Ascendant Solution

This is a possible solution for a rework of the Ascendant class for the Scion.

Everyone seems to have very mixed feelings about the Ascendant class reveal. I am of the opinion that the Ascendant is extremely under-powered compared to the 18 other Ascendancy classes. The keystones clearly lack power. The ability to jump to a starting point of another class is interesting, but ultimately pales in comparison to power of other Ascendancy keystones. I propose a solution to bring the Scion up to par with the other classes. If you agree and/or like any of my suggestions, please comment.

Solution:
Allow the Scion to select 2 of any full-powered Ascendancy keystones from other classes. These keystones would be limited to only 1 from each main class. Further, limit the selection of keystones from the main classes to classes that the player has already completed the main game as.

For example, a Scion player may only select keystones from the Marauder Ascendancy class if the player has already beaten the game (fully completed Act 4 Merciless) as a Marauder.

Of course, the alternative would be to nerf the other classes to bring them to the level of the Scion, but where is the fun in that?
Last edited by johnnybspes on Feb 28, 2016, 12:55:25 PM
What happened here?
"
johnnybspes wrote:
This is a possible solution for a rework of the Ascendant class for the Scion.

Everyone seems to have very mixed feelings about the Ascendant class reveal. I am of the opinion that the Ascendant is extremely under-powered compared to the 18 other Ascendancy classes. The keystones clearly lack power. The ability to jump to a starting point of another class is interesting, but ultimately pales in comparison to power of other Ascendancy keystones. I propose a solution to bring the Scion up to par with the other classes. If you agree and/or like any of my suggestions, please comment.

Solution:
Allow the Scion to select 2 of any full-powered Ascendancy keystones from other classes. These keystones would be limited to only 1 from each main class. Further, limit the selection of keystones from the main classes to classes that the player has already completed the main game as.

For example, a Scion player may only select keystones from the Marauder Ascendancy class if the player has already beaten the game (fully completed Act 4 Merciless) as a Marauder.

Of course, the alternative would be to nerf the other classes to bring them to the level of the Scion, but where is the fun in that?

This does not sound good. Will be overpowered, and the only way to nerf scion then is to nerf the other ascendancy classes. At least now they are independent of each other, so values can and probably will be adjusted based on usage and feedback.
ascendancy class jump is equal to 5-7 passive nods (which could be translated either to average 50% dmg, 15% cast or attack speed or 2-3 jewels which can grant many bonuses. Or just 25%+ max life)

It is very good as it is now.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Really how Scion is just depends on the specific build you are going to do. Some of the Scion ascendancy nodes are amazing and some suck.

For instance Deadeye+Berserker Scion is amazing for just about any projectile-based build. So far it appears to be the best option for selfcast Spark which is going to be very fotm.

Last edited by 0Yemallis on Feb 29, 2016, 6:53:06 AM
What I enjoy about the Ascendant is that it further pushes the Diverse options of the class. Allowing the player to choose any starting point on the Tree alongside the Scion's, allows the ability to play in any way they want, which is in fact what the Passive Tree is originally intended to do rather than locking a build to one or 2 characters. The issue I have with the Ascendant is the extra buffs it gets from unlocking stats from each of the 6 primary classes via Ascending. That could have been done a whole lot differently, and I believe it would be fair, (and not OP as it is going to be), if the Scion Ascending would be to any of the 18 Ascended classes, but only one of them and reduced stats, and allowing it to choose a second starting point on the tree. The way it is now though, is too incredibly powerful and I, (like many others), fear that 2.2 will be rise of the Scion with 50+% of the players being Scions.
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome
Last edited by V3n05 on Feb 29, 2016, 8:30:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info