[2.2] 2H Axe Cyclone Theory

Hello.

I saw a similar build back in Bloodlines. Recently however after having played different builds, I decided to take a look at it again. Unfortunately I didn't find the original build, so I tried to remake it. I did play this build back in Bloodlines and quite liked it. However I didn't get over level 70 on HC (lessons were learned) I did enjoy it.

I would like to know if this build would still work to some extent, I know Cyclone's initial DMG got nerfed by 50%, but other than that it should work just as it did.

This build would be a two handed axe cycloner. I myself am planning to play it in the HC new league which comes out and I'd like to get your opinion on how to improve this build. It doesn't really run any major legendaries which are game changing. I'm planning to use Kaom's Primacy (assuming it is cheap enough) and later on Devoto's Devotion (even though it reduces melee DMG, in my opinion, the move speed + attack speed out weighs it.

BUILD TREE:

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal: Oak (+40HP)
Cruel: Kraitlyn / Oak (Attack Speed / Phy DMG) I'm not so sure about this one. I did think of using blood rage also with this build, but not sure. The original build which I based this on helped Kraitlyn.
Merciless: Kraitlyn / Kill all (Frenzy charge / Passive Point) Again, not sure about this one, but the original I think used Frenzy charge

Gems:
Spoiler
Main Skill:
Cyclone + Blood Magic + Life on hit + Melee Phy DMG

(However due to not getting over level 70 and not having achieved a 5 link, I don't really know what other gems to use in combo with it. I know you could use Phsy->Lightning to reduce reflect DMG, also added fire DMG could also boost this build's DPS.)

Auras:
Herald of Ash + Purity of Elements + something

The reason to use Purity of elements, is because when I played back in Bloodlines, I remember having trouble capping resistances, and it really helped me cap it. You could use something like Hatred instead or something.

CWDT Setup:
CWDT + Molten Shell + Immortal call + Inc Duration

Molten shell for little bit of extra armor, doesn't really change that much but can be of use. You chould link your golem into it

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Guardian:

Guardian in my opinion has the best for this build. The reason I'd take this is because of several reasons. Firstly it's duelist and has pants. Secondly Unstoppable hero in combination with Fortitude. It gives permanent defense and offensive ability. Final points would be used to get Inspirational for further move speed and DMG.
Last edited by Torug on Feb 29, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
Reserved if I do plan to make a full build out of it.
This is my wiew and recommendation for Duelist 2H (not special unique items) build
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAZEB3ASzBS0HdQmWDc0S4RQgFHEaOBzOIVUnICcvK1As-y3SMZ41kjkOOtg64TwFPQ9AoEa3R35N41BHXhNfOV8_ZU1mVGhlaPJvO3KpdO12rHfjeA15aHrvfLt82YIHgpuE2YTvhVKFe4dqiiKK8JBVkGyRzpd5mjubLZ_fogCi6qZXqSepbqmUrY2vp7CrtfK77b02vqfAGsBmwKbBBMSCxPbPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHcPeRR6UbqGOsJ7DjvDu988B_yQfJF8933Mvjr_gr-VP6P

Oak\K\Oak
Class - Champion.
Last edited by pemens on Feb 29, 2016, 12:16:55 PM
Hey, I've extensively played and researched both flicker strike and cyclone for a 2H build.
Some things to note:
-While physical to lightning will reduce physical reflect, but it will increase elemental reflect. Though yes, an ideal balance would be around 50-50 physical/elemental to have the ideal scenario to reduce both reflect types so you won't be getting the full force of reflect from only either physical or elemental.
-Consider dropping the LGOH & BM, if you take Revelry + Mana Flows, added with some mana/life leech, you should be able to sustain cyclone, and this will free up two gem slots, in any case at least, you should at least not need LGOH.
-Since you're HC maybe you can run Daressos and get and endurance charge from bandits? Just a thought. Lightning Coil or Belly are also great.
-Should definitely run Hatred over Purity of Elements, it's not too difficult to get resistance capped, especially with availability of items and new trade improvements
-My 6L is currently: Cyclone + Melee Physical + Concentrated Effect + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning + Faster Attacks; this is close to the best possible damage output, maybe swapping faster attacks for added fire would push it even higher, but at that point elemental reflect would be a BIG danger. You could swap some of the gems for more defensive seeing as you're playing hc.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info