[2.2] FireNades Elementalist | ES+EVA | Cheap

Hi,

I am planning a fire trap build for Ascendancy and i though i'd share my thoughts. This is just a theory build for now but the numbers look good and it should work.

Passive tree

The tree is around level 90 and you get:
- 234% increased maximum Energy Shield
- 204% increased Evasion Rating
which should be enough for survavibility. The build does NOT have Acrobatics because it would lower ES a lot. After level 90 you can spec to anything you feel like you are missing. There are lots of nodes for eva or es and also a lot to increase damage.

Gear
There are only 2 required uniques (one of them is needed twice):
- Sunblast

- 2x Cheap construction
Both are needed for traps to explode immediately.
- Eye of Chayula for stun immunity. Not necessary, but better for survival imo.

There are two more unique daggers good enough and pretty cheap that will work good with the build:
- Divinarius and Heartbreaker

They are good enough but probabbly BIS so might be better to use some good (but expensive) rares later in the end-game. It might also be better to switch one of the daggers for a shield to get some other layer of defence from block.

Also it might be worth considering Jaws of Agony for better Power charge generation (and defence):

Gems
Primary skill is Flame Trap for killing packs. For single target there is flame surge which will have 50% inc. dmg from flame trap's burn. Lightning warp for mobility. I am not running 3 auras because the build might be pretty short on mana (flame surge and 6L trap is pretty hard on mana).

Gems:
6L Fire Trap | Trap and Mine Damage | Chance to Ignite | Controlled Destruction | Inc Burn Damage | Increased AOE
4L Flame Surge | Spell Echo | Controlled Destruction | Conc Effect
4L Clarity | Grace | Arctic Armour | Enlighten
4L CWDT | Immortal Call | Increased Duration | Vaal Grace
3L Flammability | Summon Chaos Golem | Increased AOE(?)
3L Light Warp | Reduced duration | Faster casting

Bandits
Normal - Alira for +60 mana
Cruel - Kill all dor Passive point
Merciless - Alira for +1 Power charge

Elementalist tree
- Shaper of Desolation
20% Chance to gain Elemental Conflux for 4 seconds when you Kill an Enemy
(While you have Elemental Conflux, all Damage from Hits will cause Chill, Shock and Ignite)
- Beacon of Ruin
Elemental Status Effects caused by your Skills spread to other nearby Enemies
- Pendulum of Destruction
Every 10 seconds, gain 100% increased Elemental Damage for 4 seconds

What are your thoughts? Thanks for any tips and ideas.
Last edited by tululum on Mar 4, 2016, 6:41:22 AM
dude u uze very old skill tree c:
Yeah didnt notice, thanks. Tree updated.
Why no Fire Penetration?

You know that traps scale of spell damage? Take occultists's dominion and the 16% starting node.

Your skilltree below shadow looks really really strange. What did you think allocating those points? I'd much rather use those points travelling to templar.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 29, 2016, 5:14:42 PM
"
Legasi wrote:
Your skilltree below shadow looks really really strange. What did you think allocating those points? I'd much rather use those points travelling to templar.

I agree with Legasi that the section under the shadow is a little odd; none of the equipment you have listed require that much dex and the highest dex value on any evasion/es base armor type is 107.

That said, moving down below and to the right makes plenty of sense. There isn't any room to move into the templar area since you need that dexterity to be able to use fire trap, especially if you get a level 21 fire trap.

Although you probably have your reasons, I made a few changes to the build in case you are interested

You lose the jewel socket and the evasion nodes below shadow, but you gain the occultist's dominion and the 16% spell damage node the above post mentioned while still having a total of 114 dex on your stat sheet rather than the 144 you had before. As a bonus, I also picked up a few trap nodes that you skipped over in the far bottom right of your path.

Also there's a jewel socket available only 3 skill points away near CI if you don't mind getting a little bit more mana and you really want the socket.

Edit:
I now realize that the evasion wheel is the only good source of evasion after all of the nodes you took around shadow. It hurts a little to look at since it seems so bare, but it does make sense since your other alternatives for evasion either give you less evasion and more life or cost even more points than you are already spending.
Last edited by evillooc on Mar 3, 2016, 10:30:50 PM
Yes pretty much what evillooc said. I am not going to templar because i need dex and eva and that i'll find on the right. And as you said when i take the good points i only have little points left and those eva points under shadow are pretty best option for more eva.

That said this should be for tree around level 82 so if you are aiming for 90 at least you will have 8 more points - enough to invest more in:
- "bare" eva nodes in the area under shadow
- ES nodes on the left right (6% ones)
- Crit or Fire nodes that are in reach

Thanks for the suggestion with your updated tree. Just few notes:
- You are right about excess of dex in original tree, i wish i could pick up more eva with speccing less into dex but thats not possible (or at least not as much eva as there on the left .. as you said). Possible solution - fak dat eva and take 3x 6%es on the left top? More ES but less "mitigation" is a possibility. But i have a bad feeling about it.
- I didnt pick up Expedition munitions trap nodes on the way on purpose - 2 of the small points are useless because we already have tons of trap throwing speed and we will be hitting traps cooldown anyway so not much point in speeding it up even more. Trigger radius is completely useless since we are running Sunburst + 2x cheap construction so our traps trigger when they land and there is no need for triggering anyone ever. And final node for price of three is not worth it imo.
- We need that jewel socket for the build. It's not optional, it's required for one of those jewels that make this build possible - Cheap construction. But as you said you can either replace it with the one near CI or one on the right from shadow just 2 points away.
- Yep absolutely no reason not to pick up starting 16% spell damage. Good find. Occultist's dominion is also ok to spec to.

So thanks for your tips. That being said it's also questionable if this EVA+ES grenadier build will do as well as other grenadier builds. It might be better to look into other possible build such as Templar Inquisitor grenadier or other grenadier build that surface. I am not worried this build would be able to get to medium tier maps but who knows how far could it go.
I am going to play a similar Elementalist Trapper.
However, I take Life and use ES armor (or EV/ES mixed). Worked decent with my last trapper.
I am going to use Stormcall traps because they shock as well and because they look awesome. (Endgame maybe IceTrap if the damage of Stormcall is too low.)
I am not sure how rare the new trapper jewels are, so i picked the awesome frenzy node in the ranger area.

Here is the Tree:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAF4EBwW1Bx4ILgj0DPINjQ5IEZYZjhvIG-AfAh_HIvQj9iaVK3gsnC2LMHwyGDN4Nj02xTfUOlg9Xz6XRKtJUUmxSn1Mi0yzTZJQQlFHUlNTMVM1VEdVS1WFVa5VxlZIVvpd8mHiYqxkqmegajZqQ2t6bAtsjG0ZcFF2b311frCCEIPbh3aMNo19jb-Ppo_6kA2Q-pMnlS6XlZf0m4adqp7EoS-jiqa-swO0xbd1vOq-isBUwuzIv8_d0B_TftfP2CTYVNvn323fsOOE45_nOuwY7T_tg-4O7hXvS-9674jv6_DV8Yr5N_zF_ro=
(12 - 6 for Ascendancy in planner, probably respec if i have the belt and the jewels)

Gems:
Storm Call - Trap - Cluster Trap - Less Duration /- Trap Cooldown - Controlled Destruction
Ice Spear - GMP - faster Casting - Increased Crit Chance

Ice Spear has a extremely high crit chance, it will trigger Discord (so - 20 light. res) and Elemental Overload. After that i can throw Stormcall traps and instakill everything (hopefully)
Last edited by jomtoy on Mar 4, 2016, 6:44:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info