Possible solution for package loss

Hi there!

I've been trying to connect to the game for some time already, but have been facing this common problem many people are: dc for package loss. After trying many things with firewall, google dns, flush, restarting the router, etc., I was almost giving up this game (which I like a lot!). Today I tried to search solutions for this type of problem on external sources and ended up finding this program:

http://speedify.com/

I'm not an expert on this subject, so forgive any mistakes when I try to describe it: Speedify is a program that brings the access to many VPN servers that exchanges security network procedures for speed and reliability (which solves the huge loss of package). I downloaded it, tried and stopped suffering from the frequent disconnects when, for example, accessing instances. Also could log in easily, while before I got lots of "unable to connect to server". Was able to play through 7 or 8 instances without any problems.

The software has a free acount that allows you to use up to 1gb of data through their servers, which I believe it is enough if we only use it to play games (like PoE). So, in such context, the program is free. Unfortunately, the procedure of using a VPN server messes up a little with our latency, but it's not much for the bonus of being able to play the game.

Since I'm from Brazil, Speedify chose to me a server on São Paulo. Since PoE has a server there, I couldn't notice any difference on ping (although the ping on other servers was almost doubled). I didn't try it, but the logical conclusion is that picking the VPN server closest to the PoE server you want to play is the best procedure.

I'm an amateur on this network subject, so forgive me if I made any mistakes. Since I found this solution and it worked flawlessly for me, I hope that other people can enjoy it as well.
Last edited by Ediporei222 on Feb 10, 2016, 9:15:11 PM
nice that the vpn solution solved your problem.

i don't know speedify but in general there are only a handful of free programs, setting up a vpn server infrastructure and paying for data cost them money which they will eventually get from you.
if not directly by displaying adds, they often sell the data which you send them to agencies who analyze user behaviour.

so don't forget to close the vpn if you finished gaming ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info