Multiple Righteous Fire Totems Stacking

I just wanted to renew a long-standing discussion: do multiple, separate applications of Righteous Fire do additional damage to an enemy?

From the Wikipedia:

"
Different sources of burning damage stack cumulatively, but multiple applications from the same source do not. All burning effects will remain present on the target until they have run their course, but for each source, only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment.

So the question is 'do multiple Righteous Fire totems count as multiple applications of the same source, or do they count as different sources?'.

In my experience, multiple Righteous Fire totems seem to do additional damage, but I have not looked closely enough in-game to confirm this claim 100%.

Is there anyone out there who has done some serious, explicit testing with this? It has a significant implications on how RF Totem build should be optimized.
No, it doesn't stack, RF counts as 'source', not the totem. Different sources of DoT would be an RF totem and a searing bond totem.
Есть один путь - наверх!

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks for the reply.

I think 2 x RF Totem should be the max, then.

I still am going to try 4 x totem Chieftan though (2xRF, 1xFrostNova, 1xSearing)
raics is correct. Perhaps the quoted text would be a little clearer if it used "kind" instead of "source", but that can also be misinterpreted, particularly in the "different kinds of burning" cases.

Stacking rules for buffs/debuffs/etc are defined in terms of that specific buff/debuff/effect interacting with other applications of that same effect, not with other ones that are similar (Curses are a specific exception to this).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 25, 2016, 5:08:41 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
raics is correct. Perhaps the quoted text would be a little clearer if it used "kind" instead of "source", but that can also be misinterpreted, particularly in the "different kinds of burning" cases.

Stacking rules for buffs/debuffs/etc are defined in terms of that specific buff/debuff/effect interacting with other applications of that same effect, not with other ones that are similar (Curses are a specific exception to this).
All this one from the same player or global?

what i mean is:will 2 RF build have both their degen applied on a mob or only the strongest?

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Currently, I believe its global not per player.

I also think this needs to be changed. It's semi-ok if I have two overlapping RF totems out and enemies in the overlapping area only burn as if in standing withing a single RF totem's radius. But if I party with someone and we both drop our own RF totem that happens to overlap the other, it's ridiculous that only one of the totems does damage in the overlapping area and the other does nothing; the same with two different players Searing Bond totems, etc.

And semi-ok is still not OK when you consider that dual totem anything else (i.e. anything that doesn't do DoT), both totems do damage. What's the point of dual totem if both totems cannot damage the same target(s) at the same time?
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
All this one from the same player or global?

Global, of course.

"
Galtrovan wrote:
What's the point of dual totem if both totems cannot damage the same target(s) at the same time?

Exactly, the problem is somewhat similar to running multiple projectiles on caustic arrow. The difference is you can spam clouds all over the place and moving your totem around is kinda tricky, so two totems are still very useful to get more coverage.
Есть один путь - наверх!

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 27, 2016, 5:06:05 AM
Go with Rf + Decoy , it is the best way for survivability.

Edit: I believe you are asking it for chieftain marauder build, so decoy totem's life is insane for it.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on Feb 27, 2016, 12:43:07 PM
"
Jideament wrote:
Go with Rf + Decoy , it is the best way for survivability.

Edit: I believe you are asking it for chieftain marauder build, so decoy totem's life is insane for it.

I think I will try Searing Bond vs Decoy Totem and see in practice which I actually end-up using more often. The nice thing about Searing Bond vs Decoy Totem is that it effectively gives me a free totem..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info