Slower Projectiles vs Faster Projectiles dmg

I am confused. I am experimenting with supps for my Incinerator build, and got to testing Faster Projectiles and Slower Projectiles on Incinerate, at which point I noticed a quirk.

Slower projectiles gives "x% more Projectile Damage" whereas
Faster Projectiles gives "x% increased Projectile Damage".

Their dmg buff /lvl increments are equivalent (eg. lv15 = 27%+ for both, lv17 = 28%+ for both, etc...), but Slower Projectiles shows a significantly higher dps tooltip than Faster Projectiles. I am relatively new to the game (2x lv80 chars + a few lv60's), but as I understand, the dps tooltip accounts only for single-target damage. If so, does that mean that each Incinerate projectile can hit multiple times? That is the only explanation that comes to mind.

Also, why the different wording in the blurbs if the intended mechanic is the same?

Either way, Kudos to GGG for all they've put into this game. I don't think I've ever seen a team so damn committed :) Also goes to show how much their attitude helps to create a great community as well. GLHF everyone!
"
_Cuddles_ wrote:

Also, why the different wording in the blurbs if the intended mechanic is the same?

the answer is simple: because they are not the same mechanics

increased/reduced from all sources stack into one multiplier
more/less are always standalone multipliers
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 22, 2016, 12:44:16 PM
That explains the difference in both the wording and the tooltip, thanks!
Slower Projectiles and Faster Projectiles have different use. Compare this with lighter or heavier arrows used by different armies in history (thought it's not precise). Lighter arrows (faster projectiles) can hit moving targets farther away; they have no chance to dogde incoming arrows, so to speak. Heavier arrows, on the other hand, hit harder, possibly rip armors apart, but have greater chance to miss moving targets.

This mechanic is beautifully translated into the game; not by increasing chance to miss for SP but by actually make projectiles hitting empty space for the target has moved away. So SP is most effective at close range, where mobs don't have time to move away after you fire your shot. Otherwise, you could use Poison Arrow, so that even if you miss the target, the AOE cloud would still do damage.

Another way to use SP is to let loose a torrent of shots in such a way that creates feu d'enfer by adding GMP and Faster Attack, back out, rinse and repeat. And there must be many other ways that I have never heard of.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info