[2.4.0] Tanky RF Elementalist mjolner witch, volls not required

how would you change this build if you started from maurader instead of witch?

(I have a character i want to transition into it but am not sure what to change
Hey, I just respecc'd my existing Mjolner character to this, trying to put together the gear to fix my resistances. (I was running purity of lightning so my lightning res is tanked now) From what I've played with it so far, it seems really fun! I did notice that you're using increased burning damage on your righteous fire, but you'll actually deal a little bit more damage using the new gem Elemental Focus. At level 20, it gives 49% more elemental damage, which leads to slightly higher damage than Increased Burning Damage of the same level. Obviously this isn't actually super important, because, yknow, it's not the primary damage source. But if you're looking to get every point of damage you can, it's probably worth it. The increase in damage won't really be noticeable until you get %ele damage on jewels or gear, but that's about as common as %lightning damage, so I think it's probably worth doing. (It was a very small increase running the numbers at the base on the skill tree, but the more increased damage you have, of course, the bigger the gap becomes.)

Thanks for the awesome build! BTW I'm running this on scion, and I'm not sure what to get. I know I want to go marauder for either Juggernaut to get a big tank buff or Berserker for huge damage and leech, but would Elementalist be best as the second? I can't quite figure it out. Without a lightning golem it seems kinda awkward to use that third ability, with it only increasing fire damage. 5% penetration is obviously nice, and it makes me a little tankier against ele damage. Slayer was something else that caught my eye, though. 15% attack and cast speed while leeching, which the build is essentially ALWAYS doing, seems like a really good way to go. In fact, with righteous fire up, we essentially never cap on life, so leech wouldn't be particularly like to even stop. What are your thoughts?
Heey, what map tier are you able to clear for now?
Hey I've been playing your build and it's pretty great, but I've almost maxed out your tree. What do you think someone should get after finishing your tree? Fill out the scion health wheel?
Looks like this guy stopped working on this build.
Oh my God, I have never played a build this bad at leveling. This has been absolutely the most miserable experience of all my time in PoE. Jesus.
"
I did notice that you're using increased burning damage on your righteous fire, but you'll actually deal a little bit more damage using the new gem Elemental Focus. At level 20, it gives 49% more elemental damage, which leads to slightly higher damage than Increased Burning Damage of the same level.

i will have to try that, thanks for pointing that out

"
Thanks for the awesome build! BTW I'm running this on scion, and I'm not sure what to get. I know I want to go marauder for either Juggernaut to get a big tank buff or Berserker for huge damage and leech, but would Elementalist be best as the second? I can't quite figure it out. Without a lightning golem it seems kinda awkward to use that third ability, with it only increasing fire damage. 5% penetration is obviously nice, and it makes me a little tankier against ele damage. Slayer was something else that caught my eye, though. 15% attack and cast speed while leeching, which the build is essentially ALWAYS doing, seems like a really good way to go. In fact, with righteous fire up, we essentially never cap on life, so leech wouldn't be particularly like to even stop. What are your thoughts?

Probably a bit late (ive been distracted last couple weeks), but i would probably go for berserker and slayer. The berserker will give a substantial quantity of leech, and the slayer gives 15% attack speed while leeching (as well as a great damage bonus vs uniques). Attack speed is probably the best way to boost damage for this build, so that combo seems pretty amazing. The berzerker leech may even be enough to drop the leech gem out of mjolner and get an iron will, which is a huge damage boost. Honestly if i were to remake this build i would probably do that

trickster also seems decent in a cheesy kind of way. Assuming that RF counts as damage over time, you could use it to get 30% increased life gain, as well as the damage increase for not being at full ES
Last edited by sagiterios on Mar 28, 2016, 5:07:58 PM
"
Ejdzej wrote:
Looks like this guy stopped working on this build.

havnt stopped, but yeah have slowed down. Mostly been using it to farm atziri/izaro, only doing occasional maps. Been making a kinetic wander since ascendancy came out along with a couple other experiments
Last edited by sagiterios on Mar 28, 2016, 5:13:43 PM
"
Hey I've been playing your build and it's pretty great, but I've almost maxed out your tree. What do you think someone should get after finishing your tree? Fill out the scion health wheel?

More health is always a good choice. You could also consider getting the area nodes near templar or maby the Berserking node if you are feeling adventurous
Update this for the 2.3 patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info