You must be kidding...

I dont disagree that the Lab is boring, so heres a tip.

The game didnt have ascendancy originally so you dont need it to progress. Just level up to 60-70, go back to normal and cruel, sprint your way to Izaro get your points. Level up to 80, make sure you have about 5000 hp Life/ES. Do merciless lab, wont be quite as easy but its not terribly difficult.

While the lab is boring and i agree something needs to change with it, dont ever bother doing the side crap and just sprint through it as fast as you can to get your points.

Doing it this way makes each lab run 10-15 minutes tops. That is if you survive 1-shot instance crash. :)
If in Labyrinth would be free of traps and keys and levers and all those slowing down things, it would be ok. But with those things its ****.
"
Rexeos wrote:
If in Labyrinth would be free of traps and keys and levers and all those slowing down things, it would be ok. But with those things its ****.

So if it were just Act 4.5, you're saying? Why even bother then.
"We're pilgrims in an unholy land."
"
Rexeos wrote:

Thank you for posting your opinion on the labyrinth. I've added your name to the list, Over 270 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 640 posters in support. You're number 647 on the list. This assumes that "****" means something like "shit" rather than something like "love". If it was the later then a clarification or a request from you and I'll happily remove your name from the list.
______

Please note that this thread is, I believe, the very FIRST thread about labyrinth here in the Feedback and Suggestions forum. This makes this thread extra meaningful, holy, and exciting as PoE history is being made!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Nenjin wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

So if it were just Act 4.5, you're saying? Why even bother then.

I dont get what you mean Why bother than. That patch was called Ascendancy, its not Act as it has no or limited impact on story (imho). But almost all players play it to get more powerful character, not for fun.

Traps, levers and keys are good only to slow you down or am I missing something there? It was fun twice, third time it started to be pain.

1) To advance you are only pressing lever or picking up key. Nothing special is on picking up keys or pushing levers - you only click on it and nothing happens. Zero.
2) Once you get fast movement spell, you jump over whole level not even killing mobs. I really doubt that somebody is enjoying those traps and is not using movement spells. We are using movement spells to SKIP traps.
3) For some builds traps are easy and for another hard, but Ascendancy point are good for each character equally.
4) Traps on some builds almost do no damage, other are dead in one or two missteps.

Shaper can work without traps, Artizi can work without it too, but only Izaro is hidden behind clicking on levers and picking up keys. Traps are lame, its good idea on paper, but it doesnt work as fun part of game, especially if you are lvling x characters. And when lvled up, you just skip to trials.

Like OP wrote, its slow; you have to stay there for huge amount of time. Those Ascendancy points are very good and therefore everybody goes there. Few people hunt for enchantments. But get tired sooner or later. But nobody goes there for fun, only to be more powerful character to have fun later on map table! ..to be able to do higher lvl maps and Artizi and Shaper etc. With Artizi or Shaper there is fun. Izaro is quite ok, but you have to kill him in proper time after 3 buff things comes from the ground - another slowing down process. To get to Izaro is pain if leveling, and time consuming if leveled up already.

Its called Labyrinth but in fact there is no labyrinth. Only traps, keys and levers. Zero labyrinth. Only because you dont know where is exit to next level it doesnt mean its labyrint, you simple search for exit or key like in normal Act.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 23, 2016, 6:50:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info