Utility Flasks for Ascendancy

"
Ojavierpbm wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Not so fond of the resistance flask nerf. I play a non-crit arc character in talisman and even with a 10% topaz flask (with anti shock) up its still dangerous to hit an ele reflect rare. Ok i get it that some ascendancy classes will have a way to raise their ele resists but im pretty sure that won't be available for all the classes. Does that mean that any elemental spellcaster without spell block will have to be one of those classes? If so, who will ever use a staff for spellcasting?

Oh and how do you crit arcers even deal with reflect?

Also a good step to nerf those op unique flask would be to nerf the hell out of whirling blades. The main reason players can maintain those flasks up 100% of the time is because they can move from packs to packs so ridiculously fast using that skill (which is 10 times better than any other movement skill).
so let me get this straight you want to nerf WB because is works. How bout just buff other movement skills. Wb is fast and efficient because when you are melee leap slam does not help dodge big frontal burst attacks consistently. that fact that casters use it is a skill is investment in play-style. weapon swapping without messing up is not as easy as it seems.

Oh ok so let me get this straight... because One skill is op and makes the whole community use daggers, be it melee or casters, the devs should go on and buff all other skills just to make it on par with it? Whirling makes everything just way too easy. Some players, like you obviously, have been spoiled by the incredibly broken mobility it provides. Doesn't take much skill to play that game when you can move out of every single bad position at the very last millisecond with one single click.
Last edited by Krayken on Feb 3, 2016, 6:37:06 PM
Awesome!
not liking the mas res idea but the new flasks and the new unique flasks were much needed...spell block and dodge summoner ftw...would like to see a unholy might flask though...come on ggg...and why nerf quicksilver...imo this is pointless... let those whirling blade spammers take a shot in the mouth instead of a global nerf
Last edited by Lamborghini118 on Feb 3, 2016, 7:28:18 PM
game should be balanced around like 40-60res or something

cause res is lame as fuck
should be a bonus not a REQUIREMENT

and as a spell caster enemy res is bullshit

no legacy of normals .. and then legacy of crap unique flasks
- lame as fuck
Last edited by CaoMengde on Feb 3, 2016, 8:24:35 PM
resists are lame as fuck...
This. Is. Huge.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
PoE's Baroque Period is giving way to the Rococo.

Seems to me like everything's ba-roke.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
1453R wrote:
Maybe some of that will offset resistance flasks taking a hit?
No. Just because this has never happened before.
"
StormerVirus wrote:
Well, resistnace flask with 10% max res. will become legacy?
If flasks could roll different values, like 9-11% then it probably would have been so. But this is one modifier with fixed value, they will just change it in one place and it will apply to all existing flasks :\
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
how to get some comments from GGG? about flask nerf situation?
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

We've added new mods that can be rolled on Flasks:
  • Increased Duration (Utility Flasks)
  • Increased Effect, Reduced Duration (Utility Flasks)
  • Poison Removal and Immunity (All Flasks)
  • Reduced number of Charged Used (All Flasks)

Really liking these new mods. Is the reduced charge usage mutually exclusive with increased charges?

"
GGG_Neon wrote:

We've made some balance changes to existing Utility Flasks:
  • Resistance Flasks have been reduced to +6% maximum resistance. (It's getting easier to dramatically increase maximum resistances, so this change is designed to partially counteract the new tools such as the Flask Effect mod and new Ascendancy options.)
  • Quartz Flask now provides Dodge and Spell Dodge, as well as Phasing.
  • The duration, charge requirements and maximum charges on many existing utility flasks have been updated. In general, they're now easier to use, but there have been specific balance changes in some cases. For example, Quicksilver Flasks now have a slightly shorter duration (until you boost it with the new mod or an Ascendancy passive skill).

I'm going to love the new Quartz Flask as long as it grants 10% or more. Any less will feel like pointless extra text. For the rebalancing, I'll just have to wait and see.

"
GGG_Neon wrote:

Ascendancy introduces new base types of Utility Flasks:
  • Basalt Flask: Grants additional physical damage reduction.
  • Aquamarine Flask: Grants additional chance to avoid cold damage and creates chilled ground on use.
  • Stibnite Flask: Grants increased evasion and creates smoke clouds on use.
  • Sulphur Flask: Grants increased damage and creates consecrated ground on use.
  • Silver Flask: Grants Onslaught.
  • Bismuth Flask: Grants elemental resistances.

Interesting mix.
  • Basalt Flask: Percent or flat? Possibly an interesting alternative or complement to Granite Flasks.
  • Aquamarine Flask: Honestly I'll probably use this as much as I use resistance flasks (which is never), but I have to ask - where are the fire/lightning/chaos versions?
  • Stibnite Flask: At first glance this seems strictly better than Jade Flask.
  • Sulphur Flask: Seems good. At minimum it's a damage boost for non-crit characters, since crit gets Diamond Flasks.
  • Silver Flask: After all this time, I still don't know what Onslaught does. Go ahead and laugh.
  • Bismuth Flask: This is a resistance flask I can see myself using if I'm not resist capped. The single-resist ones always felt too clunky to me because I'm not willing to swap them out constantly depending on where I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info