Molten strike passive tree(HC only)-please come to critique

Hey. I am a stay at home male spouse and am going to post a completed passive tree. The reason why there's any relevance to me being a stay at home spouse is because reaching max level time investment wise is doable for me. I understand that most make a skill tree stopping of lvl 80'ish to rate, but that's due to realistic restrictions that in my circumstance don't have. So without further due, my skill tree. It's a one hand/shield molten strike build. I got the increased cold damage with weapons 50% increase for hatred which is 36% of physical into cold which is more than doubled with the other elemental damage to weapon nodes. Anyways, now that you know my general intent I am going to post the link to my tree and you tell me the flaws you see aside from it being a max level tree. If you disagree with something tell me why, tell me what I should have put it into, show me the reason(defense/attack gains). Thanks so much guys, what I love most about this community is that I am able to post into the official forums and do so knowing that the community is a good one. Will use molten strike, added fire damage, hatred, Herald of fire in regards to all the bonus to elemental damage with weapons.
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABIcFLQVmDPcOPBGBFCAUcRR1GJEY2xo4Gj4c5yFgIq8j0ycvKCovzDH7Mk4yfjKJNug4UzpSOtg8LT38QKBDMUSeRmlHfkz_UEdTu1b6V-JYY1nzXhNfP2FSYuxjp2VNaPJqHmo7bydyqXTtdPF2rHbnd9d35Xk5eu98u331fuJ_44IHg8yE2YTvhmCHKYrwi0-Mz49gj5mQVZd5mmqiAKmVrKqsr69stoq3PryfvTa_1cC_wYLEFcSCxLjE9sWKxq7G2MjMypDSIdX41ljYvdl82sHdRt9v4J_kUelG6hjvDu9O74_wH_Iv8kH2SPcy-Ov-Cg==
Last edited by motal on Feb 21, 2016, 5:42:10 PM
Don't take elemental damage nodes unless you're planing to use a full elemental weapon (ie. one with low phys damage and high flat elemental damages rolls). With a regular high phys damage weapon, you should just take nodes that scale physical damage because the 50% phys damage converted to fire will benefit from any physical damage increases. Avoid melee damage nodes however, if possible, because they won't increase the molten strike projectiles damages.

You also planed way too many points in your tree, even your specific situation. It really takes a considerable amount of time and dedication to get to 100, especially in HC. Being very good at trading and sustaining a high level map pool will help, and/or have lots of friends with the same goal to play with.
Consider a lvl 85-90 at most, ie. 108-113 points, at least for a first step. You can always refine your tree later, with a better understanding of your build. And don't forget that you will most probably take bandit rewards in all acts. That's -3 points.

If you commit into block, consider using Templar or Duelist start, they both have an ascendancy class that is block friendly.

Point blank is good idea, better than those ele dmg nodes, but it's very far and (too) expensive to get.

A bit of res on tree help gearing, but you went overboard imho. Cloth and Chain and maybe Diamond skin must be enough.

Consider specializing in one weapon and using one of the three weapon clusters left to marauder area. The add a lot of damage per point.
You shouldn't need that many +30 stats nodes. Gear help getting stats.

Here's an example tree for maces, with duelist start for the Gladiator ascendancy class. They're not the easiest weapon to find, but they're the less intensive on nodes. Doryani's Catalyst would be a good goal eventually. I'm still not totally satisfied with this tree. Someone who's more skilled in melee builds would do better.
Point blank version which requires more res on gear.

For supports: multistrike, added fire damage and weapon elemental damage would be the first three to use. Melee Physical Damage is out of the equation because it doesn't affect the projectiles. As a 5L, fortify, faster attack of physical projectile attack damage (not a fan of this one because it's just the opposite of mpd, it doesn't boost the initial hit).

Also, use paragraphs ;)

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 21, 2016, 7:16:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info