[2.1] Quad-Blasphemy Bladefall - Hardcore

Introduction
First thing's first, I'm the realest.

So I made a character that went balls deep into cursing, and it's pretty good. I looked around quite a bit for anything similar, and the only thing I saw was some discussion in Sherkan's Bladefall thread that hit on some things, but left out I feel some important points.

What do you mean, "balls deep?"

I mean about 75% of your defense and offense comes directly through the power of having four curse auras on at all times. Of course everyone's first reaction to that is, well what about curse immune mobs?! Well, what about them? You know how many things in the game are actually curse immune? Not many. Yeah I was disappointed that I couldn't do the Volcano boss, but playing the game essentially on godmode outside of those encounters is well worth it I feel. Should a curse immune mod roll on a map I would otherwise run, I simply reroll the map until the curse immune mod is gone and circumvent that whole headache of swapping a quad-blasphemy character into a quad-aura chracter. Which is always an option, for sure, but too much of a pain in the ass for my blood. And if an enterprising group of curse immune magic monsters or even a particularly tough rare one come along, I employ the Brave Sir Robin strategy and I bravely run away. Sometimes I still kill them though, just because it's not like I'm a total wimp.

Once I got over my fear of curse immune mobs, life as a total badass became really enjoyable. Sometimes Zana drops that curse immune + vuln + ele weakness bullshit in a high tier map, and that kind be kind of upsetting, tho.

Setting up the build.

You need to hit a few checkpoints in order to sustain a quad-Blasphemy setup, which is at least 30% reduction in mana reservation, some way to sustain your main ability after that reservation, and 3 out of the 5 available ways to increase your curse limit. With that in mind, I went with this tree which picks up Eldritch Battery and Ghost Reaver for ability sustain:

Tree - Level 75

So the first thing you'll notice is the extremely minor investment into any kind of actual damage on the tree, but all that means is that this build is actually a lot more flexible than just Bladefall. We'll talk about some possible ideas later, but for now we're going with the bread and butter OPness this patch. I started as a Scion, in fact.

Curse Effectiveness.

For whatever reason, this seems to be a stat that's popularly neglected when it's probably the single most OP thing about the build. With 40% on tree and 10% more via quality on our Blasphemy gems, our curses are 1.5x more powerful on most monsters than characters who have not invested into any curse effectiveness, and 2.25x more powerful on bosses and rares. This means things like our Temporal Chains causing effects to expire 60% slower instead of 40% slower. We get 15% crit from Assassin's Mark to everyone else's 10%.

Offensive Synergies.

Ok, so the curses we'll be running will be Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Warlord's Mark, and Vulnerability. One, two, three...four. Four times 20% is 80% increased damage, which is a lot more than you think when you add poison into the mix. That's right, we'll be running Poison which lasts forever with Temporal Chains on, does a hell of a lot more damage with Vulnerability on, and is absolutely modified by the 80% damage. With Warlord's Mark as our source of leech, you can run Bladefall + Conc Effect + Spell Echo + Poison + Controlled Destruction. If you have a Consuming Dark, you don't even need the Poison gem.

Defensive Synergies.

Honestly, anything that has a max effective Enfeeble and Temporal chains on it probably won't kill you, even if it's some otherwise pretty rippy shit. That said, not everything can fit into your bubble at once, and curse immune drop bears are basically Grinding Gear Games' way of saying this is what it would be like if the terrorists used M1 Abrams tanks as suicide bombers. So we have Eldritch Battery and about 1000 Energy Shield, Ghost Reaver and Warlord's Mark to leech it back, and Mind over Matter to help make sure our happy curse spewing God of Destruction is a healthy curse spewing God of Destruction. Oh yeah, and a 3-charge Immortal Call on CWDT, that's not too shabby either.

Extraneous defenses like Lightning Coil, Cloak of Flames, Taste of Hate, etc, etc, are all each viable as well if you want to make just extra super sure you won't die. I'm really poor right now, though. Just thought you guys would like to know that.

