ZiggyD Reveals the Scion Ascendancy Class: The Ascendant

The "everyone will play scion" notions are annoying and inaccurate. No they wont, its not that great, please shut up.

Edit: Scrublords.
Last edited by krilox on Feb 26, 2016, 8:06:16 AM
"
krilox wrote:
The "everyone will play scion" notions are annoying and inaccurate. No they wont, its not that great, please shut up.

Edit: Scrublords.

I totally agree with this. There are some builds that will benefit from this, but the subclasses available to scion aren't THAT great. I'd say scion raider/juggernaut/deadeye are the best ones at first glance (pacifism jewels are getting even better :) ).

I think GGG nailed it with this in generic sense. Some of the nodes could maybe use buffs but in general it's good how they limited the power with predetermined nodes instead of pick and choose. Also, called it! :D
Ok, here is my thuoght process regarding this...

First thought: Oh, my god. that is totally insane
Second thought: Well, not really. You are much better off playing the original class, as the stats are much much better there
Third thought (after watching Ziggy play around this and explaining some things): This is insane for elemental attack builds. Because you can get ALL Damage is guaranteed to chill, shock and ignite by taking the elementalis node. Which is exactly what Ziggy did and it was crazy, especially when combined with the other ascendancy node from the marauder (Chieftain).

in most cases another class will be better, but there are really some interesting possibilities with the scion.
How come scion gets an ES and an evasion wheel... And then a health "box"? xD
Last edited by LankeOnLuck Yesterday, 2016 11:26 AM
Then I want a male scion!
"
johnnybspes wrote:
Meh. Not impressed. Was hoping for way more. All of the other classes seem incredibly overpowered. The Scion admittedly gets a ton of flexibility, but none of the raw power that the other classes get. Tree jumping may be cool, but still no raw power out of the other ascendants' keystones. My main character is a lvl 96 Scion. I'd rather reroll a Beserker from level 1 than play the Ascendant class at 96. Pretty bummed.

Images of skill nodes:
http://imgur.com/a/OVimN

I've had some time now to sleep on the changes. I went from "bummed" to "pissed off" over night. It's simple; Scion got cheated. The keystones are completely worthless. Maybe Deadeye looks kind of ok, but I have no interest in projectiles.

It seems that all of the worst features of each class were combined into a single keystone for the Scion to choose from. Where is the +1000 accuracy? Where is the 100% Beserker life leech? Where is the "Life leech affects are not removed at full life/Cannot be Stunned While Leeching?" Where is the Immune to Blind/create smoke clouds when hit? Where is the energy shield is not interrupted by damage? ...etc.

The ability to allocate points in another class's starting position is also pretty worthless. To get to any useful keystones, you still need to travel through a bunch of garbage that is going to cost more points than actually just traveling there from the Scion starting position.

Basically the only benefit of the Ascendant is collecting 3 extra skill point nodes. Big whoop. Compared to the overpowered keystones of the other Ascendancy classes, Scion/Ascendant is crap.

The class should allow players to choose between any two full-powered Ascendancy keystones.
Life based, melee crit with life leech!!!!!!!
i want to lvl scion to 100!

oh wait
i canceled it,i hate nerf.
So many Nopes.
The hype I got when I knew what the Ascendant can do was real.
Scion branches to Marauder while take a secondary start from Duelist or Shadow starting point is a great thing. (Since Marauder sucks)

But the drawback is the Scion now has even less originality.
I was right about the name of Scion sub class.
The hype I got when I knew what the Ascendant can do was real.
But I was disappointed at the same time when GGG has given her no originality. Instead, they crammed all other sub classes down her throat.
Geez, that was cruel.

I imagined the Ascendant to be like this:
"
Notable passives are like '20-25% more base attributes' and '20-25% more Projectile/Spell/Elemental/Melee damage' and such.
Smaller nodes are trivial, like '15-20% more Energy Shield/Armor/Evasion Rating' and '6-10% more movement speed', etc.
This subclass has like 24 nodes, covering everything generic.
"
@GGG: can we get the promo page updated with all recently released data? I was "forced" to watch ZiggyD's video but i don't want to look at it more

You know how marketing deals work? They give hm a period of exclusivity, so people have to watch his video, thus increasing his popularity. On the other hand, he makes poe more popular with his videos (or maybe he even agreed on making some videos that GGG want for indirect promo purposes).

Thats why always a few days pass before the info becomes avalaible on the official page, lol.
The only bad thing is that ZiggyD didnt made a single, coherent picture of all the major nodes, lazy bastard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info