Massively Overpowered reveals the Marauder Ascendancy Class: The Chieftain

I am sry but i don't like this class at all, i think GGG did a very bad job here.

This class is the most pigeonholed or better said THEY ONLY pigeonholed ascendancy class in the game. All other classes offer great variety - this class is "forced" to: fire damage and/or totems.

Sure you can do Avatar of Fire builds with it or some chaos conversion if you wanna go that far but thats basically it. I don't complain at the nodes itself (their values seem very strong) i just wanna complain about the actual limited design and build choices.

The "generic Iron Will" node is really good and fits the theme - but where to spend the other 4 points if you want to do a non fire, non totem IW caster?

- The actuall theme is cool
- The lore around it is really flavourfull
- the nodes for that specific playstyle are very strong

but...

no other class forces a specific playstyle upon they player. PoE was all about creativity of combining mechanics and not "pick this class straight foreward and here are the exact options what you can do"

It's just flawed and boring design compared with all the creative interesting choices you could make with any other ascendancy class.

Available builds with this class:
- RF Totems
- RF IW Fire Caster
- fire/chaos conversion caster

Wow, great options for a whole ascendancy class (*sarcasm*) - all other classes could do much more and are not pidgeonhold in any way - a big disappointment for all marauder fans.

I would be really interested in a comment form the DEV that designed this speciic class and why it was designed this way. Was this intentional? What was the thought process behind it?
Booo, I was expecting the Scion reveal to come with this one.
Leaving the best for last I suppose.

"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
I am sry but i don't like this class at all, i think GGG did a very bad job here. -snip

Your just not thinking about it creatively. On the surface it's an increase to fire damage, or physical and fire damage hybrid, and totems. But you can convert other damage types to fire without too much difficultly.

Pyre, Call of the Brotherhood, Cold to Fire, Physical to Lightning, half a dozen other unique that convert stuff to fire, and of course Avatar of Fire.
So if you really want to you can use most skills in the game, so it's not that pigeonholed.

The only thing your not going to be doing with this is chill or freeze, thou shock is available with Three Dragons.
Last edited by YohSL on Feb 18, 2016, 4:50:56 PM
Been waiting for this, nicely done.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
RF Totems don't melt anymore... *drooling*
How dare you GGG... I need to remake my Inc RF caster from Templar to Marauder... I wanted go as Inquisitor, but now you left me no choice...
Hold right click to play , nice class lol .

totems are boring
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Feb 18, 2016, 5:02:26 PM
i never said a bad word about GGG, but damn that new mara class

i have no words for it, why is it so specific? players wanna play light, cold builds with iron will marauder omg, ggg should know that

but even if i wanna play fire totem build, just compare marauder class nodes with witch class nodes
thats not even the same universe

I am ready
Yay, new Karui words! I really like the idea.
I am not a fan of totems but I am definitely positive about this class. I can't wait to try it.

Each time I read news on these sites and see a "Wilson" word in the middle of text, I'm like 'Who the hell is Wilson?!' and need a second to realize they're talking about OUR Chris...
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
xamik wrote:
"Totems are immune to fire damage" ---> RF-totems!

Does that include Damage over Time?

yes, in the video you can see the RF totems w/o die.

for me this ascendancy class would fit better as a templar.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info