What is the radius of 'nearby'?

I could not find any information on this, would be nice if someone could ask a dev about this. Several ascendancy classes have 'while nearby' effect, but it's hard to evaluate if they are worth it without knowing the actual (unit) range. If this is the wrong forum please move it to the right one! Thanks :)
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2017, 2:31:36 PM
bump, because week seems to have started in NZ
Tested that mod only on Dying Breath and it's almost screen-wide, something like 70 units.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Tested that mod only on Dying Breath and it's almost screen-wide, something like 70 units.

interesting, I think thats how the eclipse wand is worded and that is very short range I think?

Maybe its just another term for "in a radius" where its not specific.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
raics wrote:

interesting, I think thats how the eclipse wand is worded and that is very short range I think?

Maybe its just another term for "in a radius" where its not specific.

Yeah, or Dying Breath is just a screwup, if that's 'nearby' I have no idea where 'faraway' fits on the screen. On the other hand, eclipse radius would probably be too small for that Champion's inspiration notable so it may be some other value again. Yeah, they should probably give us the exact number in descriptions.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
see, its stuff like this that I love to show the GGG fanbois when the say "everything in this game works exactly how it says it does". There's tons of crap in this game that is not clear at all. Pisses me off when someone chimes in with some know-it-all smart-alec answer.

To the OP, I've been using VInktars' flask which also has the "nearby" tag on it, it only visibly shows up on enemies that are pretty close to me. Definitely no where near the edge of the screen. I have no Increased AOE supports, though.
Dying Breath used to be smaller, but 2.0 buffed it up to 75 - and apparently Leer Cast has a 'nearby' range of 75 too. 'Nearby' not a fixed or even a vague value, annoyingly...

@Xaxarius: it does work exactly how it says it does - that doesn't mean it explains literally everything, it means it doesn't do anything it doesn't say a single god damn thing about.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 14, 2016, 7:10:52 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

@Xaxarius: it does work exactly how it says it does - that doesn't mean it explains literally everything, it means it doesn't do anything it doesn't say a single god damn thing about.

whatever, fanboi :)

sure, it says it affects "nearby" enemies but then it's not clear what "nearby" means. I can't think of an example at the moment to more clearly represent the issue I intend, but this one is very much related to it.
It would be great if you guys could stop battling and focus on the subject.
It seems no devs ever read the official forums, my post is just moved around for even less visibility. Alright, I'll ask on reddit and hope to get an answer there.
Nearby is not a specific measurement, nor is it intended to be. Using the term "nearby" indicates that and effect is limited by a radius, as opposed to globally affecting everything. The specific radius in question varies depending on the effect.

Currently the Ascendancy nodes that grant auras all have radii of 40, but this value is not yet final and might change.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 15, 2016, 5:00:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info