Powerful precision + drillneck behaviour (ascendancy - deadeye)

So, drillneck says projectile dmg increased by arrow pierce chance, and powerful precision says you have 100% additional pierce chance at start of movement of an arrow, but bonus pierce chance will reduce while arrow travels further away.

Question is, is damage of arrows calculated when i cast it, so all arrows will do bonus 100% dmg regardless of travel distance (and at the same time bonus pierce chance will fall down) or is it a dynamical process, damage of arrows will fall down proportionally with bonus pierce chance while it travels?

i play a 100+% pierce chance build so it matters to me a bit, thx for inputs

edit: i thought of 3rd possibility, arrow dmg is calculated when arrow hits an enemy? that makes more sense?
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Feb 27, 2016, 4:28:03 AM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 9:21:13 PM
"
Necromael wrote:

it actually means it does not matter at all. your chance is 100% all the time -> you get 100% increased crit chance and projectile damage all the time
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

it actually means it does not matter at all. your chance is 100% all the time -> you get 100% increased crit chance and projectile damage all the time

so game only calculates pierce up to 100% and ignores all the extras?

if that is so, bonus pierce chance from passive is kind of useless for me , but effects of damage and crit chance are good? (basically 2 out of 3 things benefit me while pierce chance is irrelevant)

asking just to have some clarity in understanding it, thx
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Feb 27, 2016, 4:59:11 AM
Yes, you cannot pierce more than 100%, so extra is wasted.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Say one doesn't have 100% pierce chance, the question remains: do Powerful Precision and Drillneck synergize and give one 100% damage at the start of the flight, throughout the flight, or not at all?
You gain 100% Increased Damage for as long as you have 100% Chance to Pierce. Exactly what that entails depends on your Chance to Pierce without accounting for PPrecision, and how fast PP drops off.
Are there any reliable source of testing to this yet? Thanks
I want to play a close range Drillneck/Chin Sol combination. And wonder if i have to pick up any pierce at all. As I understand it with powerfull precision on close range I can have 0% pierce from skills&tree but at close range will get 100% pierce chance already, right? That would mean 100% more dmg from chin sol and 100% increased dmg from drillneck plus 100% increased crit chance from powerful precision?
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
"
ScorpioRex wrote:
Say one doesn't have 100% pierce chance, the question remains: do Powerful Precision and Drillneck synergize and give one 100% damage at the start of the flight, throughout the flight, or not at all?

I need to know this answer so badly. I currently have 60% pierce chance and use powerful precision + drillneck. Does the drillneck increase the damage from the bonus pierce chance from powerful precision?
Yes, it does. Vipermagi said it does, and Vipermagi is a reliable source. If you want a GGG response, why not ask in the 'Mechanical Questions' thread?

Anyway I googled drillneck powerful precision for you and got this result. Hope it helps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1689752

"
viperesque wrote:
If you want GGG responses on mechanics questions, it's now best to use the stickied thread. That said, search it first because Mark has already addressed this question in this post:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Atimar549 wrote:
I'm deciding on the ranger class, using a Drillneck for the pierce bonus damage. But the problem is that I'm unsure if the Ranger Deadeye passive interacts with Drillneck.
It does.
"
Atimar549 wrote:
is it dynamic? Such as reducing total damage as the projectile travels and loses pierce chance?
Of course. The projectile loses pierce chance, so anything calculated based on that pierce chance also changes.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info