2.6 Renewed Leary's Auramancer (Spectre, AW etc)(Great flexibility, Shaper farming!)

I am hoping you might get a little more in the golemmancer section (as promised!). If they dont fix the death cheese flame golem thing, I am thinking about starting that next league, but would also just generally like to see how you would fill in detail on that one.
Last edited by taosk8r on Feb 14, 2017, 3:55:22 AM
fully excited about the next league, anticipation of pitting our army vs a breach next to a perandus coffer with onslaught or whatever (i'm *relatively* new to leagues) is just a whole nother level of crazy.

(on a lighter note access to severed/dream shouldnt be too bad)

As for Spectres, the simplest thing they could do is make them scale up (the same way they scale down) so we can just grab some and keep em.

I love PoE updates XD
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 15, 2017, 3:46:26 AM
"
taosk8r wrote:
I am hoping you might get a little more in the golemmancer section (as promised!). If they dont fix the death cheese flame golem thing, I am thinking about starting that next league, but would also just generally like to see how you would fill in detail on that one.

I would never play a death cheese character :P. I want this build to also be HC viable. Golems didnt turn out as strong as an auramancer for me, they might be more strong in a different setup but that wont be included in this build because of that.

"

fully excited about the next league, anticipation of pitting our army vs a breach next to a perandus coffer with onslaught or whatever (i'm *relatively* new to leagues) is just a whole nother level of crazy.

(on a lighter note access to severed/dream shouldnt be too bad)

As for Spectres, the simplest thing they could do is make them scale up (the same way they scale down) so we can just grab some and keep em.

I love PoE updates XD

Im even more excited about 3.0, new spectres hype!
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I'm planning on using Midnight Bargain, because I'm not sure if I can get Severed in Sleep/United in Dream until late in the league. Therefore I'm planning to use Flame Sentinels with Raise Spectre - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus - Minion Dam - Controlled Destruction - Faster Projectiles. My questions:

1. Are those links in order of importance? If I get 5-link at the beginning, should I drop Faster Projectiles?

2. I assume you can't use Shield Charge with wands (Midnight Bargain). Is Flame Dash the best alternative since we can't sacrifice gem slots for Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting?

3. Should I use Poison Support instead of Stone Golem with my Zombies if I'm using Midnight Bargain (no poison from Chayula weapon)?
"
Wermine wrote:
I'm planning on using Midnight Bargain, because I'm not sure if I can get Severed in Sleep/United in Dream until late in the league. Therefore I'm planning to use Flame Sentinels with Raise Spectre - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus - Minion Dam - Controlled Destruction - Faster Projectiles. My questions:

1. Are those links in order of importance? If I get 5-link at the beginning, should I drop Faster Projectiles?

2. I assume you can't use Shield Charge with wands (Midnight Bargain). Is Flame Dash the best alternative since we can't sacrifice gem slots for Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting?

3. Should I use Poison Support instead of Stone Golem with my Zombies if I'm using Midnight Bargain (no poison from Chayula weapon)?

1. Depends on what you what. Faster proj will give better low lvl map clears, while controlled destruction will give you the dmg you'll need for high red maps.

2. No you cant. Yes flame dash is the better alternative. Less strong tho, and as such, optional imo.

3. Yes, poison linked with zombies will be very useful. Not necessary tho. Youll have to weigh the usefulness of the stone golem vs the single target dmg increase.
Hi! I went Mainstream Auramancer in 2.4, dropped curses in favor of Auras but have decided to test using curses in Standard. Was running AA, Vitality for defense but I think the curses might be better.

A few questions:

1. How come no level 1 Clarity? Starved for spots, or not possible?
2. Is Faster Projectiles better than Fire Penetration?
3. How much more ES are you getting from Chayula vs a rare amulet? I can't test at the moment until breach is over. I'm hovering a bit over 8.3k and feel a bit squishy.

Can you double check my setup please? I have a Presence of Chayula and United in Dream ready for League end :>

Spoiler

Either way, a very solid build <3 95 is my highest char to date.

The only thing I absolutely hated with this char was the constant dc'ing and Spectre resummoning in Essence. If GGG fixed this the build would be 5/5.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
Darksagex wrote:
Hi! I went Mainstream Auramancer in 2.4, dropped curses in favor of Auras but have decided to test using curses in Standard. Was running AA, Vitality for defense but I think the curses might be better.

A few questions:

1. How come no level 1 Clarity? Starved for spots, or not possible?

You only run the clarity if u have a slot, and you run it as high lvl as you can afford, which generally means lvl 1-4.

"

2. Is Faster Projectiles better than Fire Penetration?

For poison sentinels, yes. If you go elemental, you drop controlled destruction for faster proj to clear, not fire pen. ;)

"

3. How much more ES are you getting from Chayula vs a rare amulet? I can't test at the moment until breach is over. I'm hovering a bit over 8.3k and feel a bit squishy.

