[2.2 Theory] Firestarter - cheap bow berserker

The basic concept is a cheap first build with minimal item requirements but high damage output.

Main skill:

* Blast rain or rain of arrows (converted to 100% fire damage)
* Physical projectile attack damage
* Weapon elemental damage
* Slower projectiles
* Elemental focus
* Item rarity, fire penetration or one of the area modifiers
* (tree) Elemental overload
* (ascendancy) Aspect of carnage

Assuming elemental focus is the same as other similar multiplier support gems and 5L, this results in a 10.3 multiplier with every gem at lvl20 (only the support gems, without the multiplier of BR/RoA).

Possible supports:

* Herald of ash
* Flammability blasphemy
* Leer Cast Animate guardian
* Blink arrow
* Purity of fire
* The Writhing Jar (of it triggers herald of ash)

Required items:

* chin sol, lioneye's glare, or some other high pDPS bow
* blackgleam (required for rain of arrows, optional for blast rain with avatar of fire)
* 3x lioneye's fall jewel (see the skill tree. Build is possible without them, but with less damage)
* something increased crit chance could make the damage output smoother (maybe a romira ring?)
* added dexterity, there isn't enough on the skill tree

Passive tree:

* Uses 119 points, but it's easy to leave out the smallest damage modifiers or life nodes
* 650% increased damage
* 144% increased life, but it's easy to reach 193% with sacrificing some damage (with the scion life rectangle)
* Bandits: life / attack speed / skill point or frenzy charge
* Possible 80ish tree

Misc stuff:

* Ignite won't do any good since it doesn't stack. If something just barely survives, herald of ash will ignite and kill it. Otherwise, it requires another shot anyway (Using chieftain instead of berserker and a few uniques, it's possible to reach 70% ignite chance without crit, and that's basically a 1.4 multiplier IF you do not try to stack it... Emberwake might be interesting againts bosses)
* Why berserker? Yes, the chieftain provides additional fire penetration, but everything else is better with the berserker (damage and life), the movement speed bonus is probably far superior to the ignite chance / burning damage this build won't use anyway. I think the simple 1.4 multiplier is better than 1.2*(10% additional fire penetration)*(damage near totems) for most of the time.
Last edited by dutow on Mar 3, 2016, 1:48:17 PM
Does the % physical attack damage leeched as life from the Bloody Bludgeon wheel give you leech if you convert 100% to fire?

In other words where in the conversion logic is leech applied?
"
flamingdonut wrote:
Does the % physical attack damage leeched as life from the Bloody Bludgeon wheel give you leech if you convert 100% to fire?

In other words where in the conversion logic is leech applied?

I just tried it (with removing the life regen passives so it's clearer), and I got nothing from it. I only took that node because of the high increased damage.

I also updated my tree based on comments from reddit - it now has even more increased damage, and some crit chance too.

edit: but I do have 2% life and mana leach with ascendancy points, resulting in basically free lvl1 mana/life leech support gems linked to everything.
Last edited by dutow on Mar 2, 2016, 2:10:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info