Question about Blade Vortex: Auras.

I'm about to play a Crit Poison Blade Vortex Shadow.

Now I'm wondering if it would still be better to simply use Hatred + Assassines Mark@Blasphemy or go dual curse with Assassines Mark + Vulnurability@Blasphemy since Vulnurability would do two things for me: Lower enemies def. to deal more dmg. + inc. dot from poison.
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Well Hatred would allow you to freeze monsters, it'll be a nice defensive aspect.
I would not use hatred with blade vortex. The best build we have with this spell so far has been Cybil's paw+mind over matter.

For this matter we can use at most one curse-aura and leaving the rest of the mana pool for arctic armour as well as mind over matter.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I would not use hatred with blade vortex. The best build we have with this spell so far has been Cybil's paw+mind over matter.

For this matter we can use at most one curse-aura and leaving the rest of the mana pool for arctic armour as well as mind over matter.

This is a pretty good combination indeed. But for crit I would certainly dual wield Divinarius.
To OP: I wouldn't run neither Hatred nor Herald of Ash as they wouldn't affect your poison damage. There are better ways to spend your mana. Arctic Armour is perfectly suited for Blade Vortex builds since you'll be standing still in a pack of mobs casting BV. You could also think about using to Blashphemy auras, Vulnerability and Warlord's Mark. If you're not running Warlord's Mark you'd most likely need to link Life Steal to BV.
I have two BV chars; both use poison as a skill link.

The crit based one uses Hatred and Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy (you'll need the sustain. stunning also happens a lot to keep you safe). This char uses divinarius + shield.

Other char (Aegis) uses a Cybil's paw, and has Grace and Vulnerability on Blasphemy for auras.

For whoever said you stand still and cast, this is generally incorrect. You should be stutter stepping and casting (ie take a few steps, cast, repeat) while in a mob.

Taking any nodes that specifically target poison is a poor choice. Scale the phys damage and the poison will follow just from the dmg on the support (the shadow combo nodes are very desirable though).

Best DBS combo would be Hatred + Vulnerability, but I've found that I've needed more tankiness to be able to survive at higher levels.

Also, be wary; the skill crit particles cause a lot of people to get screen freezes on big packs.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info