[2.2 Theory, Need Input] Chieftain RF & Fire Storm Marauder.

Hey everyone, i have a build here i've thought of and reworked from ItsYoji's youtube page, and i'd like all kind of input. I've planned to use the build for HC.

This is an armor based build, with lots of Life.

The Build will have 87% Fire Resist by using Rise Of The Phoenix, Purity of fire, and barbarism Passive node.

Finished Skilltree: www.poeurl.com/xbc

Bandits: Oak - Point - Oak

Ascendancy: Chieftain
Tawhoa, Forest's Strength - 40% Armor, 10% All Res, 10% Reduce mana cost, 10% Increase Strength

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance - 15% Chance to Ignite, 35% Increase dmg against burning enemies.

Ramako, Sun's Light - 0,5% Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge, Can't be ignited. Killing burning enemies has 10% chance to give you an Endurance charge.

Gem Links

6L: Firestorm - Spell Echo - Conc Effect - Fire Pen - Cont Destruction - Iron Will
4L: Righteous Fire - Inc Burning Damage - Inc AoE - Conc Effect
4L: CWDT (max level) - Immortal Call (max level) - Inc Duration - Arctic Breath (For Slow)
2L: Warlord's Mark - Blasphemy
2L: Chaos Golem - Minion Life

Optional:
Vaal Lightning Trap (Shocked ground for Singletarget)
Flesh Offering (Against Strongboxes and such)
Avian Twins Talisman for insane lightning resist (If talismans are in this league).
Primal Skull Talisman for more life regen (If talismans are in this league).
Last edited by Fruub on Feb 29, 2016, 4:58:30 PM
Bump - Input still appreciated!
Thinking about something similar, but wont Ramako's make you unable to put on RF?
Pretty sure having "cannot be ignited" in a RF build is a bad thing
Oh... Havent thought of that, i'll just have to check that out when it comes i quess. Will just be picking the other one then, a bit worse but i quess its better than nothing
Last edited by Fruub on Mar 1, 2016, 8:57:48 AM
But though, isnt RF considered Burning and not Ignite?
Yes burning is different to ignite so RF will work fine. I'm looking at running this as my first toon. Flame surge instead of firestorm tho and RF-incaoe-brndmg-cd as not to lose aoe. Also no ic on cwdt, 6-7 charges x 0.7% regen more important.At work on phone so havnt had a chance to check your tree against mine.
twitch.tv/Owwlll
Managed to check out ya tree, think maybe planned for too many points tbh. I'll have a proper compare with mine when I get home. My issue is dex as ill be using a claw.

My tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEDdQSzBg4J9gthDF8SaRQgFVAWbxccFy8YVhkuGjgaPhynHNwdFCcvJ-0pLi3SMfs62DwFPC09_EGHRZ1G11NSU6VV1lcNWGNYd1nzW6BfBF8_Y_1k52ZUZp5oZWh0aPJxeXGFcg965nwOfLh_44CkggeCm4Nfg8yFe48aj0aQVZErkc6WbJo7muCdrp_fogCnCKdVrY2vbLc-u-3AZsRYxPbGrsbYz37SIdR81abYvdlh2mLa3eNq6-7sOO087w7vfPAf8azyQfOb9kj56PrS_go=
twitch.tv/Owwlll
"
Yes burning is different to ignite so RF will work fine. I'm looking at running this as my first toon. Flame surge instead of firestorm tho and RF-incaoe-brndmg-cd as not to lose aoe. Also no ic on cwdt, 6-7 charges x 0.7% regen more important.At work on phone so havnt had a chance to check your tree against mine.

Yea, i know that the 6-7 charges may be good, but thats why i decide to max out my CWDT and Immortal call, so it only pops on high dmg and not every 2nd hit. Its just incase of HUGE incoming phys dmg.
"
Managed to check out ya tree, think maybe planned for too many points tbh. I'll have a proper compare with mine when I get home. My issue is dex as ill be using a claw.

My tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEDdQSzBg4J9gthDF8SaRQgFVAWbxccFy8YVhkuGjgaPhynHNwdFCcvJ-0pLi3SMfs62DwFPC09_EGHRZ1G11NSU6VV1lcNWGNYd1nzW6BfBF8_Y_1k52ZUZp5oZWh0aPJxeXGFcg965nwOfLh_44CkggeCm4Nfg8yFe48aj0aQVZErkc6WbJo7muCdrp_fogCnCKdVrY2vbLc-u-3AZsRYxPbGrsbYz37SIdR81abYvdlh2mLa3eNq6-7sOO087w7vfPAf8azyQfOb9kj56PrS_go=

What spell are you planning to use other than RF though? I can see that you picked out increased burning damage nodes, so i assume its pure? note that i am going to be using Firestorm, which is why i havent picked those but only pure fire.
Im kinda edging between using "Ramako, Sun's Light" and "Hinekora, Death's Fury".

The only benefit you get from Hinekora is the life regen per endurance charge.

Ramako gives you Fire Leech and some Fire Penetration. The build also gives you 400 Strength, 10 strength equals 2% increased phys damage, which then equals 100% increased phys damage. Im not sure if the "Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage" is percentage based or based on flat phys. If its percentage it would be a 20% increase to fire damage. Otherwise it'll not do too much I think.

If you really want life regen for endurance charges, just take the node after "Stamina" that gives 0.2% per endurance charge. Sure its way lower, but I'm fairly certain you don't need more life regen. And the fire damage from firestorm and RF will leech you back quite an amount.

You did take quite a lot of points in the tree, but there's quite some that you can just spec in later to make the build even better. For instance the scion lifesquare would be optional to fully spec into, and the small lifewheel in between marauder and templar (Not the liferegen one).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info