[2.2] Champion RT Dual Strike with Dual Varunastra Perandus HC

Looks really cool man, might try this build later on in the season.
Update since I hit level 90 with dps and gear
ZENO BE COPYING MY BUILD BUT IS MARAUDER INSTEAD Kappa
build so good even lord zeno wants to play it
All right, we died at level 91. Not much else to say about the build.

Although I can test a 6L in Standard.
*EDIT: I've done some more research into Slayer and it fails, at the moment its Melee splash and inc aoe just isn't worth taking it over permanent fortify*

Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks for putting the effort into generating this build guide. It looks like an amazing build and I intend to put together something very similar. I am torn between the following three options for this build.

1. High armour Juggernaut variant that Zeno took
2. The Champion permanent fortify variant as you describe here
3. A Slayer leech variant that I am thinking about

I was wondering your thoughts on ascending as a Slayer instead of the Champion, please note although I know you're playing HC I intend to play SC.

I would take Brutal Favour, Impact, and then Endless Hunger to ensure that I get the increased splash and radius of skills, increased damage whilst leeching and then, regen and cannot be stunned.

I would then still run fortify either in my six-link or in my whirling blades setup as many Reave builds do (and I have in the past). I am concerned about being extremely squishy even with an LC (I have a 5L LC waiting for this build already).

Either way, I am going to try one of these three setups, just interested in how the Slayer may play out in terms of increasing clear speed, etc with the extra radius and area of effect. Also keen to not be able to be stunned as I found that to be the death of me playing Reave previously.

Good luck with your new build and I hope it goes well for you.

Last edited by Argoon on Mar 14, 2016, 3:05:01 AM
I am leveling for this build right now. Looks cool, but you forgot about Rampart in duelist tree which makes his fortify even stronger. I also prefer playing this with 5 endurance charges and arctic armor. All these 3 together give me 60%+ phys damage reduction.

After more studying I think this is better tree:
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQDAYCK9012KySbQXQB3OoY707KkBXs5FFZ_sGjZFLiYTB3TePyRf4K_o864aZXNZIxnti9uR3TbwUtdO167y5T3DLFUwU8SHiLTygql3kLYScvLdKfPho4kFWvp7vtkc5oZfPdrY12rM9-rKoVIGVNR369Nl8_8B8Es6IAvqeE2UMxhO9W6LLcCEngld0NEuGi6meb9zIrUA3NHM7-VHzZ-OvawcT2tfJ34220qAdngFBHFCDvDmNwEdVgQVeXeA3AGm87cqlhUq4-XhODXzwtaPKpbq9sWfPBBC2Dxq55aBm0ivDEgulGktDAZuxciXGqzXvUhJRr1A==

take endurance charge on merciless
7 endurance charges - 28% dmg reduction
Fortify - 27% dmg reduction
Arctic armour - 13% dmg reduction

I dropped leech nodes because I use blasphemy+warlord mark for 2% hp/mana leech
Last edited by Inferius90 on Mar 15, 2016, 2:47:36 PM
"
Argoon wrote:
*EDIT: I've done some more research into Slayer and it fails, at the moment its Melee splash and inc aoe just isn't worth taking it over permanent fortify*

Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks for putting the effort into generating this build guide. It looks like an amazing build and I intend to put together something very similar. I am torn between the following three options for this build.

1. High armour Juggernaut variant that Zeno took
2. The Champion permanent fortify variant as you describe here
3. A Slayer leech variant that I am thinking about

I was wondering your thoughts on ascending as a Slayer instead of the Champion, please note although I know you're playing HC I intend to play SC.

I would take Brutal Favour, Impact, and then Endless Hunger to ensure that I get the increased splash and radius of skills, increased damage whilst leeching and then, regen and cannot be stunned.

I would then still run fortify either in my six-link or in my whirling blades setup as many Reave builds do (and I have in the past). I am concerned about being extremely squishy even with an LC (I have a 5L LC waiting for this build already).

Hey. So yeah the problem I had with Slayer is pretty much what you mentioned, the nodes themselves are pretty weakened, when Melee Splash as a gem is actually in an okay spot right now and gives good radius.

I didn't look too much into Zeno's variant although he was using Abyssus (I think) and so he should be able to push for more DPS. Juggernaut is very nice to have (am currently running a Juggernaut build) and having a large armour pool is very strong I believe right now.

Apologies for not really responding earlier, I was focusing on getting my new build running into maps heh.

So overall, champion or juggernaut are probably the best, unless you're going for some crit variant.
"
Inferius90 wrote:
I am leveling for this build right now. Looks cool, but you forgot about Rampart in duelist tree which makes his fortify even stronger. I also prefer playing this with 5 endurance charges and arctic armor. All these 3 together give me 60%+ phys damage reduction.

After more studying I think this is better tree:
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAQDAYCK9012KySbQXQB3OoY707KkBXs5FFZ_sGjZFLiYTB3TePyRf4K_o864aZXNZIxnti9uR3TbwUtdO167y5T3DLFUwU8SHiLTygql3kLYScvLdKfPho4kFWvp7vtkc5oZfPdrY12rM9-rKoVIGVNR369Nl8_8B8Es6IAvqeE2UMxhO9W6LLcCEngld0NEuGi6meb9zIrUA3NHM7-VHzZ-OvawcT2tfJ34220qAdngFBHFCDvDmNwEdVgQVeXeA3AGm87cqlhUq4-XhODXzwtaPKpbq9sWfPBBC2Dxq55aBm0ivDEgulGktDAZuxciXGqzXvUhJRr1A==

take endurance charge on merciless
7 endurance charges - 28% dmg reduction
Fortify - 27% dmg reduction
Arctic armour - 13% dmg reduction

I dropped leech nodes because I use blasphemy+warlord mark for 2% hp/mana leech

The problem I have with Rampart is that it's kinda out of the way a bit, and although Rampart itself is a strong node the first 2 nodes are pretty terrible. and only really give a little boost to damage.

Also using arctic armour and blasphemy aura means you're dropping both hatred and herald of ash? I feel like you'd lose a lot of DPS for that but it's up to you really.
I am running with herald of ash, arctic armour and warlord+blasphemy.
85% mana reserved but its fine with spamming dual strike all time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info