8.3k and feeling squishy is quite weird. Dual curse on its own should be enough to keep u alive. Also, without presence it should be possible to hit 9k es quite well, as I did so in perandus.

"

Can you double check my setup please? I have a Presence of Chayula and United in Dream ready for League end :>

Spoiler

Either way, a very solid build <3 95 is my highest char to date.

The only thing I absolutely hated with this char was the constant dc'ing and Spectre resummoning in Essence. If GGG fixed this the build would be 5/5.

Okay, ye you have very little Es on your gloves (250 es, or 150+ with +1 corrupt, and intelligence), your belt has extremely low flat es roll, as well as no str or int, making it incredibly hard to get better rings, which also miss that 50 int roll. All in all, even just in int rolls you could get about 150-200 more intelligence, equating to 30-40% ES. Remember that Purities already give a load of resistances, so you dont need those as much. Besides that I truly recommend to get +1 to all/+2 to minions for your zombie link (corrupted bones are the easiest and cheapest for this without sacrificing anything.
"
leary93 wrote:
Advice

Thanks for the tips :>

I just realized I forgot to link my amy:

I am looking to run this char again in 2.6, since there aren't any nerfs regarding the build.

I think my mistake in Essence was running Vitality/AA instead of the curses. I haven't tested with curses yet in Standard (they are both level 1 now :P). I was trying to be a Psuedo-Aurabot but in retrospect curses are much better.

I tried to get as high chaos resistance as possible. Sitting at 69% in Merc. I think once I get my Presence I can gear a bit more flexibly. I see you are sitting at 0%, is that in your opinion enough?

I just realized several more mistakes in my gearing: I ran Necromatic Aegis which gave the bonus to my minions, which is the reason why my res and stats are "overcapped" at the moment. I also used to run a Shav's ring for Regen. Dropping them will give me more flexibility in gearing!

The build needs: 155 Dex / 114 Str (+1 Fire Penetration), Tree gives 84 Dex / 24 Str. Chayula Amy gives +16 and shield gives +26 Dex, so that puts me at 29 Dex / 74 Str. With Jewels I can basically drop it to only needing about 30 Str!!! :D

I'll try and grab high ES gloves and a +1 Bones for Standard, how much did the boots cost you in Breach?
Last edited by Darksagex on Feb 23, 2017, 4:42:40 AM
"
Darksagex wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
Advice

Thanks for the tips :>

I just realized I forgot to link my amy:

I am looking to run this char again in 2.6, since there aren't any nerfs regarding the build.

I think my mistake in Essence was running Vitality/AA instead of the curses. I haven't tested with curses yet in Standard (they are both level 1 now :P). I was trying to be a Psuedo-Aurabot but in retrospect curses are much better.

Ye and curses also help your party :)

"

I tried to get as high chaos resistance as possible. Sitting at 69% in Merc. I think once I get my Presence I can gear a bit more flexibly. I see you are sitting at 0%, is that in your opinion enough?

If you're running shavronne's yuo dont need much chaos res. Chaos res is only important if you're hybrid (as Es wont absorb chaos dmg then, and for most purposes, 5~k ehp vs chaos is the treshhold, besides maybe ubertrio or overgrown ruin boss). So yes, 0% is enough, but you could run with even less.

"

I just realized several more mistakes in my gearing: I ran Necromatic Aegis which gave the bonus to my minions, which is the reason why my res and stats are "overcapped" at the moment. I also used to run a Shav's ring for Regen. Dropping them will give me more flexibility in gearing!

The build needs: 155 Dex / 114 Str (+1 Fire Penetration), Tree gives 84 Dex / 24 Str. Chayula Amy gives +16 and shield gives +26 Dex, so that puts me at 29 Dex / 74 Str. With Jewels I can basically drop it to only needing about 30 Str!!! :D

I'll try and grab high ES gloves and a +1 Bones for Standard, how much did the boots cost you in Breach?

that last 30 str is pretty easy to get on belts, as its the only stat suffix it can roll besides essences. Boots generally cost me like 20-30c before coloring, but should never take any more than 1ex tbh. They're also easier to find earlier in the league than later, and if you're really in a pickly, it shouldnt take much more than 60 corrupts to get +1 bones :P.
"
leary93 wrote:

that last 30 str is pretty easy to get on belts, as its the only stat suffix it can roll besides essences. Boots generally cost me like 20-30c before coloring, but should never take any more than 1ex tbh. They're also easier to find earlier in the league than later, and if you're really in a pickly, it shouldnt take much more than 60 corrupts to get +1 bones :P.

I'll buy your +1 Bones in Standard for 20-30c :D

I'll try and update the build after work ^.^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info