Block vs spell/attack dodge

My level 89 dual wield bino cycloner has had a hell of a time grinding from 89-90. I switched out my doryanis catalyst for a 1700 evasion, all res, life shield. It puts my evasion rating upto 41% chance to evade attacks. My dodge atks is 46% and my dodge spell is 30%.

My question is, the chance to block is 19%, does anyone know if this sheet number is already impacted by the Acrobatic keystone? And if it is already affected then is 19% chance to block worth the 10k dps I lose from equipping a shield? I am still able to clear T11-12 maps haven't tried anything higher.

Thanks
"
BwenR wrote:
My level 89 dual wield bino cycloner has had a hell of a time grinding from 89-90. I switched out my doryanis catalyst for a 1700 evasion, all res, life shield. It puts my evasion rating upto 41% chance to evade attacks. My dodge atks is 46% and my dodge spell is 30%.

My question is, the chance to block is 19%, does anyone know if this sheet number is already impacted by the Acrobatic keystone? And if it is already affected then is 19% chance to block worth the 10k dps I lose from equipping a shield? I am still able to clear T11-12 maps haven't tried anything higher.

Thanks

Yes, the block is reduced by acro when listed on your character sheet. I think its worth the dps loss if your dps is already 100,000 and if youre struggling to level up due to defense issues.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
As posted above it is already calculated pm on your defense sheet. I tried out the same build with binos and soul taker. And while it is strong, its unreliable in damage mitigaiton because there is no doubt that you will get hit while pure evasion,dodge based. Ive tried a few evasion based melees and it always ends in disappointment as you will frolicking through the packs having a blast cycloning everything having a blast. Then one day an EK caster will pop and rek your day. Its up to you though. I prefer to run a hybrid of armour/evasion. Ive a melee splash domination blow character that has 50% armour resistance and 23% evasion with 36block. Some times ill swap rumis out for a damage flask but together ar/eva are quite strong.
I would highly suggest you go with an armor based shield and take shield defense node in addition to lightning coil.

Physical damage is out of control at the moment.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
universal777 wrote:
As posted above it is already calculated pm on your defense sheet. I tried out the same build with binos and soul taker. And while it is strong, its unreliable in damage mitigaiton because there is no doubt that you will get hit while pure evasion,dodge based. Ive tried a few evasion based melees and it always ends in disappointment as you will frolicking through the packs having a blast cycloning everything having a blast. Then one day an EK caster will pop and rek your day. Its up to you though. I prefer to run a hybrid of armour/evasion. Ive a melee splash domination blow character that has 50% armour resistance and 23% evasion with 36block. Some times ill swap rumis out for a damage flask but together ar/eva are quite strong.

Yeah good point. What I ended up doing after posting this was swapping my abyssus out for a Starkjonas helm which gives me 50% dmg reduction aswell as 50% increased evasion when low on life. That increased physical dmg taken % on the abyssus just f***ing rekt me. The build guide I somewhat followed seemed to be purely focused on the sheet DPS. Thanks for your advice I will look into armour/evas hybrid if this doesnt work out.
"
BwenR wrote:

Yeah good point. What I ended up doing after posting this was swapping my abyssus out for a Starkjonas helm which gives me 50% dmg reduction aswell as 50% increased evasion when low on life. That increased physical dmg taken % on the abyssus just f***ing rekt me. The build guide I somewhat followed seemed to be purely focused on the sheet DPS. Thanks for your advice I will look into armour/evas hybrid if this doesnt work out.

Uhm, i think that 50% reduced damage from starkonja's refers to the damage you do, not the damage taken.
"
Effreti wrote:
Uhm, i think that 50% reduced damage from starkonja's refers to the damage you do, not the damage taken.

Correct; the description does not use the word 'Taken'. Would be pretty ridiculous if it halved the Damage you take :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Effreti wrote:

Correct; the description does not use the word 'Taken'. Would be pretty ridiculous if it halved the Damage you take :P

Makes sense now xD
If you wish to purchase some gloves/boots with evasion, I'd go to poe.trade and look for gloves that have an open slot to master craft flat evasion or flat armour for whatever you choose those slots to be.
You can snipe some nice gear for cheap and mastercraft whatever mod you need as long as there is an open suffix/prefix available for your needs.

For example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info