[2.2] Varunastra (new sword) reave builds?

The new sword, Varunastra is promising as it can easily double and triple-dip in nodes, and use any one-handed melee skills.

So i threw together some quick trees to build around it and came up with:

881% increased physical damage, 118% ias, 152% life and a mere 185% crit which will be pretty low considering the already bad base.

CI, 140% ES, 15% more ES due to CI, 589% increased phys damage, 77% ias, 695% increased crit (895% with pc), 197% crit multi from the tree, daggers poison etc.

167% life, 494% increased phys damage, 90% ias, 565% crit (765% with power charges), 181% crit multi from the tree, Acrobatics etc.

These are just rough passive trees that try to synergise and play with the idea of the new sword, I'm sure they can be optimized more. :)

Last edited by krilox on Feb 23, 2016, 12:23:31 AM
The trees look amazing, just from the looks. So many full circles. :D
Pretty crazy amounts of damage increase. And all those little extras, like Onslaught.
Really awesome unique!
I can't really add anything to your ideas right now, I'm just here to praise this sword. ;D
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Caliginosus wrote:
The trees look amazing, just from the looks. So many full circles. :D
Pretty crazy amounts of damage increase. And all those little extras, like Onslaught.
Really awesome unique!
I can't really add anything to your ideas right now, I'm just here to praise this sword. ;D

Thanks :D Yeah i'm pretty hyped too, depends on the new passive tree as well, but i think people are underrating the sword when they say it'll be a budget option. We'll see :D
This is gonna be amazing, I cant wait!
Any reason you didn't grab the staff/mace nodes near the Templar? (HP build)
IGN: Cyslena_Xandi
Last edited by xardoth on Feb 23, 2016, 11:34:19 PM
"
xardoth wrote:
Any reason you didn't grab the staff/mace nodes near the Templar? (HP build)

Staff doesnt count as one handed melee
Last edited by krilox on Feb 24, 2016, 10:22:00 AM
Which ascendancy class would you choose?

I would take assassin and take the node that gives +0.5% base crit chance, dropping some crit chance on passive gear (and taking a bit of block chance, to be more tankier). Having 4 PC means have a base chance of 7%, which is very good.
Assasin gives quite good multiplier that you cant find easily on passive tree (or gear). And it is absolutely necessary to have a good multiplier, otherwise there's no point to go full crit.
Last edited by Serge91 on Mar 1, 2016, 7:41:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info