No poratls for party events

Please make it for all party events.

People who are playing in well-organized party already have enormous advantage over solo players basically resulting in low effort points and demigods. There is no competition in such events at all.

No portals mode is reducing that advantage by a solid amount which is increasing competition.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
+1 for the idea. Solo players atm have no chance in party races.
"
kefirhl wrote:

People who are playing in well-organized party already have enormous advantage over solo players basically resulting in low effort points and demigods. There is no competition in such events at all.
So how about you start your own well-organized race party to increase competition? There should also be events that reward minmaxed efficient party play.

"
Wiseman wrote:

It's called party race for a reason.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:

So how about you start your own well-organized race party to increase competition? There should also be events that reward minmaxed efficient party play.

"
Wiseman wrote:

It's called party race for a reason.

I see what you are saying but it's an impossible task, there is simply not enough players, and I don't like to be forced to socialize in order to be competitive. I personally don't like people in general and I don't think that I should be forced to sacrifice my fun, just to compete.

Most of sports and competitive disciplines reward a team not every individual player in a team, most games have separate ladders for team games.

Old teams benefit from these events and they would like to keep them to earn free effortless demigods. It's some sort of hazing in poe where they want to keep their superior positions just for the fact that they've started playing poe earlier, when layouts are changing I hear them dislike changes because they can't benefit from older knowledge and they have to do same job as everyone else to learn them.
"
kefirhl wrote:
I don't think that I should be forced to sacrifice my fun, just to compete.

If you dislike partyraces then simply don't participate in them. You can reach your 500 points wihtout playing a single party race.

"
kefirhl wrote:
Most of sports and competitive disciplines reward a team not every individual player in a team, most games have separate ladders for team games.

And that's why ~90% of the races are solo.

"
kefirhl wrote:
Old teams benefit from these events and they would like to keep them to earn free effortless demigods.

It's true that established teams have a great advantage, but it's far from being a free Demi, especially during races where the EU and NA racing teams clash against each other.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:
I don't think that I should be forced to sacrifice my fun, just to compete.

If you dislike partyraces then simply don't participate in them. You can reach your 500 points wihtout playing a single party race.

"
kefirhl wrote:

And that's why ~90% of the races are solo.

"
kefirhl wrote:
Old teams benefit from these events and they would like to keep them to earn free effortless demigods.

It's true that established teams have a great advantage, but it's far from being a free Demi, especially during races where the EU and NA racing teams clash against each other.

Don't think we operate same terms here, 500 points is not a hard goal, but top20 is. And there is quite a lot of people who been carried in there just because of party races. If I would skip then I wouldn't have a chance at all. But you are right, I have a choice and I'm not participating in party events but playing them solo.

They are just stupid, it's not a competition of skill, it's a competition of whoever team got more players for the time of race. There was never full team vs full team action, so even there it's just a pathetic farce when parts of teams are there. It's not even fun to watch.

Also about 90% being solo, I think it's more like 80-85%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info