[2.2] Theory Gladiator Bleed Reaver/Vacuum Cycloner (Revised)

Update
Spoiler
The tree has been reworked a little, and there is now a reave and cyclone version of the build.

Hello!

I just wanted to bring this build idea to the forums to get any and all feedback from the community. This is my first self created build idea since I have been playing PoE (a few years on and off). Every other build I have thought about making has already been done in some way, shape or form. I have always been drawn towards the DoT mechanics of bleed and poison, and interested in making a viable duelist build since they tend to be the weakest link in most cases. With the introduction of the Gladiator class coming with Ascendancy, I feel that bleed could finally start to have a place with some of the other builds out there.

The build uses the new unique Rive Terror Claw to apply bleed on every hit.

Ascending to the Gladiator class we pick up Gratuitous Violence to have bleeding enemies explode on death, along with Blood in the Eyes and Outmach and Outlast. The main skills could be either reave or vacuum cyclone.

Vacuum Cyclone Version - Idea from Grzybas2
Spoiler
This version uses cyclone with the empire's grasp gloves for reverse knockback. With this, we can vacuum up the mobs and keep moving. What this does is with bleed, if an enemy is moving while bleeding, they get 60% of the initial hit as damage over time. This could be used with a shield or dual wield. The dual wield tree is in the reave section.

Cyclone will be used with knockback, faster attacks, melee phys, inc aoe and rapid decay. For single targets we could use whirling blades to apply bleed, and then switch out knockback and inc aoe for bloodlust and conc effect. Faster attacks could also be switched out for poison for more dot damage.

Tree

Reave Version
Spoiler
For this setup we will use either two rive claws, or a soultaker for our offhand to deal with mana. I am not sure if the increased dot from having more dex from the rive will double with having two of them, will test this out when the character is leveled.

Reave will be used with faster attacks, multistrike, melee phys and rapid decay. The sixth link could either be poison or blood lust, but blood lust would need an alternate way to apply bleed.

Tree
Last edited by phaulk21 on Mar 22, 2016, 6:56:55 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2016, 12:46:18 AM
update link please
Sorry about that, the link has been updated.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
The build has been revised, changed the mechanics to hopefully be more viable
Had the same idea when i was planning a Reave character. Though i'd go with Bino's instead for Regen and Adder's Touch. Reave hits often enough to apply Bleed anyhow imo.

One big drawback i realized when ascending was the explosion damage.

It's 10% of max life as physical and not 20% like poedb and Offline Skill Planner say.
Which is a huge bummer, if i'd have known that i would've just leveled the Reave Ranger i planned out. :/

Also, Soul Taker is a real good Reave Offhand. They're like 1-1.2 Exalt right now. Relentless Fury works really well too though.
Has anyone else tried this? I did some reading about the mechanics and it sounds good and fun.
So few things that i noticed on the tree :
1. if you go claw + X weapon , you dont want any weapon specific nodes on the tree
2. if you go Rive you should avoid any "chance to bleed on hit" nodes cause you already have 100% chance to bleed
3. your life is super low even for softcore character

I was thinking about using this claw with gladiator and what i wanted to try is Cyclone Vacuum with this claw. So you have to use Empire's Grasp gloves to drag the mobs behind you while you cyclone and those mobs bleed out cause they count as moving so +50% bleed dmg. On top of that mobs explode from gladiators talents. For single target i would suggest swaping Bloodlust support gem and using something like Whirlingblades to apply bleed + fortify and then you kill bleeding boss with insane dmg.

Moreover Vulnerabity + Blasphemy is a must imho - it increases initial hit which makes bleed stronger and then it increases phys dmg taken and dot dmg taken on mobs , so your bleed benefits from both of those - must have.

have you started build already ? how is it so far ?
"
Grzybas2 wrote:
So few things that i noticed on the tree :
1. if you go claw + X weapon , you dont want any weapon specific nodes on the tree
2. if you go Rive you should avoid any "chance to bleed on hit" nodes cause you already have 100% chance to bleed
3. your life is super low even for softcore character

I was thinking about using this claw with gladiator and what i wanted to try is Cyclone Vacuum with this claw. So you have to use Empire's Grasp gloves to drag the mobs behind you while you cyclone and those mobs bleed out cause they count as moving so +50% bleed dmg. On top of that mobs explode from gladiators talents. For single target i would suggest swaping Bloodlust support gem and using something like Whirlingblades to apply bleed + fortify and then you kill bleeding boss with insane dmg.

Moreover Vulnerabity + Blasphemy is a must imho - it increases initial hit which makes bleed stronger and then it increases phys dmg taken and dot dmg taken on mobs , so your bleed benefits from both of those - must have.

have you started build already ? how is it so far ?

So I havn't gotten very far with this build, I have been sidetracked with other builds. I intended to make this a reave character, but I currently have been playing a vacuum, and like you said, I was thinking that this would work well as a vacuum character also. I know the life is pretty low, I took all of the life in the duelist/ranger part of the tree that there was, and i changed the tree around and its now at about 160% increased life, and I'm hoping that vaal pact and life leech/dodge chance will help keep the character alive. I was thinking to use a soultaker offhand,(for reave, or maybe even cyclone), which would free up mana for blasphemy with vulnerability and enfeeble/temp chains. Or even another rive if the increased dot from dex doubles with having two, and for mana we could just take some mana leech from the tree. We could also take out the poison gem since there is a 25% chance to poison from the tree. I have updated the tree with a little more crit, if you have any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! I have not forgot about this build, just havn't got around to working on it yet.

Last edited by phaulk21 on Mar 22, 2016, 7:03:42 PM
Did you have a chance to continue trying out this build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info