Best place to farm XP level 70+?

I've heard multiple answers, Dried lake/Aquaduct/Mines/Lunaris etc., where do you guys find the best place to grind XP post 70?
The advantages of Dried Lake are that there is less downtime because it's huge and has almost no dead ends, that it rewards builds with huge AoE much more, and that it is very safe. I think for many builds it's much of a muchness which Act 4 spot you farm in theory, but Dried Lake is the most brainless and has the highest potential xp/hour, so I do that.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I agree with viperesque on dried lake. Also, it's nearly only physical damage, so you can go there with very little elemental res, which is very handy for MF builds.
But for xp, I personally just don't bother and go to maps asap.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"

Interesting. I usually start mapping at about level 75 (which is when the xp penalty kicks in for Dried Lake), and I always observe my xp/hour drop by 20-50% depending on my build. I assume this is because I make much more of an effort to full clear maps.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"

Also. Maps maybe aren't the pinnacle of entertainment but spending the evening farming dried lake is the perfect way to temporarily snuff out the will to live out of myself. So it's maps as soon as I get my hands on a few T1s to slowly start it from the bottom up.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Before Act4 was released, I farmed Piety up until it became a zone over 10 levels below my character level. Now with act4, farming The Harvest is pretty good (up until low 80s). The Hoarder divination card also drops from there which makes it a plus. Creating a path that covers the whole map, with the least amount of back-tracking, is easy after a few runs.
If it weren't for this asshole, I would farm the shit out of A4 Merc Kaom's Path.

It's a lvl68 zone (like a T1 map) and it's pretty much firey Ledge. It's a straight path with a waypoint on one end (start of Kaom's Stronghold), drops Battle Born div card for unique axes, is filled with Inua piñatas, and doing anything other than fire damage hits nearly every enemy in the zone for full effectiveness.

But... then there's this fucking asshole who just ruins everything. He's worse than getting coal on Christmas, and makes the zone 100% not worth farming single-handedly.

I still don't even know how to guard against his insane damage. Is it Physical? Fire? Chaos? A little of all 3? And it's like 2-5k base damage per projectile...?

Maybe Arrow Dodging for double evasion or Titucius' Span for easy 48% block chance would help. I don't know. Fuck Triskeriratiasatkkraktroktstkraii.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 8, 2016, 11:24:17 PM
farming dried lake is good because of the mob density , but unless you do a ton of voll farming you wont be taking advantage of its core selling point : the brittle emperor...

i like farming aqueducts till 75-76 from 68 because that usually is enough levels for a full set of humility to drop. but at this stage of the leagues that seems unnecessary.

Id go maps for if nothing else the fact that you can cheaply increase your drops by good 30 -40% over just running normal areas
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 9, 2016, 8:25:01 AM
BIRDMAP (aka tropical island)
"
pneuma wrote:
If it weren't for this asshole, I would farm the shit out of A4 Merc Kaom's Path.

It's a lvl68 zone (like a T1 map) and it's pretty much firey Ledge. It's a straight path with a waypoint on one end (start of Kaom's Stronghold), drops Battle Born div card for unique axes, is filled with Inua piñatas, and doing anything other than fire damage hits nearly every enemy in the zone for full effectiveness.

But... then there's this fucking asshole who just ruins everything. He's worse than getting coal on Christmas, and makes the zone 100% not worth farming single-handedly.

I still don't even know how to guard against his insane damage. Is it Physical? Fire? Chaos? A little of all 3? And it's like 2-5k base damage per projectile...?

Maybe Arrow Dodging for double evasion or Titucius' Span for easy 48% block chance would help. I don't know. Fuck Triskeriratiasatkkraktroktstkraii.

That guy is on a dead end side path, so surely easy to avoid? I find the unique fire totems more of a problem, they can hit you from a long way away with severe damage. Fine with a bow character, not so good with a slow, lumbering melee character....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info