[2.2] "Infernal Combustion" Crit 2H Sword Gladiator by fiqst

Added the first Infernal Blow video:

Infernal Blow Plateau
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Nice build, didn't know vagan can craft bleeding on hit. I'm doing RT 2H flicker gladiator build in PHC at the moment.
I don't get why you are doing video on mid lvl map when you are playing on standard with that kind of gear.
can urber?
HI fisq, i play a "similar build" but poison and shadow, to get assassin ascendancy crit nodes
tree curse setup... i'm trying warlord's mark but usually i have poarcher, not to generate charges but to refill flasks faster and reduce evasion

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAHcAhEDJwUtBbUGIAZwCLEJlhEvFCAUdRa_F7AY2yFgIzYj9iT9JpUshS4jLlMwcTB8NZI2PTfUOQ46Qj7PP_xAoETSR35Ki0t4TI5Nkk3jTp9QR1FHUxBVS1WFVvpYdVoaXkVfP2HiYqxlTWqMbIxvO3BSdKB07XTxdf12gnfXd-N4DXh6eWh6f3rvfyuEb4SihNmE74dqidOMNo19jb-S85OZl3mdqqLZo-ely6knqW6plLDYtMW1SLXyu569Nr3mvqfAGsEEwuzIDMgU02_UI9RC1FLYvdrB3ajkUedU6GbrY-0_7w71b_rr_o__3g==

Your build has one problem, you do not have enough accuracy , i believe the accu sword nodes would be better, and eagle eyes nodes too

because crits are rolled twice against evasion, accuracy is very important.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Going Gladiator just to get an extra explosion on kill is not worth in my oppinion.

By going Slayer instead, you would get extra leech and increased dmg for your 2-handed weapon. You could also replace the melee splash gem with something else considering you get a free one and 20% radius.

You also loose a prefix slot just for that bleed on your weapon, and crafting a good bleed weapon is very expensive and not something for new players. It is also interesting to note that infernal blow with bleeds = 50% less dmg from those bleeds.

I think the build is not safe for leveling or self found characters and it probably only works because you've got powerfull enough gear to hide its clear weaknesses and counter synergies.
Last edited by Ambrecombe on Mar 25, 2016, 8:58:23 AM
he goes gladiator to get the 25%frenzy charge on hit, it's not necessary in most cases but allow a good frenzy generation on bosses with a lot of hp.

The explosion is a secondary bonus. Anyway, the bleed part is a bit poor but doesnt hurt.

It's of course not a leveling build, he never said that it would work at lower level, also i dislike his choices and the fact that it's a bit of an elemental build when you could go poison with a much better efficiency. Hatred could be replaced by vulnerability curse, added fire by poison gem and get heavy double dip.

Plus abyssus is a freakin suicide without lightning coil but no room for lightning coil in the resistances.

I have the same dps or even more dps without abyssus, with a similar concept and poison but of course lower hp because i hate kaom's heart.

Anyway, my advantage is that i need only 50% crit chance to oneshot every packs because of assassin's ascendancy. It saves a gem slot AND a lot of nodes. Allowing another multiplier plus some boosts on poison, double dipping on vulnerability, in the end poison deals +335% of the initial strike, my initial strike is 15K with 50% crit but it's always 100% on full monsters and low hp monsters and thoses bonuses arent count'd.

without assassin's mark (that i use too with vulne) and thoses uncounted bonus,
15K *1.25 vulnerability then * 4.35 means that each strikes i do deal ATLEAST 81K over 2 seconds, it's a minimum. There is a lot of additionnals bonus uncounted.

If i put abyssus on this, it gives 40% more damage anyway...

Really, poison is the way to go, but it needs curses so it needs a ring slot to get multi curse with assassin's mark.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Mar 25, 2016, 11:58:23 AM
Hey dude my clan is asking that we all do HC this league and i wanna play Infernal Blow is there a way using Slayer for the leech bonus' and just general tankiness included that this would be remotely HC viable? Also with slayer tree you could potentially run a 5L minus splash yea?

Thanks love the idea
"
Bustin_Gaming wrote:
Hey dude my clan is asking that we all do HC this league and i wanna play Infernal Blow is there a way using Slayer for the leech bonus' and just general tankiness included that this would be remotely HC viable? Also with slayer tree you could potentially run a 5L minus splash yea?

Thanks love the idea

Hi mate, thanks for checking out the build.

I took a break right after making this build so i didn't get to fully flesh out this build to its fullest potential.

I have been looking closely at the new improved Slayer class for 2.3 and the elements are perfect:

Reflect management, 20% cull on bosses, overkill leech, 40% aoe.

The idea of 30% enemy life damage to surrounding enemies plus 20% cull technically lowers mob life by 50% and would make quick work of groups.

The culling effect nullifies the overkill leech but the damage of a crit 2h sword should bypass the cull threshold a lot of the time.

Impact plus 40% aoe could be great.

For HC, drop the shadow nodes for life and you should reach 7k life.

5L would be:

IB
MPD
FA
Multistrike
Critical strikes

With 50% reduced phys reflect, you can rush content without fear.

I wish you luck :)
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jun 3, 2016, 10:37:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info