New Jewels for Traps

Mine builds are vastly underrated. I have one in standard that I have been tinkering with for quite awhile. Can clear high tier maps pretty handily and atziri for those who care about that. That being said mines do need some love.

The worst change they ever made for mines was not having them drop at your feet when you used the skill. Having the character move to the mouse pointer or holding down shift is awful. No other skill besides melee attacks does that. I believe it was an attempt at helping newbies figure out how to use the skill and move but it ruined the experience for the rest of us. In addition, on kill effects need to apply to mines. Life on kill seems almost tailor made for mines since we do have to detonate the mines why can't we enjoy the on kill effect?

I would also love to see some other interesting interactions with mines as well as some uniques that support them like a belt!
Last edited by BananaJams on Feb 17, 2016, 10:30:37 PM
"
Artasqweroldy wrote:

Yeah, but the issue is single target DPS which would be way too high without cd..
Nerfing trap DPS would be possible to fix that but i dont like that idea either cause this would just take away that special trap feeling. Im currently playing a poison bladefall trapper and i can assure you my clearspeed is quite sufficient as I OHK entire screens with a single bladefall multitrap. I think to improve clearspeed they should buff multitrap a little bit and increase the overaall AOE of traps instead. Although I agree that traps dont progress as nicely as other builds do with spent currency...
But the concept as it is now is really fun to play as it feels different than your usual self cast spam build. Removing the CD would just take that away.

Ok i understand, but cannot make my mind away from the fact that some people dps (i don't know how they do, the max dps of my experience is 30k ^.^'''') is sufficient to melt uber vaals in seconds (Doeboy ranger, scold VMS builds etc) :/ I just think GGG should simply let people have fun instead of posing limits on limits on limits.... :/
I am not entirely sure where these jewels are aimed at, to be absolutely honest. Most of the time trappers get inc trigger radius from the tree anyways, and half decent rares seem to outclass these uniques in the current meta by far. We don't know what changes will be coming to traps in general, but I don't see any trapper wanting one of these more than a good rare jewel.

When I now think about the saboteur ascendancy class with it's chain reaction node, along with cluster traps, these gems seem to be aimed rather at character classes which have no access to the shadow's ascendancy tree (Not counting unstable payload here).

I can see use for "hair trigger" in pvp however, especially with puncture traps and the likes. I could be wrong, but in low level pvp that trigger radius increase is massive, because you can't get these amounts from the tree by that time.

Speaking of unstable payload, to me it seems the most viable when used with cluster traps, which is a support gem we know next to nothing about, other than it will exist in the near future. I daresay however, that people may want two of those jewels placed on their trees, to make it work somewhat consistantly with cluster traps. I would also like to know how conc effect is going to play a role when it comes to cluster traps and chain reaction.

As of now, trappers seem to be very specific about what they want from jewels, which boils down to trap damage, aoe damage, life, and a fourth mod is more like an added bonus from what I've learned.

The current state of things is that trappers by all means want and need their traps to be reliable, because of their limited available uses, so these jewels do not seem to be that desireable at the moment.

Sure you may call a whiner for saying what I just did, but the fact remains that these jewels do not exactly represent what trappers at higher levels are looking for.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
+ 2x of the reduced duration jewels + Mirror arrow + trap + multiple traps = The most epic summoner to ever see the light of day!
Last edited by LankeOnLuck Yesterday, 2016 11:26 AM
"
Torontocanada wrote:
If i use 100% reduced trap duration, will i be able to take increase skill effect duration passives and still have grenade traps?

Judging from the insta-det build I put together this league with Warped Timepiece and Rapid Decay gems, those stats should be additive with regular duration nodes from the tree. If you're using something like Multi or Cluster, though, you may want more than two for the extra traps (insta-det is not quite actually instant, it is possible to cancel traps with enough throw speed), in which case you could offset a bit of duration from the tree. For example, if you wanted the Entropy node (27% chaos damage, 5% duration) in Shadow start, you could slot in an extra jewel to keep traps on 0 seconds. Going to be really expensive in terms of nodes/jewel sockets for more than 10 or 20 % added duration, though.
Last edited by Wee_Mad_Hamish on Feb 20, 2016, 12:36:06 AM
"
BananaJams wrote:
The worst change they ever made for mines was not having them drop at your feet when you used the skill. Having the character move to the mouse pointer or holding down shift is awful. No other skill besides melee attacks does that. I believe it was an attempt at helping newbies figure out how to use the skill and move but it ruined the experience for the rest of us. In addition, on kill effects need to apply to mines. Life on kill seems almost tailor made for mines since we do have to detonate the mines why can't we enjoy the on kill effect?

Laying mines at feet: yes please.

Also, what's with the 50% more mana cost on mine support gem which gives 30-49% damage. We already have to take the time to set them up, then detonate. Making them cost insane mana is very harsh early game, esp when self cast spells are one-shotting packs with spell echo making them MORE mana efficient.
"
WxsOnline wrote:
"
BananaJams wrote:

Laying mines at feet: yes please.

Also, what's with the 50% more mana cost on mine support gem which gives 30-49% damage. We already have to take the time to set them up, then detonate. Making them cost insane mana is very harsh early game, esp when self cast spells are one-shotting packs with spell echo making them MORE mana efficient.

The mana multiplier is really bad on trap/mine. Hopefully they will lower the mana cost of trap/mine a lot.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info