[2.2] Elementalist Crit Elemental hit wand Build guide

Edit: After doing some number crunching i came to the conclusion that this Build works better when used by a Templar with the Inquisitor ascendancy tree. I will leave the build as it is now here so other people can take inspiration from it.

Hello,

I created this build in anticipation for the upcoming update and I want to share it with all off you. It is entirely theorycrafted so keep that in mind.

First the skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAAAwMxwfOiozKJd-VX4m0ZWbzFKPZbQ1Qd2fRxHwIEBylP5CKMNohCTLO40IGv2jqxBRGWGmydrqcIDkgNfKaZUXQagdrdGyVLrtlbUDAgbrQ45Rn79Tt8D8S4yt-KwuyCHtvn0NBXye0ggpvjhG-E_xw6rdgkNsWYracrRXzy4WNDDdGlywzyFLDpApeXidNwUp7EKgumvl3yFkCFfWu3P3OfiMJzmmFzcPbnznAJoGznQkuFxd--RtexQnGFVykRUB1PNbm4kxzcjxqVIC0f7DhyD2aetMUo-uvuf8ZHBl9q8xHvS99tEzUXpJD6TIs=

As for the ascendancy nodes, we will go with Mastermind of Discord and Paragon of Calamity. The other two options are good as well but don't provide the additional damage reduction which will come in handy against reflect monsters.

Gear:

At the core of our build will be Piscator's Vigil. This wand, unlike any other wand available, possesses the highest elemental damage possible on a wand. Luckily for us, it is very cheap and widely available.

Our second core item will Aegis Aurora. It will basically make us invincible. The Increased elemental damage with weapons also applies to our wand so it is a slight DPS increase on top of it.

Our third and last core item will be Rumis Flask. Pretty straight forward. When ever you chug it, a lot of your energy shield will replenish itself.

The next item will be Shavronne's Wrapping. It is a bit more expensive but definitely worth the price. Though i suspect that the price of the item will greatly decrease in the upcoming update. If you don't have it available, a Solaris Lorica will also suffice.

The usage of either of those items allows us to skip Chaos Inoculation entirely. If you decide to use neither of those then this will be your new skill tree. Only a few points have been readjusted to accommodate CI. And 2 skill points in elemental damage have been removed.
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAAAwMxwfOiozKJd-VX4m0ZWbzFKPZbQ1Qd2fRxHwIEBylP5CKMNohCTLO40IGvGmydrqcIDXymmVF0GoHa3RslS67ZW1AwIG60OOUZ-_U7fA_EuMrfisLsgh7b59DQV8ntIIKb44RvhP8cOq3YJDbFmK2nK0V88uFjQw3RpcsM8hSwwcXpApeXidNwUp7EKgumvl3yFkCFfWu3P3OfiMJzmmFzcPbnznAJoGznQkuFxd--RtexQnGFVykRUB1PNbm4kxzcjxqVIC0f7DhyD2aetMUo-uvuRwZfavMR7BiP-isKLL_vS99tEzUXpJD6TIs=

And that's it for items. No other uniques are required. Of course you could use items like Winds of Change to boost your damage even further but you may get into trouble in terms of surivability so I don't recommend it yet.

Progression and leveling:

The way you level this build is fairly simple. We use orb of storms & Spark for leveling. It seems like the most effective way to do so. ZiggyD has made a more indepth guide for this and I highly recommend watching his video.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhgKjfG9_s

As for our skill tree, we will first move towards the left side of the tree and grab all the necessary nodes to increase our elemental damage. Please grab life nodes with you as you go as this will make our leveling process far easier. Once you got all the nodes on the left please grab the big wand wheel on top first so you can use do the switch once you hit the required level. After that make your way towards the shadow area to grab additional crit chance and elemental damage nodes. The last nodes you will pick up will be the additional elemental damage from the shadow starting area and the increased block chance.

As for your gearing progression the first item you should aim at is Aegis Aurora. After that Rumi's and Shavrone's. Till you own a shavrones, you can either use Solaris Lorica or use CI and respec the points once you own it.

Bandits:
Skill point
Attack speed or skill point
Power charge

Gems:

4 link:

For our 5l use faster attacks or pierce (pierce will receive some changes and grant 29% more damage) and 6l increased critical damage.

Our main aura for generating power charges will be Blashphemy + Assassin's mark. Use Clarity + blood magic for enough mana regeneration and add discipline and/or arctic armour for more surivability.
Also make sure that you level Elemental hit as you go so you are ready to run it once you hit the necessary level.

Flasks:
Reflect is a major concern of this build. We deal three kinds of damage so we will get into trouble once we get to a reflect monster. Our Aegis Aurora covers us against cold damage already. So we will need a topaz and ruby flask and keep them active. That leaves 2 spots open for either double Quicksilver flask for quick map clearing or one quicksilver + granite flask.

That it for my build Guide. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write a comment.

Last edited by Squary on Mar 4, 2016, 1:31:47 AM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2016, 3:02:43 PM
[Place holder]
Hi, this build looks great! I'm looking to make something similar for my first of the league, I'm having some problems choosing the Ascendancy though:

Do you feel Elementalist is better than Hierophant / Occultist (thinking about those providing more defence, which I understand is usually the limiting factor for wander builds), Or Inquisitor/Deadeye for damage?

It's my first time making a wander, so any tips are appreciated :)
what's the dps?
First let me say this, i thought Elementalist is the best option for this build. But while writing this I researched some numbers and came to the conclusion that it is not. The Inquisitor is the better Ascendancy class for what I'm going for. After posting this reply i will rework the guide to a Inquisitor build.

Here are the numbers.
Elementalist:
Throughout the tree we get 20% reduced resistances onto every enemy. Since elemental hit counts as a fire, cold and lightning attack at the same time the effect of mastermind of discord will always trigger, no matter what.

If we add up all the damage we gain from elementalist tree (given the best scenario) that leads to:
-170% more Elemental damage
-8% more Attack Speed/Cast Speed
-20% elemental penetration

In the worst case scenario the elemental damage changes to 30% and we achieve 0 % elemental damage penetration. Granted the worst case scenario is not going to happen very often but it exists.

Now the stats of the Inquisitor:

Bypassing of all elemental resistances leading to a maximum of 75% more damage on crit (also saves us going with elemental equilibrium. Even if the enemy has negative resistances, it still would be set for us to 0% making it pointless to pick up)
40% more Elemental damage
75% Critical Strike Multiplier
A pretty much guaranteed initial critical strike so we can apply an status effect

On first sight i thought the elementalist is better but after thinking about it, the Inquisitor is just way more consistent with what he does which should yield more DPS. Also going with life nodes instead of Energy shield nodes saves up points which we can invest into more block chance or more damage.

So, now to your initial question Rathke. Hierophant is tankier than Occultist. The endurance charges are just more valuable compared to the additional Energy Shield and its regen.

Now the second comparison. Inquisitor vs Deadeye. Tough call actually because going Deadeye would be an entirely different build on its own. To take proper advantage of this ascendancy tree, you'd have to go with Drillneck instead of a wand. And I'm not going to cover that since it has nothing to do with this build.

What are the bandits you're going? Kill all?
"
Squary wrote:

Bypassing of all elemental resistances leading to a maximum of 75% more damage on crit (also saves us going with elemental equilibrium. Even if the enemy has negative resistances, it still would be set for us to 0% making it pointless to pick up)

Just for the record, the maximum would be 300% more damage.
75% resists = 25% Damage
0% resists = 100% Damage
-100% resist = 200% Damage

So Setting the resistance to 0 can increase your damage up to 4 time (300% more) if the enemy has capped resistance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info