Massively Overpowered reveals the Marauder Ascendancy Class: The Chieftain

F*C*I*G love it man!
SSF since ~OB
I was kinda hoping to see +1 golem or similar, but this works too.
Looks amazing, great job!
IGN: Scordalia_
Still don't know what to think about this one tbh.

Love the "karui lore thing" behind it tho...

Still sad that this one didn't get at least a +1 to totems as well since karuis are all about being proud warrior, their ancestors, totems and stuff... #FeelsBadMan

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
Ultimakami wrote:
Are you mad?! GGG? Now we have 2 Totem ascendancy classes??? And some Ascendancy classes are too specific for some skill only. I have a feeling that these ascendancy classes will narrow down the possibilities of builds.

With no varieties on builds anymore, which is the best point of playing POE, this game gonna lose its charm.

I disagree. My favorite thing about POE -- esp. as a free to play game -- is that the game is largely as tough, OP, diverse, and/or as social as any given player wishes to make it. Diversity is kinda of built-in. Think of it this way:

Right now, one chooses a class based on the staring tree position. Within maybe 5 passive points, it kind of doesn't even matter in many cases what build you choose once you're looking at a tree with 50+ points allocated. Unless you've already got some great gear you're planning on using or are min/maxing every detail, the starting position you choose doesn't much matter. With the Ascendancy classes, the starting positions (classes!) require more consideration.

Some classes are very in-tune with the theme of the classes and their starting points, but others offer some interesting mechanics that can be leveraged by some more creative thinking. Some Ascendancy nodes also include mechanics that otherwise only exist on Uniques or on passive point investment in specific areas of the tree.

And let's remember, the ascendancy classes are optional.
"
Sutehkh wrote:
I must be blind or sumething. I can never find the full tree for these classes when they are announced. Only the big nodes, once not even that. :(

I want to be able to see the full tree for the classes! :(

You have to go to the Ascendency page, scroll down, and click on the Classes link: https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes

I think that when another publication releases the news on a new ascendancy class, it takes a week or so to be added officially to the POE site. Might be some sort of publicity/markeitng agreement to drive traffic to other blogs/sites, etc.

Have patience; the mouse-hover "official" trees will all be on the site in time, I think.
Last edited by MackBesmirch on Feb 18, 2016, 8:30:13 PM
i'm on my knees <3 thx GGG!!! let me grind into spring xD

Journeyman Supporter Pack on sale again????
Last edited by minuskind on Feb 18, 2016, 8:34:33 PM
Hmm, what about decoy totem focused on getting really tanky with as much hp as possible with "totems deal 8% of their max life as fire dmg to nearby enemies when hit" as the point of the build also using tawoha as extra def and ofc the node you pick up on the way that gives 8% reduced dmg taken and enemies take 16% increased fire dmg.
Last edited by eWlu on Feb 18, 2016, 9:09:32 PM
I'm so excited for the upcoming expansion, I can't even! Can't we have the 4th March tomorrow? I guess the next 2 weeks are going to be the longest two weeks in my entire life. :D
Once upon a time there was a huge barbarian with a two hands weapon.
Now we got totem -.-
3 classes and not even a single 2 hands melee bonus, pls do not talk about Berserker just take a look on the duelist classes.
So sad, Marauder was born for smashing heads not for being a fucking totem caster.
So sad and so disapointed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info