Muted for no reason

So, I was leveling a fresh Ranger, just running through the Upper Prison, when suddenly, Des_GGG whispered me with the usual copy-pasted message about hate speech, then proceeded to mute me.

I have not said anything in chat.

Aside from a short remark on the LoL discussion that was going on at the moment, which was inoffensive compared to the usual daily Global chat grind, I have said nothing in the past hour before I got wrongly muted.

That is to say, unless Des here is particularly fond of League and took my remark personally.
k...email them? they won't do anything about it through the forums, but in the case of mutes it's because of several people reporting you at which point you are moderated.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 12, 2016, 2:04:50 PM
Oh man, this is rich.

So I got reported by enough butthurt League fanboys to warrant a half-hour mute.

10/10, would make manchildren fume with anger again.
Hi There,

To clarify, we would not mute somebody just because they were reported. If a mute was placed on the account, it's because our Code of Conduct was breached. Generally speaking, a 30 minute mute means either it's not your first offence, or it was quite a severe breach.

If you'd like to discuss it with us, you can contact us at support@grindinggear.com.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Feb 12, 2016, 2:09:31 PM
Yeah, totally.

Because people never get muted for expressing opinions that rustle the mods jimmies.

sarcasm
There's expressing opinion and expressing opinion and being a twat about it, if you are overly rude/swearing, racist, sexist then sure as fuck you are getting a mute and looking at the responses you've given so far i'll be siding with the moderators on a justified mute
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
on the topic of rustled jimmies.. it sounds like you really need this.. so without further ado

shhh no tears.. only dreams

http://rustledjimmies.com/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info