Labyrinth(tested with a 40 lvl HC character) feedback

I haven't faced him yet and will probably face him some time when I get to act 4 normal.
From what I am reading, yeah, I think him and the traps are overtuned.
I don't mind it being hard, but shouldn't it slowly scale?

I mean it should be slightly easier in normal, a bit harder in cruel, and as hard as it is now in merciless or something. It doesn't make much sense for it to be so punishing in normal.
The labyrinth is wayyyyy to long and trap damage is way to high.Pretty much the whole experience sucked.As the labyrinth currently works its a comeplete failure sure some people will disagree.
I'll try my best at an objective opinion aswell.

I had the first (blind) encouter with him on merciless with my lvl 90 duelist, which is running a very tanky lioneye themed bow spec. Similar to Astas Lioneyes archer that was BotW a few months prior.

30k armor - 5.8k Hp. On merciless he hits like a truck. His physical crescent moon shaped range attacks put me down by 33% of my total Life. His leap slam is much worse - does around 50% of my life as damage. The worst thing is, many things happen in very fast succession ending up me eating two attacks in a row.

I lost count how many times I had a near death.
But this is not even the worst problem. I find him just very hard to read.
The visual effects are over the top in this boss fight. Considering I also have to watch where I go and struggle to find enough mobs to fill up my potions, it really does NOT help that I can't see shit in this disco fight.

Also, It is clear that GGG's most recent boss fights are being more and more fast paced.
Which is a good thing! Dodging Cole, Piety or even Dominus/Malachai is a cake walk to some of the stuff we have seen in Talisman/Ascendancy. Ideal would be to bring them all together, make the old ones faster and town down Izaro a bit so that he is easier to read.

Otherwise I am totally fine with all the new conent. Great addtions.
Just that I also support completing the Lab in merciless should give you all Points at once.

EDIT:I see a lot of people complain about trap damage. Hear me out guys, except for the boss fights you can SKIP all traps. Teleportation skills like Blink arrow/Light Warp allow you to jump over all traps I have see up to now.
Meta-game holds no value - Play with what you like!
Last edited by Ycan on Mar 5, 2016, 9:00:05 PM
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
1. Either lower up the damage of traps or bring the area level to 45-50 to match the difficulty of the labyrinth with the monster difficulty, so you can actually progress through labyrinth and get exp/loot instead of just running it on level 55 and be bored to death.

Traps deal a % damage. So the more overleveled you are, the stronger they will be compared to the mobs. I do not think this is the problem (actually I still found them dealing too little damage on my lvl 95 Ranger on Merciless, but this is from a SC point of view, so a bit biased maybe). The only trap that is difficult at all seems to be the spike trap.

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
2. Shorten up the length of the labyrinth.

I think the length is fine. Also, it will vary a lot in perceived length from day to day.

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
3. First 2 phases of Izaro are fine, the third one is unbalanced, in my opinion.

Would agree with that.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info