2.2 Chieftan: Earthquake Tank

"
Vinc009 wrote:
"
sultangurde wrote:
There is small thing that bothers me: endurance charge generation with setups. I cant imagine to use enduring cry manually.

So you are saying that pressing Enduring Cry every 15 seconds is too much effort for you? Do you only want to use EQ and Leap Slam? Imo wasting 35% of your mana only to not press Enduring Cry every 15 seconds is a total waste.

@blankenshiprh why are you using the accuracy notes instead of RT? You will miss every 3rd hit wthiout RT. Also The reduced mana and the attackspeed are useless from these nodes. Eq doesnt need a lot of mana from what ive seen on streams. You are also wasting a lot of points to get the Fire nodes when you could get the AoE nodes instead.

My build looks like THIS. It has 30% life, 15% aoe and over 50% more inc damage than your build. Also it hits with every hit with RT.

I agree with op on taking physical nodes instead of elemental, and I notice you forgot to take Arsonist in the marauder area. Other than Arsonist, Lava Lash and Catalyse just take physical damage nodes.

Also, I believe there's no need for warlords mark. This build is perfect for using Enduring Cry, you have time to cast it before the earthquake and the Chieftain passive helps keeping the charges up. My curse choice would be Flammability. For mana problems I might take Revelry (mana per hit) in the duelist area. Cyclone costs 12 mana and I survived without Warlords thanks to said passive, Earthquake costs 6 and has a huge area.
Last edited by Byserion on Mar 3, 2016, 12:54:22 PM
For Dex/Int gem requirements just take 30/30 nodes above Arsonist, way more effective than these accuracy nodes (Precision). W/o RT you will miss a lot, remember Marohi Erqi has -100 accuracy.
Last edited by sultangurde on Mar 3, 2016, 2:02:07 PM
"
Byserion wrote:
I agree with op on taking physical nodes instead of elemental, and I notice you forgot to take Arsonist in the marauder area. Other than Arsonist, Lava Lash and Catalyse just take physical damage nodes.

Also, I believe there's no need for warlords mark. This build is perfect for using Enduring Cry, you have time to cast it before the earthquake and the Chieftain passive helps keeping the charges up. My curse choice would be Flammability. For mana problems I might take Revelry (mana per hit) in the duelist area. Cyclone costs 12 mana and I survived without Warlords thanks to said passive, Earthquake costs 6 and has a huge area.

Since im going to link EQ with Less Duration, Added Fire, Melee Phys, WED, PhysToLightning and use Hatred and Herald of Ash the elemental damage nodes will imo be better than pure fire damage nodes since i will also deal a lot of lightning and cold damage. i wasnt sure about the ele wheel on the left side and might not even spec into it. the tree would look like THIS. maybe im going to spec into arsonist on higher levels or when i dont need more defense.

@blankenshiprh i wouldnt want to play EQ without RT since missing a hit would be a huge damage loss due to the EQ mechanics.
"
Vinc009 wrote:

Since im going to link EQ with Less Duration, Added Fire, Melee Phys, WED, PhysToLightning and use Hatred and Herald of Ash the elemental damage nodes will imo be better than pure fire damage nodes since i will also deal a lot of lightning and cold damage. i wasnt sure about the ele wheel on the left side and might not even spec into it. the tree would look like THIS. maybe im going to spec into arsonist on higher levels or when i dont need more defense.

Yeah that tree looks a lot better. Still, notice when you're going to the templar area, you could go straight up from the +30 int/dex and get the 28% damage with maces for 2 points. I think it's better than the 28% elemental damage. And arsonist is 40% fire damage and 1% regen for the same cost.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just considering that I won't have a 6L until later and will probably get concentrated/increased area instead of phys to lightning.

EDIT: I tweaked my build and managed to get Elementalist while spending the same amount of points. It's set at level 85 but it could be late 70s if I'm tanky enough at that point.

Last edited by Byserion on Mar 3, 2016, 4:14:59 PM
"
Vinc009 wrote:
"
Byserion wrote:

@blankenshiprh i wouldnt want to play EQ without RT since missing a hit would be a huge damage loss due to the EQ mechanics.

