SRS & Pain Attunement

I've never done an SRS build so i'm trying to get smart on some of the mechanics. I've read in some posts that increased spell damage and pain attunement do not effect summon raging spirits? When I link a controlled destruction gem with SRS, it shows up on the tooltip as having an effect. If SRS is not effected by spells this shouldn't show up right? I took off pain attunement and the dps on the tooltip for SRS went down.

Also, after a bit of testing, I was hoping the consuming dark would cause SRS to poison mobs, but doesn't seem to be the case.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 6:37:16 PM
Summon raging spirit is a minion, and is only affected by minion-related passives. As for support gems, they deal melee damage which is 50% physical and 50% fire. You can't see SRS damage on the tooltip, what you saw was probably a tooltip bug from herald of ice/thunder/anger. Controlled destruction would reduce SRS crit chance (from 5% to 5% lol), but provide no benefits.
"
darkmark009 wrote:
Summon raging spirit is a minion, and is only affected by minion-related passives. As for support gems, they deal melee damage which is 50% physical and 50% fire. You can't see SRS damage on the tooltip, what you saw was probably a tooltip bug from herald of ice/thunder/anger. Controlled destruction would reduce SRS crit chance (from 5% to 5% lol), but provide no benefits.

Why would SRS not be affected by Controlled Destruction? In the tooltips says "Spell".

And also, why would not lower their 5% critical chance to 0%? Why did you say it stays at 5%?
You got to be careful here.

When you summon a raging spirit, the act of summoning it is what is meant by the spell. The summoned creature's own attack is minion attack. The act of summoning does not deal any damage, 0*30% is still 0.

Special cases would be some game modfier causes even the act of summoning to deal some damage, that would be scaled by pain attunement.

The base critical strike chance in this game is 5% HARD cap. You cannot push it below this.

Same goes for the maximum cap for dodge in this game is 95%, you cannot go any higher (It used to be 100%)
if my build
srs-echo-culling-add chaos dmg-multi strike
and the last one
minions dmg or controlled destruction is better?
Dude we just answered your question. Read my reply...
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Dude we just answered your question. Read my reply...

ic, that mean srs is a spell, but not direct damage spell
srs, summon skeletons, raise zombie all have "spell" tag, because you cast a spell (using your cast speed) that summons a minion

spell damage support gems, like controlled destruction, have no effect, because summoning a minion does not deal any damage, and all the minions I mentioned use attacks
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
srs, summon skeletons, raise zombie all have "spell" tag, because you cast a spell (using your cast speed) that summons a minion

spell damage support gems, like controlled destruction, have no effect, because summoning a minion does not deal any damage, and all the minions I mentioned use attacks

Tangentially related: would a spell support gem linked to a raise spectre gem affect a spellcasting spectre? The wiki seems to suggest it would.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

Tangentially related: would a spell support gem linked to a raise spectre gem affect a spellcasting spectre? The wiki seems to suggest it would.

Of course, also spells that golems use.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info