Builds past level 75

Level 90 Non-Crit
Link

Just more damage and defense. I don't think the investment into AOE nodes is worth it, the only mobs you really want to be attacking are going to be within your Blasphemy radius, and even with Concentrated Effect and zero investment beyond gem quality on Bladefall itself, it still feels large enough to get the job done really quickly.

I use two of these because they're really stacked for poison Bladefall and I think shields are kinda for sissies:

Level 90 Crit
Crit version removed for pressing ceremonial reasons.

Elemental Considerations
80% damage and 81 penetration against bosses (135 against most things) is a pretty hefty starting point for any elemental spell that you can think of. Burning and fire damage being particularly exploitable in this kind of scenario I think.

I think if you're going to do it, though, it needs to be some sort of Elemental Equilibrium build that runs two different spells. Curse immune + element resistant hurts quite a bit if you invest everything into just one element, but Ele Weakness + Assassin's Mark would still be pretty legit damage with only half the penetration coming directly from curses and the other half coming from EE. Should be pretty easy to do since you don't need to worry about any incidental elemental damage gunking things up.

Anyway, I'd love to see someone try this out.

Screenshots
Link

I know this doesn't say anything at all, but I felt like people would be disappointed if they clicked on the spoiler and nothing was there. At the bare minimum, the character exists.

EDIT: Oh! Blasphemy radius is pretty useful, still has room to grow and this is on a hill so it's even bigger. It's basically the entire screen: Link

Videos
No link as of yet.

What it really comes down to is that I'm too lazy to figure out how to do any of this video stuff, every other attempt I've made has been pretty bad. Even though I think that some of the people making PoE videos today would have trouble operating a toothbrush, the ability to record 5-10 minutes of shit and narrate it remains beyond my grasp. Not sure what that says about me.

EDIT: DISREGARD ALL THAT I MADE A CRAPPY VIDEO: Link

It was my highest map at the time, but I felt like if anything could show the kind of damage the build can put out, it would be an Enfeeble + Phys reduction map.
Last edited by JamesVZ on Feb 4, 2016, 2:44:26 PM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 10:01:02 AM
sounds awesome man. do you run curse immune maps with a change in playstyle/gear or is that pretty much a hard nope?
Your critic version is non-crit.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
"
sherkhan wrote:
I'm not sure how well the hp stack would survive in higher maps. I went with the ES option, and people report doing L90+ on the low-life quad curse variation.

Yeah, low-life or even I think CI would be a better option, but require more investment. As of T11 maps, the hitpoints are fine. Curse immune mobs can be kind of scary so I tend to run away more from them in the higher, rippier maps I do, but otherwise the game is a breeze.
Made a video, it's kind of crappy but I think shows what kind of damage it does: Link
Looks interesting, was looking for something diff to try, think I'll give this a whirl.

Think I'm going to use a caster dagger + bino's though, for the regen, and because I've already got the bino's.

Did some tinkering with the tree, you used 98 points, I used 103, you have I believe 163% inc life, I have 159% inc life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6smlW1sJIth4jY9tUjDOlVLnarrYxmKbIwRL_sJYqwrCvbaXfIajw5IEZYHHpUu8NWP-klR7BjQ0HC7Tm3BxV9qpcSIQpwygh4UsNsLTC0RD6yYOlj311XGm6GD249GGGqnCB0UeC_r7vrSfOUy0ZrghTIc3GaeFy8Wb1gHRUdFnbiTjxpyD2TnJKrjasBmU1Io-lnzVdY26TwFBLOCxxo4gKSf3-98ogD56JBVmjvwH0GHJy_tPGjynL7Vpg0fPCg=

Gained str, gained dex, gained energy shield, gained life regen, gained cast speed, gained spell damage, gained aoe.

I think worth it.

If I decide to take it higher level than that there are 3 diff 2 point jewel nodes that can be grabbed, and then could still put points into the scion life wheel if desired.

For bandits I decided I'm going Oak, Alira, Oak.
Last edited by Dreschau on Feb 6, 2016, 4:23:54 PM
Hi there can you link your gear setup and updated skill tree pls?
Last edited by philipma on Aug 26, 2016, 10:19:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info