Well I can agree with you on RT i still want to test it out a little bit and see what I like more. However the elemental nodes I do not. If you need to go out of your way its a waste. All of those gems except WED scale with physical damage. All of your multiplicative supports are physical scaling your base damage skill is physical which is where all those elemental skills scale off of. Hatred and Herald of ash scale from physical also. So getting the physical nodes is superior. Unless like i said catalyze you get one point required and get a big bonus.
I am currently using your build and i have to say its doing well so far, I got theses gloves wich i am thinking about using in endgame

Of course the enchant needs to be better but overall i think theses are op with the endurance charges we generate. I am currently wondering if i should get a rare chest, or a belly of the beast. I am using this for now since i do alot of party play.

EDIT: ok i need help deciding, i just remembered about surge binders, and im wondering wich would be better betwen both gloves? im gessing surge binders but wyrmsign is more defensive with the life roll. I cant decide by myself i need help

ALSO, im thinking about getting a kaom in the future, sounds good or am i doing a mistake?
Last edited by dalien on Mar 6, 2016, 11:25:16 PM
Reached level 78 this weekend and here are my first impressions:
1. With 25k dps tooltip and almost perfect Marohi - any map reflect will be no go.
2. There are 0 mana issues with Marohi (slow weapon).
3. Build is very tanky, with actually loads of dps output.
4. If you think about 5th link go with WED instead of Phys to lightning (4k dps more for me).
5. I am rolling with increased damage golem. Not sure what i should link to him tho.
6. Winterheart amulet is amazing for this build. that 20% life regen when frozen :)
7. Increased duration flasks are you friend.
8. Current items for reference.

"
sultangurde wrote:
Reached level 78 this weekend and here are my first impressions:
1. With 25k dps tooltip and almost perfect Marohi - any map reflect will be no go.
2. There are 0 mana issues with Marohi (slow weapon).
3. Build is very tanky, with actually loads of dps output.
4. If you think about 5th link go with WED instead of Phys to lightning (4k dps more for me).
5. I am rolling with increased damage golem. Not sure what i should link to him tho.
6. Winterheart amulet is amazing for this build. that 20% life regen when frozen :)
7. Increased duration flasks are you friend.
8. Current items for reference.

I updated my gear. Only on my phone now or I would do more. I will fix some stuff after work and possibly test out the WED one. I finally got my last ascendancy points. I had to remove abyss us to do it. That being said. I will likely go for lots of armor resist helm and switch out my belt for stat wise. I roll through any map I am in when I pay attention but can die to the dumbest stuff with abyssus.

What is your build? Right now I am my build minus the crit stuff, I went RT. Now that I have gear after I get 85 I may switch to try crit. I am at 20 with abyssus, so I'll lose 2k from that, but now that my big expense of 5 link marohi is out of the way I have about 2 ex worth of currency to focus other stuff. I'd really only need another 5 link. My totem does like 6k melee splash. So I may link 5 in chest. Fast attack, leap, fortify, cuse on hit, then don't know which curse yet.
@blankenshiprh

My current build is:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAQSzBS0GwwmWDjwUIBRxGJEaOCE0IVUirycgJy8s-y3SMok1kjhTOQ46UjrYOzs8BTwtPfxAoEE_R35QR1HmWGNZ814TXz9gkWFSZU1nWGebaPJyqXTtdqx253dTd-V4enrve4x82YIHgpuDzITZhO-GYIdqiiKMz5BVkc6XeZo7nsWfPp_fogCmo6knqZSsqq4-tC-3Prl-u-28n702vqfAZsQVxPbGBMauxtjPfti92XzaweRR5K3qGOw47w7vTu988B_yRfZI9zL46_4K
"

Just gonna start with saying I'm also running this build, using RT and a bit more health nodes. Currently level 84 on perandus with 25k tooltip on earthquake w/ auras and w/o charges. I'd say physreflect isn't too bad if you use a granite flask. Might help if you swap in phys to lightning over wed if you only have a 5L, or have a 6L.

Great build, having good fun with it! :)
Here's my current setup:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info