Commander of Darkness Witch Ascendancy Node:

Haste is totally not worth 50% reservation.
And Flesh Offering means no spirit offering, so you gotta pick and choose.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
well you need to remeber that the attack speed from the tree is the smallest amount of possible attack speed you can get on minions

you can get 30 from a buffed hasted . 50ish from a vaal haste, 30 from an offering and even more from the now popular frenzy charges

to the point where i often dont even pick up the optional 12% attack speed.

It's still quadratic scaling. Every node that gives you both phys damage and attack speed is awesome. Every bit of physical scaling makes attack speed scaling better; every bit of attack speed scaling makes physical scaling better.

And against trash I don't even need to have flesh offering up most of the time anymore.

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Haste is totally not worth 50% reservation.
And Flesh Offering means no spirit offering, so you gotta pick and choose.

eh... this wouldn't really be one of my arguments for Commander of Darkness. Flesh Offering is way better for SRS, hands-down. If you need the 2% ES regen then you're doing something wrong.

Also the case for SRS: we have lots of mana reservation nodes so the "50%" reservation is fine. My auras are haste + blood magic, clarity + blood magic, hatred + generosity, anger + generosity, and discipline + empower. Yes, you heard right, Empower. Totally worth that extra bit of reservation.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 28, 2016, 2:02:18 PM
"

If you need the 2% ES regen then you're doing something wrong.

I was more thinking of the 30% extra chaos damage. Then again, only summoners I ever played were classical with Zombies.
Everyone has their preferences, I guess.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Jun 28, 2016, 3:08:12 PM
Hi there :)

I have a 2 questions about "Commander of Darkness" mechanics.
If I have understood it correctly "Commander of Darkness" adds additional effect to the existing aura effect:

lvl 7 Vitality + CommOfDark:
*1% life regen
*10% incr. DMG
*5% incr. atk and cast speed
*20% all res.

As far as I know the effect of CommOfDark is stackable because its added to each aura.

So what i want to ask is:
1) Blasphemy support gem. "Supported curse spells are cast as auras" is that mean that this curses are affected by CommOfDark?
If the answer is "Yes" then there is a bug because right now it's not working like that.

2) Are the 20% all res also added to each aura U cast?
If the answer is "Yes" then there is another bug because this also is not working as intended.

I have a Necromancer in the softcore prophecy league and currently using Vitality and Discipline .I receive the offence bonuses for both of the auras but i don't receive 2nd 20% all ress ... but befor that i think i try 2 auras and i get 40% all res.

Can someone enlighten me please :D
Curses with Blasphemy are still not real auras.
Besides, I wouldn't see the benefit in granting enemies increased damage. 0.o
The Elemental Resist bonus only applies once.
Zaanus:

___
Curses with Blasphemy are 'real' auras. You're right though that they don't affect you or allies, so of course they don't work with this node.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Spoiler
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Curses with Blasphemy are 'real' auras. You're right though that they don't affect you or allies, so of course they don't work with this node.

TyVM

I think that now I understand better how CommOfDark works.
I guess it's better that way ... coz the way I was thinking/hoping to use it was gonna be way to OP, but still "Dreams are free" ... right? :D
If two players have two auras each, will the bonus provide x 4, if in range?
Some tips with Commander of Darkness.

The increased damage and speed are a modification to every aura you cast. This means it is affected by any increases to aura effectiveness like on the Sovereignty passive node.

If you are using Commander of Darkness always include a level 1 Clarity in your set up. It isn't a % reservation but a flat reservation of 34 mana. 34 is a trivially small amount and the Clarity still gives you a stack of the Commander of Darkness bonus.
"
Billydanomad wrote:
If two players have two auras each, will the bonus provide x 4, if in range?

Only if there's four different Auras in play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info