[2.2] 2H phys. Axe Spectral Throw theorycrafting [SC]

Hey,

so Spectral Throw got a 20% Buff according to the released patch notes and since i haven't really decided what to play in the new ascendancy leagues yet, i thought i play around with it for a bit.

I play softcore, which means i don't mind dying, and this is why this build is gonna be mainly focused on offence (not entirely neclecting defence, but you know .. probably not HC viable ;) )

I've chosen the Gladiator as my Ascendancy class.

Here is my passiv tree.

I dont know if i should pick up Thick Skin, an additional jewel spot, Graceful Assault or move all the way into the ranger to pick up another frenzy charge/Herbalism/Jewel Spot, pls halp!

Damage

The idea is to pick up as much
Two Handed Meele Weapon/Axe,
Physical Damage,
Projectile Damage and
Attack Speed nodes
as possible along with some convenient Health nodes on the way.

In total this would be:
Spoiler

265% increased Physical Damage with Axes
216% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons

26% increased Physical Damage with Attacks
20% increased Physical Damage

50% increased Projectile Damage

36% increased Attack Speed
26% increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons
15% increased Attack Speed with Axes

110% increased maximum Life

This way Spectral Throw is (hopefully) gonna do insane physical damage on impact.
With the Gratuitous Violence Keystone provided by the Gladiator Ascendancy class the 5 Spectral Throw projectiles (with GMP) each have a 25% chance of applying bleed on hit (which means bleed is pretty likely to be applied on certain mobs in a pack) and since the bleed damage "is based on the physical damage of the hit that caused it" the bleed is gonna do a huge chunk of damage as well (further modified by Dirty Techniques and Bloodletting).
Damage against bleeding Enemies is also modified (Blood in the Eyes and so on..) and bleeding enemies that get killed explode and deal physical area of effect damage, which should result in some pretty decent pack clear speed.

So the damage gets further modified by:

Spoiler

25% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit with Attacks

60% increased Damage against Bleeding Enemies
25% increased Attack Damage against Bleeding Enemies
Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 20% of their Maximum Life as Physical Damage
6% reduced Damage taken from Bleeding Enemies
30% chance to Maim on Hit against Bleeding Enemies

75% increased Physical Damage over Time
70% increased Damage over Time

20% increased Skill Effect Duration
25% chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies
Hits deal 20% increased Damage against Enemies that are on Low Life

9,2k DPS per projectile on cheap a 5L with Lv. 15 Gems and no gear!

(Edit: the wiki wasnt up to date on ST the first time i calculated this, so its even more da

So i put in the values of a mid-rolled 5L-Hezmana's, Lv. 15 zero Quality Gems (Skill/Support/Auras (except HoA)/Blood Rage) and 5 Frenzy Charges into the Attack DPS Calculator (http://www.poesp.com/tools/attackdps/) and it calculated 9,2k DPS per Projectile (and we have 5 of those :D). It's already 6,8k DPS per Projectile on a 4-Link.
Keep in mind that these are not 20% Quality - Lv. 20 Gems, no gear except a decent Axe and no further damage modifikation, like Flame Golem, HoA, Bleed damage, modified damage against bleeding enemies was taken into consideration, so i think there is some potential here :D

Defences

The build also picks up Unwavering Stance since getting stunned by rhoas sucks
Resolute Technique since missing sucks/the build isn't utilising crit anyways and
Blood Magic to sustain pesky mana cost until i am able to pick up Hezmana's Bloodlust, which provides Blood Magic to attacks (like ST) and i can use the mana for auras like Herald of Ash and Hatred.

You can also just spec into Spirit Void, which would probably suffice the mana sustain.

Frenzy Charges and Leech

It recently came to my mind that i can use Blood Rage pretty well, since i have so much leech. I probably won't be getting vaal pact since that is so far away on the tree, guess i have to see if i leech fast enough.
Together with the Outmatch and Outlast Keystone the builds gonna have a 50% chance of getting a frenzy charge on kill.

Spoiler

1,6% of Life Regenerated per second

1,6% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
1,6% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
98% increased Life Leeched per second

+5% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate
Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You

+4 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill with Main Hand
(Two Handed Weapons are considered Main Hand)
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Kill with Off Hand
+ 25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge in Kill from Blood Rage

I've been thinking about maybe choosing Painforged instead of Outmatch and Outlast, depending on how easy/fast i'll be getting the frenzy charges.

In total this build has 5 Frenzy Charges, 6 if you choose to get the one in the Ranger Tree.

Gear

AXE IS AXE

So i am planning on using the Hezmana's Bloodlust Unique Two Handed Axe for this build.

Should be relativly cheap and easy to get, so a good Axe to start things off. Axe is slower than Grandma tho which is a bummer, but oh well...

Next step should be a really nice 2H Rare Axe with some good Attack Speed (Void Axe is probably the best base), flat phys and %phys/hybrid roll
For the 2 remaining suffixes i guess stats and resists are not to bad

Also if you're somehow the king of currency you can use Atziri's Disfavour.
This Axe makes every build op-

Helmet

If you wanna go completly nuts grab an Abyssus :p
If you wanna be a bit on the safer side Devoto's Devotion is super nice or just some good rare helmet.

Boots

I don't like Blood Dance Shoes since Attack Speed is super important, but i'll give it a try i guess, update on how bad they were later on
Best unique boots are probably Darkray Vectors, but Atziri's Step are nice as well.
You can also grab Brinerot Whalers for even more damage ;)

Chest

Belly of the Beast, Lightning Coil, Daresso's Defiance all good, yeee

Gloves

Rare Gloves with high Attack Speed is the only way to go i think ..

-adding jewellery later-

As single target im debating on whether to use Frenzy, Heavy Strike or Puncture (which would be funny, but probably not very good ;) )

Gem Links

AoE:
4-Link: ST - GMP - FA - add. Fire
5-Link: ST - GMP - FA - phys. Proj. Dmg - add. Fire
6-Link: ST - GMP - FA - phys. Proj. Dmg - add. Fire - faster Proj.? - Iron Grip? i dunnoo...
Single Target:
Heavy Strike - meele phys. - add. Fire - Multistrike - FA
Movement:
Leapslam - Fortify - FA
Auras:
Herald of Ash - Hatred - (maybe Enlighten and something else)
CWDT Setup:
CWDT - inc. AoE - Vuln./Temp.Chains or Enfeeble
Also put Flame Golem and Blood Rage somewhere in there-

Bandits:
Normal: Oak (40 Life)
Cruel: Oak or Kraityn (phys. Dmg or Atk Speed, prob. atk speed.)
Merciless: Kraityn (+1 Frenzy)

So tell me what you think, pretty decent or dumpster build? :D
What can i improve?

Changelog:
4. March 2016: reworked for better readability and added some stuff
4. March 2016: added DPS calculation
Last edited by Reedon on Mar 4, 2016, 1:12:52 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2016, 7:44:09 PM
Hi Reedon,

How is the build working out? The tree you linked is outdated and doesn't load, do you have an updated version?

Thanks!

Don
Hey Don,

sorry for the super late reply, i dropped the build at lvl 60, because it was very hard for me to get a hezmana's the first days (they where super expensive (like 1 ex) and already sold too ..)
So i rerolled a pizza blast character which i played up to maps and i even dropped a nicely rolled hezmana's (which you can get at 5c now which is nice), so i'll be picking up the build very soon again.

I don't have much time to play tomorrow, but i will be updating the build for sure! it needed some change anyways
Last edited by Reedon on Mar 9, 2016, 7:45:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info