3D Art in Ascendancy

^

I paid for cloak of flame to get done. I found out about heatshiver during the process of trying to fund another piece.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
It would be interesting to understand why rolling out 3D art along with the item is such a challenge and/or time consuming process for GGG. I've been playing Grim Dawn, and that 8 man team has 100s of items - all of which have their rather complex 3D art available.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Feb 22, 2016, 1:20:22 PM
"
Wadjet wrote:
^

I paid for cloak of flame to get done. I found out about heatshiver during the process of trying to fund another piece.

So this is actually happening.... Cool I guess. Still doesn't mean much to a lot of people who have alt art stuff unless we get the ability to turn them into mtx effects. Maybe you should ask if people can fund that to the front of the que? :)
"
Gravethought wrote:
"
Wadjet wrote:
^

So this is actually happening.... Cool I guess. Still doesn't mean much to a lot of people who have alt art stuff unless we get the ability to turn them into mtx effects. Maybe you should ask if people can fund that to the front of the que? :)

Or, maybe YOU could ask, ya know.

I was also thinking, if/when they implement this feature, assuming that it works like Chris stated...man the price of alt art is gonna sky-rocket. Especially on older and rare items. Having to consume the item to create the MTX will result in fewer and fewer items available over time. The uliltimate item sink.
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Feb 22, 2016, 1:32:10 PM
"
Wadjet wrote:
"
Gravethought wrote:
"
Wadjet wrote:
^

Or, maybe YOU could ask, ya know.

I was also thinking, if/when they implement this feature, assuming that it works like Chris stated...man the price of alt art is gonna sky-rocket. Especially on older and rare items. Having to consume the item to create the MTX will result in fewer and fewer items available over time. The uliltimate item sink.

Oh my, my precious :P

nice, never was able to get a hold of one of those :(
-Anubis Hotep
"
Wadjet wrote:
^

nice, never was able to get a hold of one of those :(

Not surprised only 13 exist, at least according to the race points for that season. Helman is on record saying he still has all his race rewards (if I am remembering correctly), and I would assume Kripp still has his. Not many to choose from if someone wanted to get one.

But accounts like Mors, Helman, Goratha, Throzz, etc who have been racing for a long time will have some amazing looking characters if the consume for perm MTX feature (or cross instance MTX feature) get implemented.

Characters just pretty to look at.

More on topic, I'm excited for the alt art Heatshiver, and how it will look, too bad I don't have the alt cloak to go with it (hopefully the normal one will look nice too, eventually).
"
cgexile wrote:
It would be interesting to understand why rolling out 3D art along with the item is such a challenge and/or time consuming process for GGG. I've been playing Grim Dawn, and that 8 man team has 100s of items - all of which have their rather complex 3D art available.

Probably because the Art in PoE in general, especially the items, are on another level from Grim Dawn's. Grim's stuff isn't bad but I mean..cmon

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Yup, personally i like the Grim Dawn items because they look ... old ... they activate nostalgia because they look like something that came out 10 years ago. That's cool by me but that's the reason why it's easier to make 3d art for them.

Grim Dawn ( 2015 )
Spoiler

Sacred 1 ( 2004 )
Spoiler

Dungeon Siege 2 ( 2005 )
Spoiler

Titan Quest ( 2006 )
Spoiler
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 22, 2016, 3:45:40 PM
Ya I can understand that for some people that looks ok, personally I don't dig it so much, I could just play d2 again.

I was only pointing out that they must be much, much easier to render than PoE's.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info