana, i guess you don't have any other auras than wm + flam blasphemy. Switching to elreon rings can open up an aura slot for you(105% mana reserved with 3 35% auras, can sustain incin/other skills using enlighten or 1 aura cluster). If you absolutely hate elreon stuff, sacrificing rf for flammability is while still a very nice dps boost(difference is around 15% more), might not be good enough to give up on all your regen. About sustaining rf, its really hard without the 1.6% node around the duelist area. And did you get 1% max fire res node? its also a huge boost. Marauder regen nodes are also very nice. If you still can't sustain it, i suggest switching your boots to blood dance.
Last edited by OgiMagi on May 3, 2016, 9:52:07 AM
Thx for your reply, i have one more question, is rf only a buff for incinerate, or is it also a viable damage source?
Btw, yes i have barbarism, and iam using wm+flam+blood magic clarity. In terms of elreon, i would use good elreon jewelry, i just cant pay them. I need dex+life+some res from them, thats not sustainable for me.
"
traax87 wrote:
Thx for your reply, i have one more question, is rf only a buff for incinerate, or is it also a viable damage source?
Btw, yes i have barbarism, and iam using wm+flam+blood magic clarity. In terms of elreon, i would use good elreon jewelry, i just cant pay them. I need dex+life+some res from them, thats not sustainable for me.

RF is a general spell damage buff, so it can boost any spell's damage. But it requires you to build your tree around sustaining it, so its a personal choice mostly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info