[2.4] CI CoC Discharge by Rico (barely reanimated)

Hey my gear is pretty good so far. I can do twinned daresso and twinned kaom with decent mods on it quite easily. Do you think I am ready for uber with my current gear?

Gear:

Spoiler

Cheers Blood :)
Has anyone here got to level 80+ as Shadow Trickster, Witch Occultist, and Scion Assassin/Beserker and have opinions on which is best and why? I've seen posts in other threads from people giving their opinions, but haven't seen anyone state they have actually tried all 3.

I'm asking because I currently play this as a Scion and love it, but thinking of switching to Trickster or Occultist so I can try a different build on my scion. If it matters, I don't currently have a Voll's devotion so I use blasphemy+warlords. Will be same on whichever character I switch to unless I get lucky on my next 342 agate ammy chancing trip.
"
stoudtlr wrote:
Has anyone here got to level 80+ as Shadow Trickster, Witch Occultist, and Scion Assassin/Beserker and have opinions on which is best and why? I've seen posts in other threads from people giving their opinions, but haven't seen anyone state they have actually tried all 3.

I'm asking because I currently play this as a Scion and love it, but thinking of switching to Trickster or Occultist so I can try a different build on my scion. If it matters, I don't currently have a Voll's devotion so I use blasphemy+warlords. Will be same on whichever character I switch to unless I get lucky on my next 342 agate ammy chancing trip.

Hi

So far i ve tried trickster and occultist and i have to say occultist is way better.
When you get outdamaged and cant leech just get out of fight and you re full es again because of the insane es reg from occultist that + free powercharge makes it the better choise in my opinion.
I didnt try scion just yet but I probably will in the future.

Cheers Blood
"
Mist3rBlood wrote:

Hi

So far i ve tried trickster and occultist and i have to say occultist is way better.
When you get outdamaged and cant leech just get out of fight and you re full es again because of the insane es reg from occultist that + free powercharge makes it the better choise in my opinion.
I didnt try scion just yet but I probably will in the future.

Cheers Blood

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll give the witch version a try then. The consensus seems to be that the biggest benefit to Trickster is gearing due to not needing elreon rings, but I've already got those since I'm currently rolling as a Scion so that benefit is moot for me.
Love this build ! wouldnt normally level character pass 92 but this time, I just keep going !
Last edited by Alizae on Apr 19, 2016, 11:39:33 PM
Maybe these are stupid questions but I'll still ask them :D

Why are you increased duration gems so low level when they can be max with CWDT ?

Why are you using life regen on items when a node disables it ?

Thank you for your answers
Why you pick Annihilation cluster in Witch starting area?
It provides us 115% Inc. crit. strikes and 15% Crit. Multi for Spells. But Cyclone crit chance doesn't scale from it.

One could argue that it's still a nice boost to the Discharge, which is a main source of our DPS. However, with 6 power charges/good (not necessary GG) Dagger/2 Diamond rings you already reach crit-cap even with Cyclone (and not to mention that we have Doomcast and Arcane Potency, so for spells we are already far beyond crit-cap), so all this crit chance is wasted.

I think, you can find a much better investment if those points, like Throatseeker cluster for pure Multi (and dmg), additional jewel socket or charge (not sure which one is better tho).

P.S. Intuitive Leap in Faith and Steel cluster looks pretty good. It costs 7 skill points, and we get +1 Endurance charge, +1 Power charge, and Faith and Steel. You can get Power chrage for 3 point in another side of tree, so the difference is about +1 endurance chrage and Faith and Steel for 4 points, which is quite nice.
Last edited by tasselhof on Apr 28, 2016, 9:53:39 AM
"
Why are you increased duration gems so low level when they can be max with CWDT ?

Because of str requirements.

"
Why you pick Annihilation cluster in Witch starting area?
It provides us 115% Inc. crit. strikes and 15% Crit. Multi for Spells. But Cyclone crit chance doesn't scale from it... so all this crit chance is wasted.

Blade Vortex however does scale with it to generate more constant and solid max power charges. So you must take that under account. However this is not night and day difference so you can optimise build the way you feel is right.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
How to deal with mana issues?

With two +8 mana rings lvl 1 Cyclone costs 9 mana.
After all reservations I have 22 mana left, with 2 lvl 3 Enlightens.

I run out of mana like 20-30 times per map, sometimes in the middle of packs of mobs, to the point where it decreases clearspeed and survivability.

This is with 2 jewels that give +2 mana on hit each.

Also, OP as hell is quite a relative assessment.

Build is really strong defensively and can tank through most boss attacks, but in terms of killing power it doesn't even come close to a VMS build.

Update - actually managed to solve mana issues - dropped the whole lvl 24 purity idea and removed one purity. Not having Empower on auras frees up plenty of mana.

Running Ele weakness + Warlords in Heretic's Veil, plus PoL and Disc.

Dropping LL gem allowed to slot in Inc AoE (Conc for bosses), which significantly increases clearspeed, I'll probably never go back to not running it, the difference is huge.

Dual purities is still the way to go for red maps though.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 2, 2016, 2:26:00 AM
"
How to deal with mana issues?

At least -14 from both Elreons, Deep Thoughts from the tree, one +2 mana gained on hit jevel, 30% reduced mana reservation from the tree. No mana issues at all. This setup can run lvl 21 puritys empowered to lvl 23, HoI and Discipline altogether with one lvl 3 Enlighten, one lvl 2 Enlighten raised with The Vertex to lvl 3 or 2 x lvl 3 Enlighten with rare es helmet.

Droping lvl 23 puritys is not something that I would recommend doing. You loose quite a bit max resitances. Lvl 23 puritys with 40% aura effectiveness gives +7% max.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 3, 2016, 2:50:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info