CI CoC Cyclone | Strongest Variant | Facetank and Carry [2.1]

Welcome to my CI CoC cyclone discharge build! I know there are a ton of discharge builds out there, but I strongly believe this is the strongest CoC variant in the game. It combines many unique mechanics to create insane DPS and tankiness.

Pros:
Spoiler
+Can carry any party regardless of monster life, map tier, or amount of party members
+Insane single target DPS
+Able to facetank almost all content
+100% flask uptime
+Easy to buy/craft jewels
+High mobility with whirling blaades/cyclone
+Kills mobs in less discharges resulting in less lag
+537 crit multi + 91.5% crit chance on discharge
+Crit capped cyclone
+8k ES and higher

Cons:
Spoiler
-Can't run ele reflect or blood magic maps
-Will die to bad flask management
-Expensiveish
-Makes other builds feel weak :(

The tree

My gear:
Spoiler

This is pretty top end gear and the +1 volls chest and ammy are nice but obviously not required. The essential requirements for this build are: 6l volls chest, volls ammy, double -8 elreon diamond rings, and a crafted out vagan dagger. The rest of the gear is ES based and the gloves should be either maligaros or acuity. I prefer maligaros due to the +1 gems and the extra crit chance, attack speed, and multi.

-+1 endurance charge on the belt is a luxury but very nice
-aim for at least 300 es on shield - spell damage + spell crit preferred
-if your dagger doesn't have flat cold damage to attack, craft it on a diamond ring
-I'm planning on getting some high ES 30% MS boots but I don't have the currency currently

Stats - DPS + Defense
Spoiler

Damage
http://imgur.com/JSqagkt
Defense - With flasks
http://imgur.com/7m1E0FG

Blade vortex vs Ice Nova
Spoiler

I do not use blade vortex in my 6l as I have a 3l setup of: increased duration, lvl1 CWDT, and 1.20 blade vortex. This performs nearly as well as it being in the 6l as 1 blade spinning will provide endless max power charge discharges. Ice nova is great damage and helps proc EE on more enemies.

Crit Multi vs Spell Damage
Spoiler

I prefer crit multi on my dagger as I have extremely high crit chances for my discharge and ice nova. With 7 p charges up (which is 99% of the time), I have about 91.5% chance to crit with discharge and 95% with my cyclone. Crit multi is more damage vs spell damage being increased damage. Both highly benefit the build but I prefer the multi over spell damage.

Auras
Spoiler

I chose to use discipline and purity of lightning empowered. It is possible to squeeze in a 35% aura with a couple lvl 3/4 enlightens, aura nodes, and more mana on hit. I think a cwdt - enfeeble setup is more than sufficient to curse most enemies. Running 2 vaal disciplines with increased duration can be useful as well for strongboxes and boss fights. They aren't needed but provide some additional comfort.

CI v Hybrid
Spoiler

CI provides many benefits over the hybrid variant. There is no need to carry a life flask which allows us to carry another highly beneficial utility flask. It is also easier to itemize pure ES and we never have to worry about chaos damage (which is more prevalent in 2.1). CI has slightly less eHP than hybrid but the benefits outweigh the positives.

Jewels
Spoiler

We need about 3-4 mana on hit total with our jewels to maintain our mana cost of cyclone. Otherwise we look for:
-crit multi
-crit multi with any sort of ele skill
-AS, AS w/ shield, AS w/ daggers, AS w/ one handed melee weapons
-Global crit chance, crit with spells, crit with 1h
-Energy shield
-Spell damage, spell damage w/ shield
-Area damage
-lightning damage
-increased damage
my jewels:

I also use an intuitive leap to reach the power charge, end charge, and faith and steel in the templar area.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Standard CI flask setup - % armor would be better on the granite but I was testing out vinktars.

Gameplay:
Spoiler

Typically, I whirling blades to the very edge of a pack to receive fortify, and immediately begin cycloning to avoid any stuns (cyclone provides stun immunity). I also instantly pop all 4 utility flasks and make small circular motions with cyclone to avoid long non CoC proc cyclones.

VIdeos are soon to come as my laptop is really unable to properly record quality gameplay ATM. I have been able to easily kill nearly every map boss without issues with hard mods. Only core malachai has given me trouble. All other bosses are easy to kill with proper flask management and mechanics. Most fights are pure face tank besides ones with one shot mechanics like vaal, voll, dominus, and malachai. So far my only deaths have been attempting really stupid things like double boss coliseum with boss dmg + added cold damage etc.

Feel free to ask any questions or provide any critique! My character name is RollBackCrafting if you want to ask me any questions in game. :)
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 11:47:57 AM
Would glad to see kill speed 6men-affected fat map bosses.
"
Sunshine80 wrote:
Would glad to see kill speed 6men-affected fat map bosses.

Its a little slower :P
Which bandits did you take?
"
Karnivool wrote:
Which bandits did you take?

Point-Point/AS-Power Charge
edit:
new boots + divined a ring

Hey, could you please update your skill tree for 2.2?

Also, how can you have 86k damage? With spell crit and crit multi? I roughly have 10k damage...
Ok, so, I was able to reach 50k damages.
Crit multi is insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info