This is not supposed to happen........right?

I've played this game a lot and one thing I never had problem with was mapping. I don't know, maybe my goal just never was to do tier 14-15 all day, I was quite content with the tier 9-12 I got. I was running them with some rarity on my equipment and I was pretty happy with the results - levels and some good items. It was the same during this season.

Then all of a sudden I decided to make a magic find build with quantity because I keep hearing how much better quantity is for finding orbs and maps. I am at 45% quantity now, 270% rarity.....and I am all out of maps.

The pool has ended, in a week I exhausted all of my tier 7+ maps, for 3 days I seem incapable of going above tier 7 at all when a map drop, I was lucky only a couple of times and even then that stopped soon enough. Out of the dozens of maps I did I only got a double tier 8+ drop once.

Now I know what you are thinking, am I doing them white? Nope, I always alch them and they turn out to give me 100%+ more items almost all the time with some good map density.

Its not like I am lacking on the map drops either, sometimes I get 5-6, but as you might have guessed they hard stop at tier 7, everything above tier 7 seems impossible to get.

I finally caved in and bought a tier 12 map, chaosed it, chiseled it, did it by the book. And guess what I got? Thats right, 2 tier 7 maps. Well, that was cute. Its like the game is telling me no, even though you are supposed to get more map drops you wont ever get a high tier map to run. The RNG has closed its doors.

So here I am, running tier 8 maps by combining three tier 7 maps fully aware that I'll eventually run out of tier 7 maps and will just stop playing until the new season hits.

An RNG this bad should not be possible but I am currently going through it with no change in sight.
IIQ from gear doesn't increase map drops nor from extra party members, only map IIQ and pack size. Some times i notice that 1 day or two gives literally no map drops, then suddenly maps starts to flood in. That maybe be cheaply explained as rng is rng, but that's an odd way it works.

So from now on im just checking when that flood starts, and only then doing high content. Kinda worked.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Feb 8, 2016, 5:38:30 AM
Maps are for fundies and noobs.

If you truly want great items and tier 1 rares and uniques you are suppose to trade.

No matter how much quantity and rarity you can stack, RNG still controls everything...

If you have trouble sustaining map pool just run them in full group (without retarded people), which is stupidly faceroll, and drops much much better items.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 8, 2016, 5:50:19 AM
no chisel? hmm...
Tier 8+ is only for people chasing level 100 anyway. If all you're trying to do is make money, tier 7 and 8 is around where the breakpoint is. Past that you're losing more money by putting the map in the machine than you would gain by selling the map to begin with.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
Tier 8+ is only for people chasing level 100 anyway. If all you're trying to do is make money, tier 7 and 8 is around where the breakpoint is. Past that you're losing more money by putting the map in the machine than you would gain by selling the map to begin with.

I agree. It's better, at least in my opinion, if you stash all tier 14/15 maps and sell them for exalts.
I do magic find and leveling at the same time. Nothing wrong with that I believe? Furthermore I don't need any more currency, I already have the character I desire, I am running maps for the hell of it and to reach level 96(never reached it before). I mean why cant I do both, its not like I am killing mobs slowly or something.

Of course as it stands I'll run out of tier 7 maps anyway and retire the character. Buying maps when I am supposed to be getting more of them seems incredibly redundant.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Feb 8, 2016, 8:16:01 PM
IIQ is a trap. It has never done anything other than give me stupid amounts of wisdom/portal scrolls. It strangely seems to inhibit GOOD currency and map drops. Thats just from my personal observations over two years. It's only with 100+ IIQ (no longer obtainable) that you can see major positive differences.
"
IIQ is a trap. It has never done anything other than give me stupid amounts of wisdom/portal scrolls. It strangely seems to inhibit GOOD currency and map drops. Thats just from my personal observations over two years. It's only with 100+ IIQ (no longer obtainable) that you can see major positive differences.

I made a new finder based on iiq in standard (sadima, goldwyrm, iiq gem and some crap gear for a total of 120%). I got 2 exalts, 1 divine, 2 dapper prodigy and 4 celestial justicar in 2 days (6-7h total)
"

WELL, quantity above 50% means you're getting loot as though there are two of you doesnt it? Last time i checked that equates to more everything. Id imagine 100% iiq would mean you'd be finding GOOD items in half the time. What amount of time is that exactly? Only RNGesus knows.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info