Why labyrinth is bad

Aside from it being a boring dead end map that yeilds no experience, ggg messed up on the balance. There are now things in the game that players have no access to.

Why are traps untargetable, yet can deal damage to me, but not other mobs? It really makes no sense. Bad design.

If you guys were trying to be annoying like the waku map boss, grats. Pissing off your players with annoying content only makes them spend $25 on something else.
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2016, 3:03:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Why are traps untargetable, yet can deal damage to me, but not other mobs?

Traps definitely damage mobs. Unless they changed that from the most recent alpha build.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
I watch mobs stand in the fire pit taking no damage, the same damage that drains my 4k+ hp and they are normal mobs. I got more fire res than a lvl 16 skel btw.

Oh, dude. They're fire skeletons. Of course they're not taking damage. They're part of the trap. Kill the generator.

Watch a normal mob wander idiotically into a spike trap and it'll most likely die.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
and,
No offense, but have you actually done it yet? Resist = immune? Then why does my flame golem kill them before my flame totem?
No offence taken, not everyone knows what 'alpha member' means. I've been testing the Labyrinth for a while now. Maybe a week. On and off.

I don't know why your golem is killing them before your totem. All I know is that the skeletons in the fire trap are immune to the floor damage because if they weren't, it'd be sort of silly putting them in as part of the trap, wouldn't it? Just wait for the heat to fade away and kill them. That's how you deal with that trap, by and large.

I doubt they're immune to all fire, however. That'd be annoying as hell for fire-based players!

And I know that normal mobs are definitely damaged by traps. I always got a laugh out of watching them stumble into poison dart paths.

Currently playing on:
and,
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 5, 2016, 2:10:55 AM
Although you have been rude to me elsewhere, I did some legwork for you.

https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/trials

Scroll down to the second last trial.

"Furnace Traps are areas of the ground that heat up and cool down on a cycle. When they are cooled down, you have a short amount of time to step on them before the incineration begins. Some monsters are able to walk on the Furnace unharmed."

You're welcome.

Currently playing on:
and,
Ive done it 3 times on trapper and once on scion srs.

Your confirming my orig point. Lvl 16 mobs immune, lvl 90 player with 200% fire res not
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Why are traps untargetable, yet can deal damage to me, but not other mobs?

You didn't specify which traps and which mobs. Almost all mobs are susceptible to all trap damage. Don't blame me if you didn't do your reading beforehand. It's right there in black and white. Quoted from the official Ascendancy page. The enemies that aren't damaged by the Furnace are a special case.

It has nothing to do with immunity or resistance. They just aren't affected by that particular trap. They still die to fire damage otherwise.

BTW your level is irrelevant. Trap damage is percentile.
Currently playing on:
and,
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 5, 2016, 2:33:24 AM
labyrinth is good.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info