Bladefall OMFG - love it: Ironwill support any good?

Hi

I'm using bladefall - echo - conc effect - ironwill - added fire

And have 20k dps at lvl 70

Str is 239

Just wondered why peeps aren't using ironwill as a support. at 16/10 - it gives me 3200 extra dps.

Would a different support give me more dps?

TYVM

e.g added fire 17/9 gives me 5k more.

Turnip
Because controlled destruction exists?
Which begs to ask why aren't you using it.

I wouldn't personally use iron will if i wasn't packing at least 500 str or so.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Feb 22, 2016, 2:57:31 PM
iron will effectiveness is a function of total increased damage you have and the possible bonus from IW support. Compared to other support gems It gives favorable results only for minority of caster builds
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Yes I might try some other suports like added cold. I don't need extra area dmg just Conc efffect.

If IM not mistaken controlled destruction cant be used for crit builds - am I wrong there?

TYVM for all responses

And any ideas for my 4th support would be appreciated

DPS at 71 currently 20k

Would added cold be any good or faster casting?
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Feb 22, 2016, 3:41:58 PM
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Yes I might try some other suports like added cold. I don't need extra area dmg just Conc efffect.

If IM not mistaken controlled destruction cant be used for crit builds - am I wrong there?

TYVM for all responses

And any ideas for my 4th support would be appreciated

DPS at 71 currently 20k

Yes, you are wrong. Controlled Destrucion is one of the best supports for Critical builds (curiosities of GGG and their balance team).
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Yes, you are wrong. Controlled Destrucion is one of the best supports for Critical builds (curiosities of GGG and their balance team).

In case I ever find out whose hair-brained idea that was, he better hope my voodoo hasn't improved one bit since that time as a kid when a neighbor punctured my football.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I want to believe it was only an accidentally overlooked design fail that was not fixed immediately because they did not want to change the rules on-the-fly

ofc, unless the original goal was something other than reducing spell crit/non-crit gap
"
Ludvator wrote:
I want to believe it was only an accidentally overlooked design fail that was not fixed immediately because they did not want to change the rules on-the-fly

ofc, unless the original goal was something other than reducing spell crit/non-crit gap

I think Rory said in some stream they wanted it to still be 'usable' with crit builds. That's why I called it a harebrained idea, it was intentional unless the responsible party had no idea the 'drawback' won't matter once you really start speccing into crit. In which case we have an unacceptable level of ignorance on our hands, which is why I'm sticking to the first option :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 22, 2016, 4:49:36 PM
..which would lead to the conclusion that current state of spell crit vs non-crit is close to what it is supposed to be (from the dev POV)
I don' understand why this is such a great support for crit bladefall - why would I want my crit chance/damage reduced?

TYVm

Turnip
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Feb 23, 2016, 11:15:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info